Would you care?

hotsauce126

Would you care?  

234 members have voted

1. 1. Would you care?

• Yes, I would find it rude.
    • No, I wouldn't care.

Say you went to the MDR on the first night of the cruise, and you had two strangers as tablemates. You didn't have much in common (different age groups, languages, whatever) and the next night you noticed they had spoken to the Maitre D and got a new, private table. Would you care? Would you take offense to it?

EDIT: The title was supposed to read "Would you care"

Edited by hotsauce126

I voted I would care.

As the people "left behind" you always wonder - was it something I said? or did?

I understand the desire to have a private table or even just a different table - I think that it is polite to let the tablemates know - "It's been wonderful meeting you, however we are going to speak to the Maitre'D about getting a private table for the remainder of the cruise." or "We prefer to be in the middle of the action so we'll be requesting another table. If it doesn't happen, we'll see you again tomorrow night."

I would and have been the one requesting another table. The one and only time we had table mates we didn't know, every time the stranger next to me turned her head her massive frizzy long hair flipped over on me.

The man across from me never shut up and his wife stared out the window the whole time.

After that experience I always get a table for two, unless traveling with friends/family.

We would ask for another table. We like meeting new people on a cruise.

Just back from a cruise and we were given table for 2 with table for 4 inches from us. Other people were cruising together and basically ignored us.

That night asked for a large table and enjoyed dinner the rest of the cruise.

I wouldn't care. They are strangers that you will never interact with again and probably just saved you a week of uncomfortable meals.

I would also disagree that they would owe the other couple an explanation. Again they are strangers and are free to do as they please.

Kind of happened to us on the Pride- we were assigned a 4 top and had a nice couple seated with us. The next night they weren't there, nor the next. We saw them on Serenity and they apologized for not joining us but said that they had been waitlisted for ATD and it had come through. We assured them it wasn't a problem at all. DW is still friends with the wife on FB.

Would I care, probably not that much....Would I find it rude, absolutely

The "Bubble" mentality annoys me when you are on a cruise. If you want your "own little world", don't go on a cruise....Rent a remote cabin someplace so you don't have to see anyone. That is not the scene on a cruise ship....if you don't like strangers, don't cruise, real simple

Edited by First and Ten

Would I care, probably not that much....Would I find it rude, absolutely

The "Bubble" mentality annoys me when you are on a cruise. If you want your "own little world", don't go on a cruise....Rent a remote cabin someplace so you don't have to see anyone. That is not the scene on a cruise ship....if you don't like strangers, don't cruise, real simple

Is there anything that doesn't annoy you? You seem to be under the impression that everything should be the way you believe or its wrong.

A cruise is no different than any other vacation. You don't have to interact with strangers unless you want to. And if someone chooses not to that is up to them and is not wrong anymore than someone wanting to sit with a bunch of people they don't know.

I sort of agree with you believe it or not. Im not really annoyed by it but I have never understood people who cruise that just want to stay secluded to themselves. I could find so many better and cheaper options for that but I guess to each their own. A cruise vacation is just not an ideal vacation for that though IMO. Again whatever floats their boat though.

I would not care in the least nor would I find it rude if table mates asked for another table. We dont have to deal with that anymore though as we do ATD and get a table for two or just our group. While I really enjoyed it at first, Im kinda over the sitting with 8-10 strangers and feeling like I have to make small talk. Any other time than dinner though and Im all about getting out and socializing and talking to people. We just kinda like dinner now to ourselves

Edited by ryano

Is there anything that doesn't annoy you? You seem to be under the impression that everything should be the way you believe or its wrong.

A cruise is no different than any other vacation. You don't have to interact with strangers unless you want to. And if someone chooses not to that is up to them and is not wrong anymore than someone wanting to sit with a bunch of people they don't know.

Actually it seems to annoy you Beach....its called an "opinion". Apparently my OPINION isn't in line with yours. I view that as cool, different opinions for different people. Because my OPINION doesn't line up with yours, you want to lash out. The OPs question was would I find that behavior rude....Yes I would. In the OPs example, nobody did anything wrong. Nobody got into a fight or harsh words were exchanged. In that specific example, I would find those actions rude....My OPINION is if you have an issue with strangers, maybe you should look at another vacation option....carry on now chickie :D

Edited by First and Ten

No I wouldn't care especially if we didn't click. In fact one cruise I was praying that the people who were at our table would have moved. Nothing but drama from day 1 and it just got worse. I liked the waitstaff and the table itself so we stayed put.

Other times I have been quite happy with the table assignments. It's a crap shoot.

I sort of agree with you believe it or not. Im not really annoyed by it but I have never understood people who cruise that just want to stay secluded to themselves. I could find so many better and cheaper options for that but I guess to each their own. A cruise vacation is just not an ideal vacation for that though IMO. Again whatever floats their boat though.

I would not care in the least nor would I find it rude if table mates asked for another table. We dont have to deal with that anymore though as we do ATD and get a table for two or just our group. While I really enjoyed it at first, Im kinda over the sitting with 8-10 strangers and feeling like I have to make small talk. Any other time than dinner though and Im all about getting out and socializing and talking to people. We just kinda like dinner now to ourselves

You agree with me? sort of? LOL....you sure you feel ok :D

Before people go all off on me, look at the question....The OP didn't ask if you were upset (which I wouldn't be), the OP asked "would you find it rude"....There was no fight, no obnoxious behavior, just simply said "not a lot in common"....On that premise, yes, I find it rude

Expanding on that thought, there have been plenty of threads of not only a table for 2, but some people want to be far far away so they don't have to listen to strangers and don't want strangers hearing them....that is the "bubble mentality"....Those people need to find the remote cabin

Edited by First and Ten

You agree with me? sort of? LOL....you sure you feel ok :D

Before people go all off on me, look at the question....The OP didn't ask if you were upset (which I wouldn't be), the OP asked "would you find it rude"....There was no fight, no obnoxious behavior, just simply said "not a lot in common"....On that premise, yes, I find it rude

Expanding on that thought, there have been plenty of threads of not only a table for 2, but some people want to be far far away so they don't have to listen to strangers and don't want strangers hearing them....that is the "bubble mentality"....Those people need to find the remote cabin

Actually the OP asked "would you care" and "would you take offense to it".

Actually the OP asked "would you care" and "would you take offense to it".

View Poll Results: Would you care?

Yes, I would find it rude. 3 5.66%

No, I wouldn't care. 50 94.34%

So in theory, you really could choose both....Would I find it rude, yes

Would I care, no

Edited by First and Ten

The OP asks if you would care or take offense, my answer is nope, not at all.

As for cruise not being for those that want to be by themselves, we cruise because we enjoy being on the ship/sea and the ports, kind of hard to do in a secluded cabin. If we happen to interact with others and make a new friend or two, that's fine, if not, that's fine too. We are there to enjoy each other and our time together. That's just my opinion.

Edited by Pyrate13

I was seated at a table of 5 solos. One guy insulted a lady from Columbia asking if she brought her uzi. She was quite offended. The rest of the dinner didn't improve. The next night I found myself alone at the table as everyone had gotten new assignments including the guy who was insulting.

View Poll Results: Would you care?

Yes, I would find it rude. 3 5.66%

No, I wouldn't care. 50 94.34%

So in theory, you really could choose both....Would I find it rude, yes

Would I care, no

That's what I get for focusing on the questions in the post instead of the poll:o.