Glory drydock 2017

ttonnka3

Probably cosmetic changes. I know on the triumph, it looked like they got a new deck for the lido and such. Glory recently installed a sushi bar opposite of the pizza bar on lido.

The sushi bar? My son loves sushi. Is there a charge?

Thanks!

I was on the Glory in July and did the Behind the Fun tour. The guide mentioned the dry dock but the only thing she told us that was being done was removing the bell and some other pipes(can't remember what she called them) at the front of the ship to make more room for a bigger crew member area there. So it may just be a maintenance, cleaning, etc. type of dry dock. Anyone know which ship will take her place for the Eastern/Western routes?

The Glory actually replaced the Breeze out of Miami. Next year 2017, the Glory gets replaced by their newest ship the Vista. Going on a 7 day Western Caribbean Cruise September 10. Will report upon my return. Will be in inside cabin 7382.:cool:

The Glory actually replaced the Breeze out of Miami. Next year 2017, the Glory gets replaced by their newest ship the Vista. Going on a 7 day Western Caribbean Cruise September 10. Will report upon my return. Will be in inside cabin 7382.:cool:

The Glory didn't replace the Breeze. It has been there for the past few years at least. They were there at the same time before Breeze left.

The Glory will still do Caribbean cruises from Miami when the Vista arrives.

Edited by firemanbobswife

Well, we are booked on the first cruise out of dry dock ... actually did not know that when we booked the cruise only that the departure date worked with our schedules. I don't care what they add because I am on a cruise and that's what matters - I do like the idea of a Red Frog Pub ... We will report back after the cruise ....

Well, we are booked on the first cruise out of dry dock ... actually did not know that when we booked the cruise only that the departure date worked with our schedules. I don't care what they add because I am on a cruise and that's what matters - I do like the idea of a Red Frog Pub ... We will report back after the cruise ....

Just be aware that they still might be working on some things and there might still be construction going on as they finish things that didn't get finished in dry dock

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry but this is not true.

The Glory does not have all the 2.0 upgrades. It does not have guys burger for one.

Hi Jessica. Just completed my seventh and BEST CRUISE. First meal after the record fast zippy embarcation? Guy's Burgers. Stay tuned for my review. There were many reasons why this was my best of all my 7 cruises all on Carnival. The vibes, spirit, and aura were all spot on. And, happiness was a cabin that never got warmer than 71.4 degrees F! Most of the time my cabin temp was a very comfy 69 degrees and change. An interesting note; the elevators looked in better shape and better-taken care of than the lifts on the Breeze. Part of this may be the gingerbread kitsch as opposed to the generic airport Holiday Inn motif of the Breeze elevators and other common areas.

Glad to read these post about the Glory, as it looks like I will be booking this for about 8 of us in March, going the Eastern direction.

Any comments you want to give me one way or another will be appreciated. We are on a budget, so this looks like a good one for us.

Maybe Guys Pig & Anchor BBQ? From what i've read Glory has most 2.0 stuff except Red Frog Pub and Guys Pig & Anchor.

As far as the Vista replacing Glory? I dont think so. I've been looking at booking a 7 day western caribbean for early spring of 2018 and Vista looks like it will be replacing Splendor as Splendor is still going to China yes no? Any way, Vista will be doing 6 day cruises western and eastern and 8 day southern mixed in there too. Glory is still showing all the way out into April of 2018, 7 day eastern and western caribbean cruises.

If Vista was doing 7 day western cruises i'd be all over that booking.

6 day western cruise - too short.

7 day western cruise - just right.

We just booked that one too!

• 3 weeks later...

Lighthousewoman, who knows, maybe we will run into each other, if we're doing the same date.

Do I gather you like lighthouses? If not, I love anything (climbed a few in my time) that has to do with lighthouses, as well as the song.

There are "8" of us (most of them have never cruised) that are cruising together in March next year.

I have cruised over 26 years, so I pretty much know what to expect on most ships. I am NOT a "nit picky" person, so I know, and I know they will all be glad to just be ON the ship. :)

I will say, out of all the ships I have cruised on, unless they changed it, I love their beds. I feel like a baby when sleeping on them. :)