So excited!

ab fab

Hi everyone,

Really looking forward to transatlantic departing from Southampton on 15th December. Sadly I have to fly back to UK on 22nd December (late evening)

Any ideas on itinerary for a day in New York and where to store luggage?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hi everyone,

Sadly I have to fly back to UK on 22nd December (late evening)

Any ideas on itinerary for a day in New York and where to store luggage?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Usually those departing the ship have arrangements personally or thru Cunard to the local homes, hotels/lodging or to airports for flights.

I do not remember anyone separating from the ship take arranged tours thru line of the city nor allowed to leave luggage aside in the pier for personal tours or shopping.

I think you need to investigate different ideas of spending time around the city before departing for the airport.

Wish you good luck and find time to see this wonderful city...

Edited by BklynBoy8

Hi everyone, Really looking forward to transatlantic departing from Southampton on 15th December. Sadly I have to fly back to UK on 22nd December (late evening) Any ideas on itinerary for a day in New York and where to store luggage? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Hi ab fab

Have you an arranged Cunard transfer? Or did you book "Voyage Only" and arrange your own flights back to the UK?

A. If your flight back was booked through Cunard then your VP & paperwork should specify that the coach transfer to the airport is included. Your luggage stays securely on the coach.

B. If you booked voyage only (and arranged your own flight) then you'll be on your own (with luggage) for the day and will have to arrange your own transport to the aiport.

I've done "A" several times, usually after the December 15th crossing (which I've done in previous years), I can give you an idea of a typical day with Cunard arranged coach transfers, if you confirm which you're doing, A or B.

Hope this helps, have the most wonderful time on board QM2 :)

We have taken a cab for the ship and stored our luggage at Schwartz on 37th street. (http://www.schwartztravel.com/_index.php) after 2 crossings. They have also set up a limo to take us to the airport when we are ready to leave, and it cost about the same as a regular taxi and was easier than lugging the bags into the street and trying to hail a taxi.

We thought they looked a bit dodgy, but they have always taken good care of our stuff, and we will certainly use them again.

We are also very excited to be on that crossing.

Safarigirl please can you give me the contact details for the limo company? We need to book transport to midtown for a family of 4 with lots of luggage.

We have used Carmel on several occasions, and have always found them to be reliable, but not cheap! I like the peace of mind that everything is taken care of in advance, especially as landing in New York is quite a shock to the system after 7 days of blissful peace and luxury.

Their website is https://www.carmellimo.com.

Have a wonderful crossing, and enjoy QM2 :)