Airport check-in vs. at the port

apey9995

So we will be arriving same-day for a future carnival cruise (I know, I know... not the best idea, but flying in early wasn't an option for us, so we will just hope for the best)... I am debating whether we should check-in at the Miami airport, or just go straight to the port to check-in. Which would be better? If anyone has experience with the check-in service at the airport, please share!

I'm thinking I'll probably just eye-ball the line at the airport and decide from there, but any advice would be appreciated! We won't be using a carnival transfer, either a cab or uber to get to the port. We arrive at 11:30 and have selected the 12:00 - 12:30 check in time at the port.

Personally, I would rather get to the port asap and then check in. That way you're on property sooner. I thought you ha to use the Carnival Transfer to check in at the airport.

I prefer checking in at the port, but if the lines aren't long, then it's all the same. No you do not have to take a Carnival transfer to check in at the airport. I have done it and have never taken a transfer. They don't even ask.

It's been a while since I've used MIA airport check in, but I preferred it over the seaport checkin.

I generally travel with just 1 carry on bag and arrange my flight to arrive at MIA around 10AM. I use the priority line and since I don't waste time at the carousel waiting for checked baggage, I was able to walk right up to the counter.

I've cabbed it to the sea port, waited in the priority lounge to be called for boarding, and have been unpacked and had lunch on Lido between 11:30 and noon.

I'm wondering if regular cruisers will be able to use the MIA airport checkin when assigned staggered checkin comes to MIA if their plane arrives before their allotted time window?

It's been a while since I've used MIA airport check in, but I preferred it over the seaport checkin.

I generally travel with just 1 carry on bag and arrange my flight to arrive at MIA around 10AM. I use the priority line and since I don't waste time at the carousel waiting for checked baggage, I was able to walk right up to the counter.

I've cabbed it to the sea port, waited in the priority lounge to be called for boarding, and have been unpacked and had lunch on Lido between 11:30 and noon.

I'm wondering if regular cruisers will be able to use the MIA airport checkin when assigned staggered checkin comes to MIA if their plane arrives before their allotted time window?

Thanks for the info... we are also planning to just have carry-ons, so hopefully it will be a smooth process. I'm also wondering if the staggered check in time will affect the airport check in.

On the Glory last month we had an early check in assigned time, I think 10:30 - 11. Remember that is only the check in but it should get you an early boarding zone. But at the airport you can check in whenever you want, no matter what your assigned time was. Then head to the port (and you do not need to be using a Carnival shuttle). Airport check in people had their own assigned boarding slot, and it was BEFORE all the other regular zones (directly after weddings, diamond/plat, FTTF). So even if someone checked in at the port with the earliest time and got the best regular zone, they would still be after the airport people (who ironically could have had the latest check in time).

The regular line at the airport check in was kind of long, but there were 3 or 4 staff members so it probably took about 45 minutes including the wait. There was a separate priority line which moved quickly but at one point that line got kind of long also.