Repositioning Cruise coach to Southampton.

mklions

Hi all fellow shipmates.

We are sailing on the Britannia on its maiden transatlantic cruise to the Caribbean on 23rd October, flying back into Birmingham airport at the end of our cruise.

We are travelling by train from Milton keynes to Birmingham airport at the start of our cruise to pick up the P&O coach to take us directly to Southampton but cannot find any info on our cruise personaliser about our pick up point or time of pick up. .:confused:

I would like to book our train tickets in advance to get the best prices.

I have emailed out TA but she is of until next Tuesday so i thought I would look to the forum for help

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks .:)

MKLIONS.

Not sure about Birmingham but Manchester coaches leave from 8 am. We had to sign in at the coach station and were given lettered tickets. We were on the first coach, they filled this one then loaded pax with B tickets.

We arrived at about 7:30 am and there was a queue at that time.

Sue

We did one in March and were not told about the free bus, P&O refund our Eavesway fare without any quibble, they told us we should have been given a code and how to book with inter cruises..give them a call and find out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Jason12

Hi we are getting the coach in Birmingham if you go on P&O cruise personalize and look under itinerary it says Birmingham main terminal ours said 8.30 second coach your might say different Ta didn't say anything a ticket will phone him tomorrow will post if I find anything out

Hi Jason12.

Our cruise personaliser says the following:-

30 October All Passengers MANCHESTER AIRPORT TO PORT

Your complimentary coach transfer from Manchester Airport to Southampton Port will depart from the Manchester Airport coach station "The Station", located outside the train station, in-between terminals 1 and 2 at 07:00.

We were not told we needed a code or that we needed to ring Intercruises, then again the P&O agent didnt know we got a free coach transfer on a Transatlantic crossing 😧

Do you think we need to ring P&O back ?

Thanks in advance

Sue

If you have that in your personaliser then all should be fine.

To much conflicting info from P&O advisors these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. Our etickets should be available soon so as long as coach is mentioned on there I wont bother ringing them, too much time spent on hold these days.

Sue

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Fellow cruisers,

I have just found out that P&O have changed my coach time to Southampton from 8.30 to 10.30 for our forthcoming transatlantic cruise on Britannia.

I booked our train to get us to Birmingham airport (where the coach leaves from) a few weeks ago and now find due to the change in coach times that we will be hanging around Birmingham airport for over three hours.:(

We cannot change our train tickets as they are only valid on the train we originally selected.

Is there anyway of contacting P&O to see if we can get on our original coach?,as I don't want to be hanging around Birmingham airport for so long, prior to a long coach journey to Southampton.

Any suggestions?.

Many thanks,

Mklions..

P&O have also changed our time from 7.00 to 8.30 from Manchester but we are still on the first coach. All coaches now leave much later to tie in with the new embarkation procedure. They now want you at the cruise terminal much later so that cabins will be ready.

There may not be an earlier coach to change to, you may still be one of the first.

Not sure about Birmingham but Manchester coaches leave from 8 am. We had to sign in at the coach station and were given lettered tickets. We were on the first coach, they filled this one then loaded pax with B tickets.

We arrived at about 7:30 am and there was a queue at that time.

Sue

Hi

Can you clarify the procedure at Manchester Airport please.

We have been assured we are on the first coach at 8.30, are you saying if people on later coaches turn up early they will be given a card based on their arrival time ?

Does this mean that someone may get our places on the first coach and we will be bumped to a later one ?

TIA

The driver does not have a manifest for each coach. My experience is that they load each coach as and when people arrive and once loaded off it goes.

Brian

Thank you Brian.

I suspected that despite reassurances from P&O that we would be on the first coach. I will make sure we are there well before 8.30 😉

What I am slightly worried about is that P&O have changed everybodies time by 1 1/2 to 2 hours but they have not advised anybody 😨

I only found out by chance when checking something else in my cruise personaliser. If lots of people turn up at their original early time they will get on the first coaches and those of us that turn up at the new time will have to wait. I have spoken to P&O over a week ago and asked them to let people know but they have done nothing 😕

Sue