Helmet dive

TheTruth79

We did the helmet dive in st Thomas at coral world. We LOVED it! Get the earliest one possible, spend time at Coral World, which is super fun and then wander over to Coki beach right next door and spend the rest of your day there. It ranks up as one of our favorite port days ever.

We did a helmet dive in Bermuda -- it was was just OK. It was still a little cool and there weren't nearly as many tropical fish there as there would be at St. Thomas. The tour operator showed us a few fish that were hanging around (looked like they were very used to getting fed by him).

I'm sure it would be much nicer at St. Thomas.

Thanks for the reply! Looks like I might have to do it. It really seems like a cool thing to do. I have never snorkeled or done scuba. I thought this might be a fun in between thing to do.

If you have never snorkeled, you may feel uncomfortable for the first few minutes. Breathing will feel a bit odd, but just relax and focus on following the instructions and looking at the sea creatures. In a few minutes, you will feel fine and love the experience. Have fun!

• 3 months later...

I think you may be on the same Epic cruse as my family on 12/10.

We did the Sea Trek helmet dive in Cozumel 2 years ago. We (two 40+ adults and two teenagers) all loved it. :D

Walking around on the sea floor checking out the fish and other things was so much fun. My wife & I brought our waterproof cameras with us and took video and photos of the entire thing.

I've tried scuba, and I have a problem with it because I'm a nose breather, not a mouth breather. The helmet dive was perfect for me because you can breathe however you do normally.

If you have any questions ask away!

I think you may be on the same Epic cruse as my family on 12/10.

We did the Sea Trek helmet dive in Cozumel 2 years ago. We (two 40+ adults and two teenagers) all loved it. :D

Walking around on the sea floor checking out the fish and other things was so much fun. My wife & I brought our waterproof cameras with us and took video and photos of the entire thing.

I've tried scuba, and I have a problem with it because I'm a nose breather, not a mouth breather. The helmet dive was perfect for me because you can breathe however you do normally.

If you have any questions ask away!

YES! I'll be on the Norwegian Epic on December 10th... So excited! about two months away!

How cool!!

Truth,

Don't know if you have seen this. Here is a link to Coral Worlds website, if you drag down there is a video of the helmet dive at St THomas, it will give you a good idea of what it is like.

https://coralworldvi.com/activities/sea-trek/

We did it a couple years ago, and really enjoyed it.