Suite size - Nieuw Amsterdam SA vs. SC

DesertSunset

Hello! The Holland America Neptune suite information indicates the size to be 506-590. Does anyone know if the SA suites are larger in size than the SC's? ... particularly looking at Nieuw Amsterdam SC 6100, 02, 04, 05, 07, 09 on the Upper Verandah deck. SC's appear to be smaller on the deck plan. Thank you!

I'm pretty sure all the SA/SB/SC same size except the SB on the aft corners, which are slightly smaller inside. The sizes given include the balcony, and the aft corners have a much larger one.

Use a pair of dividers to compare the deck plan width of the SC you mentioned against the width of the deck 6 SB or any of the SA and you will see they are all shown as the same.

Edited by catl331

We’ve been in An Sa, Sb and Sc. The SA and the SC were the same except the Sc was near the elevator and the SA was nearer the Neptune Lounge. The SB, which always what I book when it’s available,was located Aft . The room itself was a little smaller but the deck is huge

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello! The Holland America Neptune suite information indicates the size to be 506-590. Does anyone know if the SA suites are larger in size than the SC's? ... particularly looking at Nieuw Amsterdam SC 6100, 02, 04, 05, 07, 09 on the Upper Verandah deck. SC's appear to be smaller on the deck plan. Thank you!
The difference in size is marginal from what we've experienced. We will be staying in 6109, the first time in an SC, in November. We put this cruise together "last minute" compared to normal and honestly didn't care what cabin as long as it was a Neptune (we've become spoiled). After 4 cruises in aft-wrap SBs (which another poster correctly stated are slightly smaller, but the wrap-around verandas are much larger), we were ready for a change. After looking at the deck plans, 6109's location is pretty convenient to the aft elevators which get the most daytime activity from us, and is also relatively convenient to the mid-ship elevators as well. We're one deck from the Lounge, but that's never been an issue in the past. I would make sure you're happy with cabin location rather than which classification. We only have two in the suite and have never felt short of space. Edited by blizzardboy

To add: Some folks don't like the "long" walk to the Neptune Lounge. We didn't mind it at all..and we REALLY liked the proximity to the aft elevators. And we are like the previous poster. Our first cruise was in a Neptune Suite and we just can't seem to book anything else. We really feel like royalty, lol, for the short time we are on board. Eventually, we will need to economize but we are making hay while the sun shines..:)

on the the S & R ships is see no difference.

On the Vistas and Signature, I do.

We had an SB and the couch was smaller due to the size of the room (not an aft) but honestly, the room was better laid out and felt roomier even though it was smaller.

Those rooms that have the big verandahs, I do see a noticeable difference in the room size. If you can put the verandah to use, it's fine.

But, if one of you is not a "verandah" person you will see a difference.

JME.