"Obstructed" view window room

beshears

I pretty much know which ship we are going to be taking, but trying to decide whether it should be a port hole, inner or obstructed window room.

I pretty much know what the inner and port hole rooms are, so I really don't need an answer in regard to this type of room.

If you have had the "obstructed" window room within the past year, why do they call it "obstructed", and would I be better off with one of the other rooms I have mentioned?

they are at the front of the ship, and when you look out you will see a metal partition wall to railing height at the front of an open deck / observation area. so you can see the sky but not the water. you will see this referred to as the 'secret door' area as most people do not and never will know they exist. great area for arrivals or sail away, and it is basically a big shared balcony most people won't ever go out on.

I pretty much know which ship we are going to be taking, but trying to decide whether it should be a port hole, inner or obstructed window room.

I pretty much know what the inner and port hole rooms are, so I really don't need an answer in regard to this type of room.

If you have had the "obstructed" window room within the past year, why do they call it "obstructed", and would I be better off with one of the other rooms I have mentioned?

There are some in front of the ship that look out to the bow of deck 6 (I think it's 6), and others along the sides that are blocked by the life boats. They will let in light and why take them over an interior or porthole, for whatever that is worth.

Between the PH and "obstructed" view, Light. with the PH rooms you can close the port hole for a morning of long desired sleep ;) Obstructed view , you might see the ocean between a life boat.

Edited by BoDidly

Depends on the cabin category.

4K's are along the side and the lifeboats block some of (or most) view. Best cabins are between the life boats.

4J's are at the front of the ship. There is a public area in front of the cabins. Your view will be partially blocked by a short wall.

We have had both. Really love the 4J's.

Some ships have Obstructed Ocean View cabins at the very back corners of the ship. These rooms are kind of triangular in shape and the layout varies from room to room and ship to ship, but some offer 2 windows instead of a single window and have extra floor space. If you are interested in these, do a search on here for the cabin numbers you are interested in and you will probably find some photos.

Thank you ALL for your responses, you have been very helpful.

I'm thinking we will probably go the inner or port hole rooms on the Glory.

If you have been on the Glory, and had one of these rooms, feel free to mention anything if you wish.

Definitely worth the little extra from interior room and better than a porthole. I try to get these rooms all the time. The window is same size as ocean view and have been on ones in the front that have 2 windows. People are rarely on the front deck and it's almost like your own private deck at the front. During the day you cannot see in unless you put your face up the window. At night, yes probably need to close the drapes as people can be on the deck outside. A hidden gem. On Sunshine we had one on the side where the lifeboats are, but if you choose carefully at the front there are no lifeboats obstructing your view and you can see out. Might be people walking by or maintenance workers painting but that's it. Highly recommend.

when looking at the deck plans when chosing a room-- look for the * as these cabins are for accessible and the beds do not go together. They sit headboard to headboad.

http://s1096.photobucket.com/user/gapearlcruiser/media/DSC09355-1.jpg.html

If you find that people do go outside your deck-- they tend to slam the door that is located on either side of the hall. Throw a towel over the top to keep that door from slamming