Christmas tree decorations from Papeete, Moorea and Bora Bora?

Has anyone seen decorations for a Christmas tree in the French Polynesian islands?

We have decorations from all over the world on our tree and would love to get some from the islands we will be visiting next year.

We already have some from Hawaii - Santa in an outrigger and Santa in a hoola skirt. :)

I collect these too, my Hawaiian one is a glass Hawaiian shirt lol. I didn't see any specifically, but I was there in October. The goods you can buy at the markets are more of the locally made, hand crafted variety so I don't think you'd get a themed Santa sort if thing, but quite possibly you could repurpose a small carving to be a tree decoration, there were lots of wood carvings of turtles, bone carvings etc at the markets that would work well for this.

Thanks Jacs,

I will look out for something suitable. :)

Our Christmas tree is full of memories of holidays but also of family members who have give us things for our Christmas tree. My Mum wanted to have something on our tree so we remembered her and she gave us some littlle wooden, painted decorations a few years ago. Very sadly she died last November. Decorating the Christmas tree was very emotional last year!

We do the same thing with family member and travel-/event-themed ornaments. Re-purposing a small souvenir as a tree ornament is a great idea and we'll certainly look to do that during our FP trip/cruise this Sept for our 40th.

Thanks!

Edited by KruzeKrazy!

• 1 month later...

Destination ornaments/rememberances has been part of our family tradition for many, many years. I have one tree in our home specifically reserved for 'ports of call'. We created a revolving globe tree topper for it last year and everyone that comes to my house over the holidays loves the tradition. It is not always easy to find something that is meant to be an ornament and the unique finds that we display on the tree are my favorites.

My husband and I are celebrating our 35th anniversary with a few days in Bora Bora followed by the Society Islands aboard the Paul Gaugin sailing on 7/4. We are so excited for this bucket list adventure.

Other collectible traditions are aprons and cookbooks from our destinations!