New Embarkation Process .... Not a time related question !!!

Big Foot

All,

I know there is a long running discussion on the new embarkation process regarding boarding times etc which I have been following with interest.

As this question doesn't relate specifically to the time I embark, more about the process thereafter, I thought I'd start a new thread.

OK here goes ....

I've arrived at Southampton & boarded the ship at midday, 12.30pm, 1pm etc what happens next under the new process?

Can I go straight to my cabin now or do I have to wait for the usual announcement?

For those passengers who have booked a suite, will these now be ready at midday (the normal boarding time for suite guests) or again do you have to wait for an announcement?

Just interested to see how the new process is working / will work.

Joan

It has been the policy by Princess for a while that immediately you embarked your cabin was available straight away and then you had the choice of lunch in buffet restaurant or a waiter served lunch in one of the MDR. For those in higher tiers of loyalty club there is no time on your e-ticket just PRIORITY BOARDING you were then directed to a specified area in terminal where snacks and hot/cold drinks are available and then soon as the ship is available to embark these are first to be called. Why P&O cannot follow the same procedure I do not know because it seems to work very well.

It has been the policy by Princess for a while that immediately you embarked your cabin was available straight away and then you had the choice of lunch in buffet restaurant or a waiter served lunch in one of the MDR. For those in higher tiers of loyalty club there is no time on your e-ticket just PRIORITY BOARDING you were then directed to a specified area in terminal where snacks and hot/cold drinks are available and then soon as the ship is available to embark these are first to be called. Why P&O cannot follow the same procedure I do not know because it seems to work very well.

Worked well for us on RCI too. Slight 10 minute wait in a queue to check in but then straight on the ship.

Or something linked to a Select Fare -------- I will keep saying it and hope that someone out there in P&O Land listens...:D Sorry couldn't resist commenting yet again .... I really do need to get a life ;);)

Or something linked to a Select Fare -------- I will keep saying it and hope that someone out there in P&O Land listens...:D Sorry couldn't resist commenting yet again .... I really do need to get a life ;);)

I totally agree. I have had my select cruise booked since they came out and will have savers on board long before me. Don't get me wrong I am not having a go at savers as I have done quite a few of these and planning to do another one next summer when I would accept these conditions for a much reduced rate but not for a full price.:mad:

I totally agree. I have had my select cruise booked since they came out and will have savers on board long before me. Don't get me wrong I am not having a go at savers as I have done quite a few of these and planning to do another one next summer when I would accept these conditions for a much reduced rate but not for a full price.:mad:

Had to phone P&O again, this time to book our airport coaches , once sorted

I was asked anything else they could do for me whilst on the phone?

So I asked about the new boarding and gave him my thoughts on booking a 2016/17 select price cruise months ago .

Should we be down to pot luck timing the same as lets say a last two week booker of the cheapest cabin going ?

His opinion was " it's a new system and he is sure it will get tweaked a few times to get it fair for all passengers and advises people

coming back from cruises to make their feelings known through the feed back forms or as I have done and tell them whilst in contact with them.":)

Edited by kalos

Had to phone P&O again, this time to book our airport coaches , once sorted

I was asked anything else they could do for me whilst on the phone?

So I asked about the new boarding and gave him my thoughts on booking a 2016/17 select price cruise months ago .

Should we be down to pot luck timing the same as lets say a last two week booker of the cheapest cabin going ?

His opinion was " it's a new system and he is sure it will get tweaked a few times to get it fair for all passengers and advises people

coming back from cruises to make their feelings known through the feed back forms or as I have done and tell them whilst in contact with them.":)

Thanks for that information Kalos:)

Thanks for that information Kalos:)

Thanks for that - am not sure how to do that now that we are home. Having said that, our next cruise is a fly / cruise so no worries. Perhaps we can mention it then

Not sure if anyone from P&O read this forum

OP'squestion refers to suite level.

They tend to board from 12, and you eat lunch with the high loyalty tiers. Cabins are usually announced as being ready from about 1pm. I would imagine this will be remaining the same.

They will still need time to prepare the cabin from the previous cruise, so I cannot really see they can do it earlier than 1pm.

Thanks for that - am not sure how to do that now that we are home. Having said that, our next cruise is a fly / cruise so no worries. Perhaps we can mention it then

Not sure if anyone from P&O read this forum

There have been 130 comments on the P and O facebook page which P and O have responded to.