On the Freedom 9-2

mrgoalie

Should have cancelled and got the refund. Service is embarrassing, plumbing, air conditioning, telephone, room service, refrigerator, has been an absolute atrocity. The only thing left is for the power to go out. The sad part is we still have 5 and a half days.

This can't be the same ship people were singing the praises of while stuck in the gulf last week. If this is their best....then about 2900 are in deep trouble. It can't come soon enough for Princess to start cruising in the summer months in the Caribbean. This will be the last Carnival cruise for us.

Should have cancelled and got the refund. Service is embarrassing, plumbing, air conditioning, telephone, room service, refrigerator, has been an absolute atrocity. The only thing left is for the power to go out. The sad part is we still have 5 and a half days.

This can't be the same ship people were singing the praises of while stuck in the gulf last week. If this is their best....then about 2900 are in deep trouble. It can't come soon enough for Princess to start cruising in the summer months in the Caribbean. This will be the last Carnival cruise for us.

Hmmmm, something sure seems amiss.....

I'm still looking forward to sailing on her on 9/23. All the ones who were glad to be on her for the extended cruise the last 2 weeks can't be THAT wrong.

I agree with the last couple of posters.... if you are that disappointed, use the insurance and get off.

Carnival use to have a policy in place that if you are so unhappy you can get off at the first port of call and fly home. They'll refund your fare but you're on your own on flying home. If you are that miserable look into it.

They fly you home too ( to your home or embark port ) if you have a passport ( if needed)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm still looking forward to sailing on her on 9/23. All the ones who were glad to be on her for the extended cruise the last 2 weeks can't be THAT wrong.

I agree with the last couple of posters.... if you are that disappointed, use the insurance and get off.

We are going on the Freedom 9/23 too! Can't WAIT!!! My only concern is getting TO Galveston. We are coming from Arkansas down interstate 59/69 and last I saw part of 59 was buckled earlier last week due to Hurricane Harvey. I'm hoping everything is clear and passable within 2 weeks from this Friday. :)

We are going on the Freedom 9/23 too! Can't WAIT!!! My only concern is getting TO Galveston. We are coming from Arkansas down interstate 59/69 and last I saw part of 59 was buckled earlier last week due to Hurricane Harvey. I'm hoping everything is clear and passable within 2 weeks from this Friday. :)

If you have to, you can always detour to I45. Last I heard it was clear to Galveston again.

Don't worry- lots of people driving to Galveston from places north of Houston have reported that the highways are clear... I hadn't heard about Hwy 59 being damaged, but if it is, and not repaired by the time you come in, there are lots of ways to get to the island...

You might want to use this site before you leave to plot out your path... http://static.drivetexas.org/#10/29.6904/-95.3270 it will tell you exactly the state of the roads you need to take so you can detour if you need to.

Funny, our service on all our Carnival & Royal cruises was better than the service on our Princess cruise. I'm wondering what on earth could be wrong with the phone. We have only used the cabin phone to call our traveling companions' rooms or if we need extra towels.

I'm going to have to defend you on this one. We cruised the Freedom July 22.... it will most likely be our last Carnival cruise as well. Our main problem was the air conditioning in the cabins, HOT!! We had them come check it day after day ... was told we were within regulatory temperature ... that the actual temperature is controlled in the office remotely. Begged for fans, told we couldn't have one unless we had a medical condition. My daughter came home sick from the cruise due to being so hot at night while trying to sleep .... it's inhumane the temperatures they keep the cabins. We had balcony cabins and had to keep the curtains pulled completely over the door to try to keep any sun out of the room just to be able to stand it. What a waste! We pulled up to a Norwegian boat in port. The passengers were leaving their balcony doors wide open and enjoying. Guess there are no problems with their air

Conditioners , I plan to find out.

Don't worry- lots of people driving to Galveston from places north of Houston have reported that the highways are clear... I hadn't heard about Hwy 59 being damaged, but if it is, and not repaired by the time you come in, there are lots of ways to get to the island...

You might want to use this site before you leave to plot out your path... http://static.drivetexas.org/#10/29.6904/-95.3270 it will tell you exactly the state of the roads you need to take so you can detour if you need to.

Wonderful - thanks so much, Shaded Lady! I will definitely check into that website for sure! :)