No frig in room ... ice?

pntnnc

What can you take for them to put ice in when your room does not have a fridge? Want to keep waters and ginger ale cold. Thanks for any ideas. Do not want to take a hard plastic cooler.

Buy the Chill Out Water Package from the Fun Shops. It comes with a soft collapsable cooler. I got one on my last cruise and the room steward kept it full of ice. It is a great cooler and I still use it at home. Doesn't leak and keeps stuff nice a cold.

We carry on a small soft sided cooler with a plastic insert. We fill it with juice and horizon milk boxes for our toddler. Once on board, we put the juice and milk in the fridge and we ask our cabin steward to keep the cooler filled with ice. It's the perfect set up for us!

74d596625e47e332f101b6d012357942.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

On our first cruise we brought a soft sided cooler, but i try to pack light now. Instead, I bring insulated tumblers and get ice and water from lido deck. I usually bring a soda to dinner and the MDR staff is more than willing to bring me a cup of ice for my drink.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

What can you take for them to put ice in when your room does not have a fridge? Want to keep waters and ginger ale cold. Thanks for any ideas. Do not want to take a hard plastic cooler.

I assume since you are going on the Ecstasy you will be driving to port. When we drive to port we always take one of the coolers that has a plastic insert so it doesn't leak.Like this one http://www.target.com/p/12-can-mini-rec-cooler-blue-embark/-/A-12113141?lnk=rec|pdpipadh2|viewed_bought|pdpipadh2|12113141|2

I asked the Steward to keep it filled with ice.

So looking at your up-coming cruise on Ecstasy, I take it Ecstasy doesnt have fridges in rooms or certain rooms? I just thought all carnival ships had fridges in all rooms.

Also if you stop at like a Walgreens, CVS pharmacy, 7-Eleven or some store on your way to the port and pick up a 30 qt. styrofoam cooler for around $10. leak tight, keeps ice for a long time, holds a lot, when your done with cruise just crush it, throw it away so your not carrying it back home with you on the plane or car.