El Cheapo Cruises Thread

What is EOTS?

Sorry, I shouldn't use acronyms all the time. RCI have 'of the seas' in the name of their ships. If you just use the beginning like Voyager or Explorer then it may get confused with another cruise lines ship. Hence the use of EOTS or VOTS (Voyager) or even OOTS (Ovation) for the ships coming to Australia.

If anybody is interested in Med cruises for next year, HAL seem to have a few reasonable prices at the moment. We have been watching pricing for a few months, and haven't been able to find anything under $300 per day for a balcony.

It is not posted on the HAL website, but some online TA's have a 24 day Med, departing Venice on 23 May 2017 for $4,971pp in a balcony cabin (same cruise is over $7k on the HAL site). You need to look around because not many of them offer this price, but there are a couple offering it.

If anybody is interested in Med cruises for next year, HAL seem to have a few reasonable prices at the moment. We have been watching pricing for a few months, and haven't been able to find anything under $300 per day for a balcony.

It is not posted on the HAL website, but some online TA's have a 24 day Med, departing Venice on 23 May 2017 for $4,971pp in a balcony cabin (same cruise is over $7k on the HAL site). You need to look around because not many of them offer this price, but there are a couple offering it.

I suggest you look further afield...I just got back from Celebrity Reflection Med cruise..10 days $1300 Aussie balcony including free drinks and $300 Obc.

Med cruises aren't selling well...Hal at $300 per day is a joke.

I suggest you look further afield...I just got back from Celebrity Reflection Med cruise..10 days $1300 Aussie balcony including free drinks and $300 Obc.

Med cruises aren't selling well...Hal at $300 per day is a joke.

Its HAL at around $200pd. I would happily take any advice that you could provide to find Celeb at that price for next May/June. I can't find the Celeb 10-12d cruises, or the Princess 21d cruises below $300pd for a balcony. And they have been holding at that level for the last couple of months.

Its HAL at around $200pd. I would happily take any advice that you could provide to find Celeb at that price for next May/June. I can't find the Celeb 10-12d cruises, or the Princess 21d cruises below $300pd for a balcony. And they have been holding at that level for the last couple of months.

Cheapest Celebrity at present appears to be Equinox, 30 May @ $266/day. Some go up to $400, so no bargains there.

INTERIOR TO BALCONY FREE UPGRADE!

Cunard WC sectors on QV and QE..are offering a sale for the next week ,,

book interior and get a balcony.:)plus OBC.

Lots of sales on at the moment, some good some not so good. The NCL cruises look like a few are not too bad with 3 for free being offered, which will make them more competitive.

Some are just Clayton's sales. They put the price up then offer OBC etc.

I don't see reduced deposits as an incentive especially for last minute cruises. After all you have to pay the full fare in the end.

It pays to lookup a cruise you are interested in on Cruise Critic and select the option to be notified if the price drops. Over the weekend I received an email from Cruise Critic advising that the cruise I was interested in had dropped by 26%. I checked the two TAs I was monitoring and their online prices hadn't changed then I checked the Princess website. Logged in to my account first then selected the cruise and the price was about $380pp less for a balcony cabin. I waited until today and phoned one of the TAs to check their price and it was still the same but included $285 OBC per stateroom which we didn't get from Princess but they were $760 less. I then went to the Princess website and made the booking and used my FCC for the deposit. We'll get US$100 OBC from the FCC plus another $100 Stockholders OBC. I've received email confirmation of my booking and deposit and a booking number so I guess it wasn't an error or they haven't realised it yet.

By the way I made sure it was in AU$ and the booking receipt shows the balance in AU$.

Now to find some cheap fares and accommodation in Singapore.

If anyone is interested it is a 10 day Asian cruise starting and ending in Singapore on 29th November and the balcony was $1394pp.

Singapore-Fremantle

27 August 2016

14 Nights

Dawn Princess

Twin From $1121.07 pp (inside)

Quad From $1261 pp

Fremantle-Singapore

14 September 2016

12 Nights

Sea Princess

Twin From $1139 pp (inside)

Quad From $1121 pp

For a real cheap cruises this July from Hong Kong return 4 nights or 5 nights with RCI Voyager of the Seas 4 nights balcony $A342 and suite $348 That is $A87 per night for suite. Visit Sanya and Vietnam. Even better 5 nights $327 for balcony and $A335 for suite. That is $A67 per night for suite. Visiting Vietnam ports. This is real El Cheapo offers but you have to be there to take it.

For a real cheap cruises this July from Hong Kong return 4 nights or 5 nights with RCI Voyager of the Seas 4 nights balcony $A342 and suite $348 That is $A87 per night for suite. Visit Sanya and Vietnam. Even better 5 nights $327 for balcony and $A335 for suite. That is $A67 per night for suite. Visiting Vietnam ports. This is real El Cheapo offers but you have to be there to take it.

WOW......that is good. I just checked a great OZ site I use and the prices are even cheaper than what you quoted!!! (5 night is $A325 per person for the Junior Suite on the 26/7 cruise).

12 April 2017 Emerald Princess. 29 nights Sydney to LA

-via NZ ,Pago Pago, Tahiti and Hawaii

includes a one way air fare back to Australia

from just $4,699 per person twin share.

Edited by Kiwi Kruzer