Door Decorations

cruisnhillbilly

Does anyone have pictures or suggestions for cabin door decoration. my wife and i thought we might make one for this cruise, she is a big scrapbooker and thought this might be another fun thing to do while waiting for our cruise to get here. also ways of hanging them.

On our last cruise our travel partners took a grass skirt type table dressing, paper palm trees, beach stuff etc... as well as a dry erase board that they hung on their door. the tropical theme fit right in and they were rewarded with not only lots of wonderful tidbits on thier whiteboard from fellow passengers, but also with a ship on a stick!

Here's what "we" did....to represent all three women in the suite. I say "we" lightly, because "they" actually did it.....I'm not crafty :p If was done with scrapbooking supplies, and represents CrimsonQueen, Susan BluDress and Sandals :) And, the name of our Roll Call was "Liberty Tides" :)

DoorSign1-1.jpg?t=1337038442

We decorated our door on our last two cruises....it is a fun way to find your cabin after a long day of too many drinks of the day :eek: it is a fun way to show your personality as well

CarnivalLegendVacation-2011031.jpg

this was on our christmas cruise last year on the Carnival Legend

P1010994.jpg

this was for our cruise in March on the Carnival Fantasy. We started our cruise on St. Patricks Day

We bought a foam wreath, a door hanger, and bought those paper umbrellas and we are going to open them and stick them on the wreath til it is full and hang it on our door this Saturday. If I think of it (and if we get our luggage before we sail I can post a picture of it.:)

Thats cool "i would use the word adorable but guys aren't suppose to use those girly words. lol"

has anyone had problems with anyone vandalizing their decorations

What are this called door hanging?:cool:

Yes had a giant bra stolen off my brothers door! We added things to his door each night after going to bed.

The first night we put a for sale sign on his door selling his truck

The second night we put a sign and picture for free hound dog puppies

The third night we put a Room for rent by the hour sign up

The fourth night we put a letter from Betty Lou Grit kisser and a giant bra on his door handle

The fifth night we put a Room party sign up offering free drinks and fried turkey

The sixth night we put a Everything has to go sale to include the bed, tv, ect.

People loved it and would come by to see what was new and take photos. The bra disapeared a night or two later and was spotted on other stateroom doors. Was pretty funny

:p

cruise_pirate you sure your not related to me:D sound like family to me.

we love to geocache "treasure hunt" and was trying to figure out a way to put one on the door but i don't know of a way to get the word out, oh well.:cool:

Could be, I spent 11 years in the Redneck Riveria....:)

I am also a scrapbooker...just made our door sign for our cruise this Sunday... I went to Hobby Lobby and got a pack of Tropical Decorations (palm tree, beach ball, sun glasses, flip flops) big pack in the party section for $2.99...

Then I got online and printed our names big and bold with Flamingos, Dolphins, Sea Turles beside them...

Then I scrapbooked a little HOME SWEET HOME sign...nothing major but colorful and fun!

After I put it on the door I will take a photo!!

cruise pirate - your 6 nights of door decor is hilarious. Wish I could've thought of something crazy like that.I am just a boring redneck from KS

So I found a door "cling" in the shape of a cruiseship. I will put up a tropical background w/ship on top. Thought I'd add a few other personal touches.

I love all these ideas. Wrigley80: great door decorating. And of course the one from the Legend cruise is the best cause I was there to see it in person.:D

We usually bring gel/cling decorations based on the season, holiday or tropical theme depending on the time of year that we cruise.

And yes, we have had them taken. In fact, we usually end up decorating the other doors in our hallway. I used to get upset that folks would take "our stuff". Now I figure I will share with others.

We bought a foam wreath, a door hanger, and bought those paper umbrellas and we are going to open them and stick them on the wreath til it is full and hang it on our door this Saturday. If I think of it (and if we get our luggage before we sail I can post a picture of it.:)

Cruisepirate: That is a fun idea! I like the thought of using the drink umbrellas.

Does anyone have pictures or suggestions for cabin door decoration. my wife and i thought we might make one for this cruise, she is a big scrapbooker and thought this might be another fun thing to do while waiting for our cruise to get here. also ways of hanging them.

I always scrapbook my cruises, so I make a 12x12 page and mat it on poster board, put it on my cabin door and after the cruise I cut away the poster board mat and add it to my scrapbook of that cruise.

020691affeccbe40b27e856750038f7c.jpg

Archived