Finally aboard the Miracle

MsMot

I am finally on vacation ☺. We purchased FTTF and got on board within 20 mins, if not less. Definitely worth avoiding two VERY l9ng lines. Been on since 1pm and wish my luggage would come. I never roam the ship until our luggage is accounted for.

We too love the Miracle. We took her from New York through the Panama Canal on her repositioning cruise to Long Beach. We will be on her again in a few weeks for the Hawaiian Journeys cruise followed B2B with a 6 day Mexican Riviera. Enjoy! Your post is making me even more anxious! Can't wait!

I am finally on vacation ☺. We purchased FTTF and got on board within 20 mins, if not less. Definitely worth avoiding two VERY l9ng lines. Been on since 1pm and wish my luggage would come. I never roam the ship until our luggage is accounted for.

Enjoy your cruise.

We will be boarding the Miracle in a couple of weeks. Could you tell me more about the boarding procedures? What time did you arrive at the port vs the time you picked for boarding? Did you have to call Guest Services to find your luggage? We have FTTF and I am counting on our luggage getting to the room right away. I hope you have an outstanding time!

We will be boarding the Miracle in a couple of weeks. Could you tell me more about the boarding procedures? What time did you arrive at the port vs the time you picked for boarding? Did you have to call Guest Services to find your luggage? We have FTTF and I am counting on our luggage getting to the room right away. I hope you have an outstanding time!

If you have FTTF you can disregard the chosen check in time (you still have to pick on the website tho) since you board right after Platinum/suite guests.

Keep in mind that boarding doesn't start until customs (not Carnival) gives the all clear and the same goes for luggage. FYI the custom agents seem to be more militant in their jobs @ LB than other ports, thus the wait seems longer. Once boarding didn't start until after 2 but the rest of the times I have sailed out of long beach (14 in all) boarding started between 12 and 1 (and even a couple times between 11 and 12 on the smaller ships).

Generally you will be on board 20 min after they clear the ship for boarding so it's not likely that your luggage will be at your room that quickly. I have been on the Miracle with FTTF three times and now once as platinum. Our luggage is always there well before the safety brief. If I remember correctly (since the last time was only 3 weeks ago, it's a safe bet) no later than two hours after boarding.

My family goes in 40 days!! Woot! I saw on Carnivals site that the on board HUB app was scheduled to launch today on the Miracle. Can anyone on board tell me if this has happened? Happy cruising and enjoy your vacation!

Edited by grimsgirl13

My family goes in 40 days!! Woot! I saw on Carnivals site that the on board HUB app was scheduled to launch today on the Miracle. Can anyone on board tell me if this has happened? Happy cruising and enjoy your vacation!

Looking forward to the answer to this as I board on Saturday and I am looking forward to using the HUB app.

Thanks everyone! We arrived to the port around 1pm. The lines were crazy long, but we were ushered right past both lines. Quite impressive I must say. I can't wait until we reach platinum status! Our luggage did not arrive until an hour or so after the safety briefing. One of my Mother's bags didn't show up until we were heading to the 8:15 dinner seating. Both cabins had FTTF so we thought the luggage would arrive in a more timely manner. Overall, the cruise is going good. We did the sea day brunch, which was a life saver. I'm not a fan of buffet breakfast food. I actually brought a supply of Kind bars for breakfast. Just in case... I do like that you can now purchase an Internet package for the week or per day. Tomorrow is Cabo!! I'll report back tomorrow. Feel free to shoot any questions.

I was on the Miracle a few years back and have to say so far it has been my favorite of my 4 cruises on Carnival. Haven't tried all the class of ship but the spirit class for me is a nice size even today in the mega oversized ships.

have fun

sea ya

Eric

How fast and reliable is the internet connection on the Miracle?

Actually the speed is pretty good. Much better than when I was on the Breeze. I like the fact that I was now able to purchase a plan that fits my usage. Last cruise I purchased a weekly plan for $90 and only used the plan on sea days. Now they have a daily plan (basic) for $16. I will buy another plan on our next sea day.

Yes, th app is up and running. We have been using the chat function to touch base with members of our group. Cool app...

Yes, th app is up and running. We have been using the chat function to touch base with members of our group. Cool app...

Thank you for this update.

How well does the chat function work? Do you get a tone from your phone when a new message comes in? Do you know if it will work on an ipod?

A lot of questions I know and I'm sorry but we leave this Saturday when you are getting off so I am just curious and our youngest does not have a phone.