Vancouver Hotel

garyc20

Need a good hotel recomendation for August 16 close to Pier in Vancouver for family....Happy Thanksgiving to all. We are a very blessed nation.

For being close to the pier one can;t beat the PanPacific. Transfer to the pier is by elevator.

The bellman will pick up your checked luggage from your hotel room and it goes straight t your cabin. Just remember to keep your documents separate for checkin and US customs.

Good breakfast buffet. Like most things in Vancouver, kinda pricey, but oh so convenient

Need a good hotel recomendation for August 16 close to Pier in Vancouver for family....Happy Thanksgiving to all. We are a very blessed nation.

Use this site . It gives hotels in all price ranges. Just select "Port of Vancouver (Canada Place)" and dates.

http://www.pre-cruisehotels.com/

The Pan Pacific is the best but can be expensive for a family.

I recommend staying a few blocks away from cruise to afford multi-night stays... use google maps to assess walking distance. Some ideas commonly discussed.

mid-range hotels to research....

• Delta Suites
  • Pinnacle
  • Harbourfront
  • Auburge

budget hotels to research....

• Blue horizon
  • landmark
  • Hampton Inn downtown (not airport)
  • Day's Inn?

• 1 month later...

We stayed at the Hyatt on Burrard for about $150 a night. It was very nice and central to a lot of dining and sightseeing options. Attached to a shopping center with a McDonald's and Tim Hortons. It was only a $10 cab ride to the port so well worth to to me.

My family stayed at the Fairmont Waterfront, which is located across the street from the cruise terminal. It was very conveneient. Our luggage was picked up in our hotel room and taken to the ship. It was great.

We stayed at the Auberge in September family of 4 (2 teens) and found it very comfortable and central to the pier. They even provide a service of transporting the bags for you and it is a really easy walk. I would stay there again. :)