Christmas / New Years on the Prinsendam

travelwide

Would like to hear from anyone who has experienced the above. We did it two years in a row on RCCL Serenade of the Seas. We are thinking about doing it this year on the Prinsendam.

Do they decorate the ship a lot, have holiday songs, cocktail hours?? Is the ship too quiet in the evenings. We have never experience this small a ship during the holidays. Or, as a matter of fact, anytime on HAL.

Looking forward to hearing about your experiences on this particular ship!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2439453&highlight=prinsendam

Hope this works' date=' it's the link from my review of our

Prinsendam cruise last year. If it doesn't work please search the forum for it[/quote']

So enjoyed your review!!!

Thank you! I hope this helps the OP.

Denise:)

My traveling companion and I sailed on the Prinsendam's 2015/16 Christmas-New Year's Cruise. The staff and crew did a magnificent job in helping the guests celebrate both holidays.

The ship was nicely decorated with several trees in different areas of the ship. The main tree was in the Atrium. On the first late afternoon/early evening, the staff and guests filled the area singing carols while hot chocolate, Christmas cookies, and warm cider were distributed. Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve had special Gala menus for dinner. Christmas Eve religious services were also available. We were in port on Christmas Day, but there was a morning Christmas program in the Showroom at Sea that started with a cute video showing Santa's arrival. Gifts were distributed by Santa to the few children that were in attendance. (They had more gifts than kids; I think all of the children received at least two gifts.)

New Year's Eve was really special. The main Midnight celebration was in the Showroom at Sea. We celebrated with good music and free champagne and a small buffet at the rear of the Lounge. The ship was in the Atlantic Time Zone, so after that party began to wind down, the party then moved aft to the Ocean Bar where there was more good music and dancing. A big screen TV had been erected and was tuned to New Year's Eve in New York. At Midnight in New York, we watched the "Ball drop" at Times Square and celebrated the arrival of 2016 once again! It was the most fun I have had on New Year's Eve in many years.

New Year's Eve 2016 found my traveling companion and I on Nieuw Amsterdam. Their ship's company did a good job of celebrating the arrival of 2017. The main event took place in the mid-ship's pool area; the area was packed and the BB King group provided the music. A more sedate celebration took place in the Crow's Nest, again with good music and champagne. While I enjoyed Nieuw Amsterdam's staff's efforts, the Prinsendam's party was more fun.