Reviews - any way of commenting?

Mysticalmother

I have just read a review by a member ( who has apparently never posted on the forum before) about the cruise on Azura which I have just been on, and whilst I do appreciate people are entitled to their own opinion and may have had differing experiences , I cannot recognise most of the factual comments he has made about this cruise. For example he says there was no hot water or soap in the public toilets. It occurs to me that he may not have worked out how to turn the temperature of the taps up, or how to work the auto soap dispensers.....:confused: - there was certainly no lack of hot water or soap that I ever encountered, other than once when the soap had run out on one sink. I reported it and the next day it was working again.

There does not appear to be any way of commenting on a review . Is there? Does anyone know?

I have already submitted a review myself which hasn't been published (to date) but I'm afraid I didn't mention such things as that as I didn't feel the need to!

I have just read a review by a member ( who has apparently never posted on the forum before) about the cruise on Azura which I have just been on, and whilst I do appreciate people are entitled to their own opinion and may have had differing experiences , I cannot recognise most of the factual comments he has made about this cruise. For example he says there was no hot water or soap in the public toilets. It occurs to me that he may not have worked out how to turn the temperature of the taps up, or how to work the auto soap dispensers.....:confused: - there was certainly no lack of hot water or soap that I ever encountered, other than once when the soap had run out on one sink. I reported it and the next day it was working again.

There does not appear to be any way of commenting on a review . Is there? Does anyone know?

I have already submitted a review myself which hasn't been published (to date) but I'm afraid I didn't mention such things as that as I didn't feel the need to!

If you mean the reviews on the review section of cruisecritic rather than on this forum then there isnt a facility to comment, unlike the other major cruise site with reviews.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi MM, not long to the cruise now.

No there is no way of commenting on the reviews on the CC site, mores the pity.

I have read things in the past and I thought , well if I read that and believed it I would not book a cruise with them! This applies to reviews for other lines as well as P and O.

• 4 weeks later...

I really wish I could comment too- just read a review which was very informative for first time cruisers but said that Freedom diners had a buffet for their dining!!

Edited by P&O SUE

This has been considered but CC want their reviewers to feel free to post their reviews as they see it - without long streams of comments - for or against.

I can see their point because I've seen other sites where the comments are quite abusive! Shame when you see something so obviously wrong like I did though!

Thanks for asking Sharon.

So in effect you can put a review on CruiseCritic and put complete and utter hogwash and there is no way to challenge that review. Fair enough everybody has a right to their own opinions but if something is completely factually wrong therefore giving new cruisers or cruisers to that particular ship the wrong infornmation I dont see that as a valid review.

So in effect you can put a review on CruiseCritic and put complete and utter hogwash and there is no way to challenge that review. Fair enough everybody has a right to their own opinions but if something is completely factually wrong therefore giving new cruisers or cruisers to that particular ship the wrong infornmation I dont see that as a valid review.

I would not be surprised to find that people are paid to write 'reviews' either for or against a particular cruise line. As reported recently, it happens in other industries :eek:

I would not be surprised to find that people are paid to write 'reviews' either for or against a particular cruise line. As reported recently, it happens in other industries :eek:

I am absolutely sure that's true or if not paid offered significant inducements such as discounts, upgrades or free cruises. I have had my eye on one such "reviewer" for some time.

At least you got your review to first base. Mine just 'disappeared' after taking a lot of time and effort it was such a waste of time.

Have sat this evening and written another and used copy and paste so I get to keep my hard copy on the PC.

Wish I had the advice from Cruise critic before I lost my review.

Internet can be fickle sometimes ...take heed.

My review is personal and is my experience of the cruise. This will be a very different experience to other passengers on the same ship and sailing.

The review was based on my experience of previous cruises and how this one compared. A first time cruiser is going to have a totally different experience.

Seapals2 - I always write my reviews in Word first and save them before cutting and pasting to any review site. It saves a lot of anguish! And before anyone asks - no - I am certainly not paid or incentivised to comment - I wish!!

It would help if the advice to copy and paste came up with the pop up window asking members to write reviews.

Even now I am not sure if the first review is in the pipe line ... I didn't receive an email as suggested by cruise critic to confirm it had been received. But having done a second review and submitted that one I haven't had a conformation the second time either although it did say a thank you on the screen.

It would be far better if reviews were submitted by email and an auto reply generated. That way we can be sure that it has been received and also keep a copy of the review in a sent folder.

There seems to be quite a delay between submitting a review and it going into print. Does cruise critic verify each review is from a genuine passenger who has sailed on the particular cruise ship in question?