Trays in King's Court?

Ryancoke

Is it true they don't have them anymore? If they don't I might pack my own. And a few dozen to sell or lease. $5/ day.

I think the idea is that trays can't be properly sanitized at the current budget, hence the risk of nasty virus thingies being transferred from hither to yon. As if the rest of the buffet area and tables are sanitized. If you bring your own tray, make sure your scrub it down with a bleach solution after each and every trip to the buffet. (Sorry, I know that is not a charming thought.)

There are still plenty of trays, for blocking off drinks stations or out-of-use salad bars. Where you won't see them is in a stack for customer use. I suppose you could help yourself to one of the barricade ones. Hadn't thought of that until now...

I haven't seen the scullery for Kings Court but probably the dishwashing machines were sized to accommodate a rack of cafeteria trays. More time than labor involved in washing and sanitizing them.

I think the idea is that trays can't be properly sanitized at the current budget, hence the risk of nasty virus thingies being transferred from hither to yon. As if the rest of the buffet area and tables are sanitized. If you bring your own tray, make sure your scrub it down with a bleach solution after each and every trip to the buffet. (Sorry, I know that is not a charming thought.)

It's not the trays, it's the grubby sticky fingers that pick the food ip then then put it back that bothers me.

David.

It's impossible to carry everything without a tray. My tray would be full at breakfast with:

- 2 glasses of iced water

- 1 cup of coffee

- a bowl of fruit

- a small plate with a slice of banana bread

- cutlery

You can picture how many trips backwards and forwards I had to make on QM2 recently without a tray. If I could not get a seat near the food and drink, I ended up dehydrated.

Bring back the trays!

QM2 westbound 15 December, no trays at breakfast & lunch in King's Court. I asked the servers at the head of the lines policing the plates and utensils, was told it was

"a test" and in a few weeks the company would assess passenger feedback. Trays night return, might not. Asked Purser about no trays, was told the same "a test" story. No speculation cutting trays will cut costs re storage, cleanup, food consumption, but so it could be. We may have seen the end of buffet trays. I've people on the eastbound now, have asked them to go check.

QM2 westbound 15 December, no trays at breakfast & lunch in King's Court. I asked the servers at the head of the lines policing the plates and utensils, was told it was

"a test" and in a few weeks the company would assess passenger feedback. Trays night return, might not. Asked Purser about no trays, was told the same "a test" story. No speculation cutting trays will cut costs re storage, cleanup, food consumption, but so it could be. We may have seen the end of buffet trays. I've people on the eastbound now, have asked them to go check.

Hello Ab Ovo,

On board now; I've seen many older people struggling to carry liquids (soup, tea, etc.) without spilling some on the floor, and there have been more instances of dropped crockery especially since we've had rough seas. I think that whomever decided to conduct this 'test' needs a reality check.

Trays removed from QM2 Kings Court to bring in line with P&O we were told! People eating too much. Easily solved as we both bought smallish, lightweight trays at a port during the voyage which we will now take with us on all future voyages. I would advise all passengers to do the same! Saw many people struggling with hot plates, cups etc now there are no trays. Many people pretty angry! The food in KC was dire anyway, as was the service. Cold food, inedible. We only use for drinks and maybe a snack. In the past the trays were very large, maybe Cunard (Carnival) should issue small trays to help people carry more than one plate and one drink max? Cunard should stop advertising "White Star Service" as this is now, in the main, a myth. What a shame to see such bad standards on such a gorgeous ship.

There is a sign in the buffet asking people not to take their own containers to fill at the drinks machines. This is because they could contain germs. So they might apply the same rules to taking your own trays as the ones they used to supply would have been sanitised.

We've always found food in Kings Court to be satisfactory. But I agree there should be some sort of trays supplied and smaller ones as you suggest would be a good idea.

Drinks containers being used can result in the mouth-pieces of these containers touching, and therefore potentially contaminating, the dispensers. This doesn't apply to trays. Chairs, tables, any walking sticks, walking aids, mobility scooters, clothing, handbags, children's toys, daily newspaper, I-pads etc could all be said to be a risk.

Edited by rocksandroller

It is a trial in response to passenger comments on the questionnaire regarding lengthy lines at the various stations, it will continue for a while and management are monitoring it apparently.

... and the result will be that most probably the lines are shorter but altogether it will take longer.

JE SUIS CHARLIE