Aurora

kiltyjock

:cool:Hi has anyone sailed on the Aurora since her refit?

We are doing the Baltic on her in July, have only the Ventura to measure against as we did the Med 2 years ago on her.

Would be grateful for any thoughts, info we may find useful

Only 5 weeks and Counting

Thanks

KJ

Yep, she's fine. I did the Grand Voyage and all through that they were still replacing cabin carpets and reupholstering cabin seats.

Some of the changes seem a little odd, for instance, they've changed Cafe Bordeaux to the Glasshouse, but retained all the old French bistro type pictures on the wall. Also the transfer on the front starboard side seems to keep flaking off! The old library is now Sindhu (excellent food), and the jgsaw puzzles that were in the old library are now on the dance floor in the Crow's Nest, go figure. They also seem to have stopped most of the corridor leaks, I can't recall seeing a bucket at all. They've improved the Orangerie (now called the Horizon), and the Sidewalk Cafe is now the Lido Grill, which isn't an improvement as it's now grab and go and that doesn't really work for burgers and hot dogs

All in all I thought she was OK.

Yep, she's fine. I did the Grand Voyage and all through that they were still replacing cabin carpets and reupholstering cabin seats.

Some of the changes seem a little odd, for instance, they've changed Cafe Bordeaux to the Glasshouse, but retained all the old French bistro type pictures on the wall. Also the transfer on the front starboard side seems to keep flaking off! The old library is now Sindhu (excellent food), and the jgsaw puzzles that were in the old library are now on the dance floor in the Crow's Nest, go figure. They also seem to have stopped most of the corridor leaks, I can't recall seeing a bucket at all. They've improved the Orangerie (now called the Horizon), and the Sidewalk Cafe is now the Lido Grill, which isn't an improvement as it's now grab and go and that doesn't really work for burgers and hot dogs

All in all I thought she was OK.

Hi, M.

I take it you cannot now get breakfast in the glass house as you could in Cafe B.

How are you by the way

Dai

Hi, M.

I take it you cannot now get breakfast in the glass house as you could in Cafe B.

How are you by the way

Dai

Yes you can although you won't find it advertised in Horizon. Strangely they serve the old Cafe Bordeaux breakfast menu. Lovely eggs benedict with smoked salmon. The head waiter said it was not in Horizon as they did not want to get swamped. Keep it quiet.

Brian

Yes you can although you won't find it advertised in Horizon. Strangely they serve the old Cafe Bordeaux breakfast menu. Lovely eggs benedict with smoked salmon. The head waiter said it was not in Horizon as they did not want to get swamped. Keep it quiet.

Brian

Brian my lips are sealed ....... This message will self destruct in 10 seconds. :) :).

BrianI said it for me! Not sure if it's open all the time or was just on the grand voyage. Lot's of people complained it wasn't open and they relented a week or so in. It wasn't open whenever the Norovirs lockdown was on.