Pte-cruise booklet

Underwatr

We got our pre-cruise booklet for our Christmas cruise today. Have they stopped putting luggage tags in the back of the book altogether?

This is the first time we've booked a Guarantee so I'm not sure whether the changes I'm seeing in this edition are due to that or just more corner-cutting.

In the long run it doesn't matter since I usually print off tags from the Voyage Personaliser. Just curious

Thanks. There are some other sections that say things like "When your stateroom is allocated..." so maybe a lot of it is because we don't have an allocation yet.

I also recall in previous years a page near the front showing the location of the assigned stateroom. Obviously that's not in our book this time but I don't think it was there last year either.

Thanks. There are some other sections that say things like "When your stateroom is allocated..." so maybe a lot of it is because we don't have an allocation yet. I also recall in previous years a page near the front showing the location of the assigned stateroom. Obviously that's not in our book this time but I don't think it was there last year either.
Hi Underwatr,

My pre-cruise booklet )QM2) arrived a couple of weeks ago, has luggage labels in the back, however no map showing the location of my cabin.

Happy sailings for your Christmas cruise :)

In the UK you only get luggage labels in the back of your pre-cruise booklet if you've paid the full Cunard Fare with the cabin number you have chosen printed on. (We booked the full Cunard Fare for the QM2 this year and got the labels). If you've booked a saver/guarantee fare, they don't know yet what your cabin number will be so you don't get the labels in the back of the booklet. You have to print them off yourself when your cabin number is assigned.

As Peppern says, there's now no mention anywhere, like there used to be, in the booklet of your cabin number.

Does everyone get a pre cruise booklet? Im on 5 Nov TA, booked cunard fare, but not received anything? Is it to do with status (we are gold). I keep seeing these on other social media, and wondered where these came from. Or perhaps they don't do them for TA's?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's possible that they don't do them for TAs (it's been five years since our TA). The primary function of the booklet seems to be as a catalog of shore excursions particularly if, like us, the stateroom assignment is still pending. There are other sections of the booklet such as reminders about the dress code and pre-travel checklists but the bulk of the book is shore excursions.

You can download a version of the booklet by going into the Personaliser and clicking on "Your Voyage Information." Too soon and they'll no longer send you the glossy one with your names on the cover. I consider it a rite of voyage passage to get the big envelope from the UK (for some reason they still come via air mail from Southampton) so I'm careful not to click on that link until after receiving the printed one.

It's possible that they don't do them for TAs (it's been five years since our TA). The primary function of the booklet seems to be as a catalog of shore excursions particularly if, like us, the stateroom assignment is still pending. There are other sections of the booklet such as reminders about the dress code and pre-travel checklists but the bulk of the book is shore excursions.
I've received the booklet for crossings in the past (unless I've booked very close to sailing date when, understandably, they've not sent one to me)
You can download a version of the booklet by going into the Personaliser and clicking on "Your Voyage Information." Too soon and they'll no longer send you the glossy one with your names on the cover. I consider it a rite of voyage passage to get the big envelope from the UK (for some reason they still come via air mail from Southampton) so I'm careful not to click on that link until after receiving the printed one.
I agree with you, receiving and reading the glossy booklet helps fill the l-o-n-g gap between booking ... and packing ;) .

I know one day the glossy booklet will vanish (like the "leather" ticket wallets of old; got a collection of them :) ). But while they're still sending them out, I am grateful to receive.

Like you, I avoid clicking anything that may mean they don't send one to me.

Edited by pepperrn

Yes, in the past, my booklets have also been mailed from Southampton. But when my current booklet arrived about a week ago, it was in an envelope from the travel agency, mailed in the US.

Does everyone get a pre cruise booklet? Im on 5 Nov TA, booked cunard fare, but not received anything? Is it to do with status (we are gold). I keep seeing these on other social media, and wondered where these came from. Or perhaps they don't do them for TA's?

I have received them for my TAs in 2015 and 2016 with luggage labels, details of dress codes and so on.

M-AR

Yes, in the past, my booklets have also been mailed from Southampton. But when my current booklet arrived about a week ago, it was in an envelope from the travel agency, mailed in the US.

It wasn't in the Tyvek envelope they've come in in the past (just a normal paper envelope), but this week's delivery was still from Southampton.

We got our pre-cruise booklet for our Christmas cruise today. Have they stopped putting luggage tags in the back of the book altogether?

This is the first time we've booked a Guarantee so I'm not sure whether the changes I'm seeing in this edition are due to that or just more corner-cutting.

In the long run it doesn't matter since I usually print off tags from the Voyage Personaliser. Just curious

The luggage tags are not included because your cabin is not assigned yet. I had to download and print mine when I was assigned my cabin. About 3 weeks before the cruise.

For our recent Quebec - New York voyage we did not receive the usual booklet for the first time. Our friend did not receive it either. This same friend did a crossing in August and he did receive the booklet.

On two occasions a few years ago when we booked a guarantee there were luggage tags in the back of the booklet. We just added the stateroom number when it was assigned a fortnight before departure. Perhaps that has changed.

It wasn't in the Tyvek envelope they've come in in the past (just a normal paper envelope), but this week's delivery was still from Southampton.

Interesting. I wonder what accounts for the difference in post marks? Not that important, I suppose, but it's been awhile since I received Royal Mail :(

I've received the booklet for crossings in the past (unless I've booked very close to sailing date when, understandably, they've not sent one to me)

I agree with you, receiving and reading the glossy booklet helps fill the l-o-n-g gap between booking ... and packing ;) .

I know one day the glossy booklet will vanish (like the "leather" ticket wallets of old; got a collection of them :) ). But while they're still sending them out, I am grateful to receive.

Like you, I avoid clicking anything that may mean they don't send one to me.

Yes to everything you said! (including the collection of ticket wallets) Even if I have already booked my tours, getting that pre-cruise booklet makes the trip seem more real.

I'm on the Christmas cruise and didn't get my booklet yet. Come on post office, I need a cruise fix!!!!!!

Yes they do them for TA's , however I can see no point in them. They have just the same information at whats on your personlizer. If your stateroom has not been assigned they do not include luggage labels.