Britannia embarkation

lydwrd

We are sailing from Southampton on Britannia soon. To date we have not had an embarkation time. As we live in Scotland we had to book an early flight down.

Will we be able to get on board early as we understand P & O are being strict about times.

The situation is that you turn up at the terminal as and when you happen to arrive and hand the ladies your e-tickets for inspection which show a specific check in time. If your documents show a time which is the same as the time of day which it actually is you will be invited to check in more or less immediately. If however your documents show a time much later in the day then they will give you a plastic code letter A - Z. Check in followed by boarding will take place in alphabetical order and the current letter of people checking in will be shown on a big TV screen. Say the current letter was an "H" then you will get a letter after that. They have huge discretion on giving you an I,J,K right up to Z. My advice is be calm, and politely explain gently you have come off a flight and that's why you are there now and I believe you will get a reasonable letter allocated. If your e-ticket does not state a check in time you simply cannot gauge whether you are early or late so just continue anyway.

There is a drinks and light refreshments bar in the terminal as well as toilet facilities. Hopefully things go well but if not it is simply a longer wait to some extent.

Regards John

Edited by john watson