Miracle to Mexican Riviera wondering about sea conditions

scotty22

I will be on the Miracle in 12 days for first trip to Mexican Riviera. Can anyone give me info about what sea conditions might be like? I know there are hurricanes in the area sometimes so the waves may be high. We are mid-ship and not prone to seasickness but just wondering.

Sea conditions change on a daily basis. There is no way to predict how seas will be 2 weeks from now.

You might as well be asking what type of clouds will be seen over your house in 2 weeks. Cirrus, stratus, cumulonimbus?

Thanks mercadomaria.

I understand they vary but given that it is open Pacific and there are more storms in that area at this time of year was just wondering if it is more rough than not.

I understand they vary but given that it is open Pacific and there are more storms in that area at this time of year was just wondering if it is more rough than not.

All we can do is speculate. Although it is true that it's hurricane season and there may be storms in the area, this will not determine how rough the seas will be 12 days from now. I always remember sailing from Miami the day after hurricane Katrina hit Miami. Even though the storm had just passed less than 24 hours before, we enjoyed glass like conditions. The ocean was so calm that we could see a clear, mirror like reflection of the ship on the ocean.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would not worry about the sea conditions. Worry is just interest on a problem you don't have. The miracle is well stabilized against yaw. I felt a bit of skid riding on the stern going North along Baja. It was nothing that would cause any stomach concern. I've never been on her in any kind of stormy wx, so if you cannot sway with the ship you might want a patch behind the ear.