Dining rooms on Freedom, Breeze

dntw8up

We have not sailed with Carnival before, but we are looking into sailing soon on either the Carnival Freedom or Carnival Breeze, and we want to choose a cabin with easy access to the dining room. We have a few questions about this:

1. The midship dining room (Chic or Sapphire) appears on the deck plans to have doors both to the forward lobby and to the midship elevators. Can you enter the dining room from either end? Or is only one of the doors staffed for diners to arrive?
  2. As I understand, your dining room is assigned to you with your seating. Is it possible to ask the maitre d' to change it if you would prefer a different dining room?
  3. I have seen conflicting information as to which dining rooms host anytime dining. Where is anytime dining on these ships?

Thanks!

You don't have to have assigned seating if you go with anytime dining. You will be assigned to a dining room. I've changed dining times before when we had set time dining, but never dining rooms. You only have one entrance when you go to dinner. I've been on both these ships, but couldn't tell you the name of the dining room we were in. It seems we are always in whatever dining room enters off the lobby. We mostly do anytime dining. I'd have to go find my S&S cards for the actual names. As far as being convenient to the cabin, we always stay on decks 7 and above because we spend more time on Lido than anywhere else.

We have not sailed with Carnival before, but we are looking into sailing soon on either the Carnival Freedom or Carnival Breeze, and we want to choose a cabin with easy access to the dining room. We have a few questions about this:

1. The midship dining room (Chic or Sapphire) appears on the deck plans to have doors both to the forward lobby and to the midship elevators. Can you enter the dining room from either end? Or is only one of the doors staffed for diners to arrive?
  2. As I understand, your dining room is assigned to you with your seating. Is it possible to ask the maitre d' to change it if you would prefer a different dining room?
  3. I have seen conflicting information as to which dining rooms host anytime dining. Where is anytime dining on these ships?

Thanks!

Pertaining only to the Breeze:

1. No, you enter from the atrium.

2. I don't think so,

3. Your Time dining is seated in mid-ship MDR.

Anytime dining is on the midship dining room. There are doors located at the midship elevators, but the hostess stand is at the entrance on Deck 3 odf.the atrium.

The MDR for reserved seating dining, port day breakfast, and sea day brunch, is located aft on Decks 3 and 4. The hostess stand is on Deck 3.

You can request a table and/or dining time change for the reserved seating in the MDR (aft) or request a switch to anytime dining when you board the ship. There is someone available at the hostess stand in the midship MDR during boarding. After the first evening it can become more difficult to accommodate change requests if you have a full ship.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
Please choose the Breeze over the Freedom. She is a much newer and nicer ship. I have been on both and think the Breeze is far superior.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would pick the freedom, not as ch ohopped up as the breeze...

Pick the one that works for you!

The entrance at dinner on both ships is on the atrium side...