Carnival changed my stateroom

Lollipop's Mom

So here is where I am at now.

Woke up to a new cabin number on deck 12' date=' spa cabin. Saw this on my phone while still laying in bed. Check email and got an email from my TA that says

"Carnival has agreed to give you a free upgrade to a Spa balcony but you will lose you obc.

I am not exactly sure as to what happened, Carnival can't explain as to why either ??"

Ummmmmmmmm so here is what I am thinking is going on... I got a really good discount on this cruise from this TA - this company obviously works in bulk rooms. Now fares for spa cabins have gone even lower than when I first booked, and with his discount he gets, I am guessing he was able to get it for the same money I paid already for my regular balcony, and just did a switch, which on a new deal doesn't have the OBC attached.

Also - I don't even want to be on deck 12 because the balconies have no covers - but seriously I feel like i start to sound like a whiney B**** if I keep on this and asking for changes. Know what I mean?

So now I have lost my OBC due to an upgrade? Makes no sense to me at all! I think the TA is screwing around :([/quote']

Not sure how many days out you are, but if you're not in penalty and the cabin prices are about the same, you could always cancel the reservation and rebook through Carnival direct. That would effectively take away the TA's commission. Plus depending on how far out you are, another promo could come along that you could ultimately switch into as well.

Tell the TA you want THEM to give you the OBC. It's their fault they messed up to begin with. How much was it anyway? Oh, and did you give your TA permission to move you and give up your OBC? I'm sorry, but I would be livid. I only book direct because of these types of things. Nothing you can do now, but I can't stand to have a middleman.

Edited by firemanbobswife

I am within my 75 days - paid in full - I just emailed and asked for a deck 11 spa balcony so at least I have the cover if it rains! Honestly love the spa balcony but don't believe for a minute that carnival 'upgraded and took away my obc'. I told him I plan to write a letter to carnival to complain. It was only $50 OBC, but its $50 towards my tips!

I am an avid disney cruiser who made the switch to carnival for this trip to try it out - and so far not impressed - and I know it is the TA's fault - so I told him I am going to write and complain about this - he probably won't want me writing to carnival to complain about something that was HIS doing!

I am within my 75 days - paid in full - I just emailed and asked for a deck 11 spa balcony so at least I have the cover if it rains! Honestly love the spa balcony but don't believe for a minute that carnival 'upgraded and took away my obc'. I told him I plan to write a letter to carnival to complain. It was only $50 OBC' date=' but its $50 towards my tips!

I am an avid disney cruiser who made the switch to carnival for this trip to try it out - and so far not impressed - and I know it is the TA's fault - so I told him I am going to write and complain about this - he probably won't want me writing to carnival to complain about something that was HIS doing![/quote']

I would also tell him that they (the TA) should give you the $50 OBC if you don't get it back. A letter is still warranted either way.

I don't know if they have already gotten paid or if you have to physically take the cruise, but I had a TA tell me once that if you aren't happy with the way they are handling your booking, that you can "fire" them. It will take a call to Carnival's Customer Care dept I'm sure to acquire the form for that. I feel like they shouldn't be making a dime on you with all of this stress and aggravation they have caused. I'm all worked up and it's not even my booking!

I am a fairly easy going person. I run my own franchised business across Canada and have very little time on my hands, so I like to book my vacation and be done with it. This has turned into such a pain. I am going to give the TA another hour and then I am getting on the phone with Carnival!

I am a fairly easy going person. I run my own franchised business across Canada and have very little time on my hands' date=' so I like to book my vacation and be done with it. This has turned into such a pain. I am going to give the TA another hour and then I am getting on the phone with Carnival![/quote']

I sail several lines (Disney, Carnival, Royal, Celebrity), Carnival is the one line that I book myself because it's so much easier not to have a TA involved (part of that is that I also book early saver and prefer to have the ability to submit my own price drops).

I have been switched to a deck 11 spa balcony now, so am happy with that. I am just too busy to worry about $50 OBC at this point. I may write a letter to Carnival in the next couple of days if i can find 5 minutes free time :) But I will take a nice upgrade to spa balcony, as we do tend to use the spa services on a ship a lot.

I have been switched to a deck 11 spa balcony now' date=' so am happy with that. I am just too busy to worry about $50 OBC at this point. I may write a letter to Carnival in the next couple of days if i can find 5 minutes free time :) But I will take a nice upgrade to spa balcony, as we do tend to use the spa services on a ship a lot.[/quote']

I'm glad you got a cabin you are happy with! Good luck with your letter. Stinks that your terrible TA cost you $50. I had one that almost cost me somewhere around $350. Can't remember the exact amount right now. Carnival stepped up when they didn't have to. The TA was horrible and after that experience, I swore off TAs. I am more than capable of handling everything to do with my bookings. Have a great cruise!!

If anyone is to compensate, it should be the TA. That's the person who did not advise the cabin was for more than 2.

I totally agree with you as well as others posting basically the same thing. I would go to the TA and ask for some kind of compensation, especially if you told the agent you wanted a room across from the laundry and why.

Having said that, I would NEVER WANT a room across from the laundry as it is noisy all times of the day and night. Still, it's not Carnival's responsibility, it's that of your agent.

Oh my goodness you've been through the ringer with this TA. Glad you finally got the room you wanted at least. The $50 OBC promo was only for a limited time, I don't think it's going on anymore, at least I didn't see it when I did a mock booking the other day. When you change rooms they do the current promos only. So if the $50 obc is not a current promo for the room you want, you will lose it. Sorry but that's just standard when you change a room, current promos apply.

I had a TA issue years ago (her kids and mine went to the same school). I booked a future cruise while on board a RCCL cruise and then transferred the booking when I arrived home to her. I can't remember the exact circumstances, but we switched something (date/stateroom???) and she cancelled our booking with the OBC and rebooked.

I know enough that all she had to do was use the original booking and could have made the changes. At the time she was on some kind of advisory board for RCCL, so I'm not sure what kind of perks she was getting. Fortunately for me the price of the cruise went down about four or five times during the seven months prior to the cruise(sometimes only by $10-$20). She soon learned that I could play the game too, and I called her each time to request the fare reduction. I waited a day and if I didn't see the reduction on-line, she got another call to remind her.

Since this episode I prefer to be my own TA.