ms Eurodam and ms Nieuw Amsterdam in Juneau September 4, 2017

Scrapnana

The Signature Sisters will be spending Labor Day in Juneau. Both are scheduled for 1300-2200 with Eurodam at the AS dock and Nieuw Amsterdam at the CT dock.

Also in port are Ruby Princess (FKL dock) from 1100-2215 and Solstice (AJ dock) from 1330-2200.

Weather is going to be the same old, same old. Periods of rain (100%) with a high of 58F/14C and a low of 54F/12C. Sunrise is at 6:02 am and sunset at 7:50 p.m.

The PTZtv webcam can be found at http://www.juneauharborwebcam.com/ .

I watched Explorer OTS arrive yesterday (nice weather on a Sunday, of course). Still dark in Juneau (520am) but there appear to be raindrops reflections in the camera.

NA passing behind Sitka/Kake with Eurodam a bit behind.

Roy

We have Maasdam visiting FLL Wed Sep 13 on her way from NE and Canada to So Pac. Only appears to be a port call, no listing that I've seen for boarding there.

Plus we got a ZOOM!

cruisetimetables shows a Panama Canal cruise to San Diego. Were you looking on the HAL site. It may not be listed there because it's sold out.

Roy

Hmm, these new docks in Juneau this year have me slightly disoriented. In previous years we've always docked right in front of the library. But I actually skipped Alaska this year, so haven't experienced the new docks personally.

cruisetimetables shows a Panama Canal cruise to San Diego. Were you looking on the HAL site. It may not be listed there because it's sold out.

Roy

From SD [sep 25] she goes to Hawai`i and then to the So Pac. SD seems to be a supply port - mostly. And of course not everyone can stay on board that long.

Hmm, these new docks in Juneau this year have me slightly disoriented. In previous years we've always docked right in front of the library. But I actually skipped Alaska this year, so haven't experienced the new docks personally.

Looks to me the one closest to the library is the CT dock where the Nieuw Amsterdam will be going.

Roy