So need your expert advise! Universal studios pre Disney Cruise.

lvcrzn

The search engine has lead me to some very old posts, their for I am reaching out to all CC's for any new advise

While I would love to see the Harry Potter stuff at Universal, I'm not tired of WDW parks yet. Once we decide to go to Florida on a trip, WDW is a major part of it.

If we were in Florida at least a week, I might do Universal one day.

We went to Universal for a week in July. Had a blast. A week is prob too long if you plan to spend most of the day at the parks, but since it was July we schlepped ourselves to the park very early every day and then left between 11-Noon when it got hot and crowded. Then we spent the rest of the day by the pool. The pool at Portifino was Awesome!! Can't say enough about it. We did got back to the park at night twice.

I was blown away by the HP sections of the park and I think they are worth seeing. If you plan to be at the parks all day I think 2 days is enough (maybe 3), but that is my opinion.

We ate at Cow Fish, my kids liked it so much that we went back a second time.

As an FYI my 5 year old did not like most of the rides at the parks, so we used the rider swap a lot. So I think some of what you will/will not enjoy depends on the ages of your kids (if you have kids).

Have fun!

Yes..you need at least 2 days to see Universal...unless it's REALLY packed...then plan on 3!!!

We LOVE Disneyworld...but Universal is a great time, too!

And it's true...you can be "too young" to appreciate the parks! Considering the cost, I'd wait until kids are around 6 before taking them...any younger, and they just don't "get" the magic!!!

Edited by cb at sea

I'll second Cowfish! We ate there twice too. :) And because it's not a recognizable chain, the waits are much shorter than some other places. It had a great variety of food - sushi to burgers.

As for Universal, the Harry Potter area is awesome. The rest of the park, just ok. There seemed to be a lot of midway type "pay your money to try to win something" booths, which is painful given how much you pay just to get in. The waits for the rides, excepting the Harry Potter ones, are not 'imagineered" well. Basically just a lot of standing around looking at nothing.

There is a huge rope bridge play ground that my kids loved.

Be advised that you need a ticket that covers both parks (Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios) if you want to ride the Hogwarts Express.