a balcony on p&o or awindow on cunard

kllychpmn

I think I might know the answer to this but im gonna ask anyway. Our budget allows for a window on cunard or a balcony on P&O we will be on the ship for 3 and four weeks respectively and both are trans pacific crossings We are american but get along with brits well We are frequent cruisers but have never been on either line if it helps we prefer holland america usually HELP !!!!

My answer would be an inside on P&O and save the money for something else, eg. tour excursions or next year's cruise. But if the question is exclusive, I'd take the balcony and the extra week without a shadow of doubt. IMO when you get beyond Fred Olsen level, the extras that increase the price aren't worth the money.

(I've never travelled Cunard, but I've travelled P&O frequently and various other cheaper lines, and never been dissatisfied. If you're more into the finer things of life eg. fine dining, your answer may be different from mine.)

Edited by dsrdsrdsr

Oceanview cabins on Cunard sell out quickly for some reason, but they often have promotions where Oceanview and balcony cabins are at the same price. They claim it to be a free upgrade to a balcony but those who watch the fares say Cunard raises the Oceanview fare to equal the lowest-level balcony category.

Edited by Underwatr

You will likely find more Americans on Cunard than P&O (if that makes a difference to you). I was considering a cruise on P&O and asked about it here on CC. I was told by most who responded I would not like it as much because it was so geared to a British market (food, entertainment, use of pound onboard, etc.)

I have cruised on Cunard and HAL and have found them, with the exception of the evening dress code, to be very similar.