Carnival Freedom Aug. 5, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel

supertop

We drove in from the Dallas area early on Aug. 5 and arrived in Galveston around 10:00 with no traffic problem. We stepped onto the ship about noon. After going to our staterooms, we headed to the buffet. I had fish. It was good. Sunday morning we had breakfast at the buffet. The cinnamon roll was not good and the biscuits were terrible. Otherwise it was good. There was bacon in varying degrees of doneness. Later I tried the strawberry ice cream and it was very good but they did not have that flavor every day. The dinner menu at the main dining room, called the Chic restaurant and also the Posh restaurant, was not the same every day. On the first Elegant night I had lobster and it was very good. Another time I had clam chowder and frog legs. They also have "brunch" on sea days and once I had steak and eggs. They will cook them any way you want them.

Monday was a bad day. It was a little stormy and we could feel a lot of ship movement. Once it felt and sounded like we hit a triple speed bump. Sunday I had only felt a little vibration in my feet in the bathroom. The rest of the trip was fairly smooth.

We had booked the Family Adventure at the Good Hope Estate. There were not a lot of activities besides walking around and seeing the house and the aviary. There was not a great variety of birds. Some would sit on your hand and eat bird seed but the birds did not want to be touched with your other hand. There was also a pool and a slide. They also had rum tasting. A meal with a bottle of water was $18. You could get jerk chicken or fried chicken or a chicken sandwich. I had the fried chicken and I thought it was good.

Ok how do I put pictures here?

Oh, I'm sorry to hear it was a bit choppy for you. We leave on the 19th. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for smooth sailing! We are scheduled to go on the Family Adventure at the Good Hope Estate too. I don't know how to post pictures either but I hope you can figure it out. I'd love to see them!

We had booked the Family Adventure at the Good Hope Estate. There were not a lot of activities besides walking around and seeing the house and the aviary. There was not a great variety of birds. Some would sit on your hand and eat bird seed but the birds did not want to be touched with your other hand. There was also a pool and a slide. They also had rum tasting. A meal with a bottle of water was $18. You could get jerk chicken or fried chicken or a chicken sandwich. I had the fried chicken and I thought it was good.

Ok how do I put pictures here?

Here is a (long) thread on how to post pictures. Just disregard use of photobucket as it is now for a fee:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1714741

It would be easier if you use the Cruise Critic Forum mobile app.

After the Good Hope Estate at Jamaica, we had the Hell, Turtle Farm, and Stingray Sand Bar at Grand Cayman. The area of rocks they call Hell is not very big. The turtle farm was interesting. We got to hold turtles and take pictures. On the sand bar I touched a stingray. It is rough on top. We waited til we got back on the ship to eat. Then we went to Cozumel. My son, his wife and her mother and the two granddaughters went snorkeling but my wife and I didn't. The buffet lunch was excellent. We also enjoyed the sea lion show.

Edited by supertop
Adding information

Download tapatalk app and link it to cruise critic. Post pics through tapatalk and it will be here immediately.

Is tapatalk free? I saw where somebody mentioned paying for it and also said there were lots of ads. I am hesitant about putting it on my phone because I am running out of memory.

Edited by supertop
sentence not finished