Tea

Brexit 1

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Most every cruise line provides tea and coffee at no extra charge. That said, if you like a particular brand you may be disappointed. Some bring their own tea bags so they have exactly what they like.

Gratuities vary by cruise line. Find your line from these lists and ask on the forum for that line.

Cruise lines A-O. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9

Cruise lines P-Z. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22

Edited by Scrapnana

Carnival has just started only offering Lipton tea for free- which I do not like. They used to have Earl Grey, English Breakfast, etc. I was told you could get these if you go to the afternoon tea. So, I bring my own tea now!

If you want more than a regular coffee you can buy it at the coffee bar.

Edited by Bonnie J.

do you have to dress up for dinner, or can you go to other restaurants, as i am not into wearing a dinner suit and bow tie.and also can you book a table for two, as i would sooner be with my wife, than eating with other people at the same table. or should i forget about a cruise

do you have to dress up for dinner, or can you go to other restaurants, as i am not into wearing a dinner suit and bow tie.and also can you book a table for two, as i would sooner be with my wife, than eating with other people at the same table. or should i forget about a cruise

Please either tell us the cruise line and ship you are on, or follow the instructions in post #2 for posting in the cruise line forum. You are asking questions that are highly dependent on the cruise line/ship.

No need to tip for coffee or tea in the included venues.

Tips run (depending on the cruise line) around $12-13.50 US per person, per night. That covers the cabin attendant, waitstaff, and a bit for "behind the scenes folks)....any drink you BUY will have 18% added to the cost as the tip. There is no need to be tipping in cash during the cruise at all. There is an 'extra tip" line on any bill....you do NOT need to add more unless you really want to!

Edited by cb at sea

Many lines have relaxed their dress codes. Even Cunard and P+O only have 'formal' nights maybe twice a week, it's not penguin suits every night. The buffets are also open every evening so, even on the lines with formal evenings, there are alternative venues for those who don't want to participate.

However, as the others have said, many things vary from one cruiseline to another, so it is impossible to generalise.

Are drinks free on board like tea and coffee, also how much in pounds are the tipping pp per day

Most ships have tea or coffee, tips vary between nil and $20 per day, some lines dress for dinner and some don't, tables for two vary. You're questions are just too general - rahter like asking "I'm going to a hotel, what will I get for dinner". Take a look on the various boards, certainly, but first of all visit a travel agent and get a copy of every cruise brochure they've got. That will tell you which lines sail out of the UK or routinely fly-cruise from the UK, which will narrow it down for a start, and give you a guide to what each ship does (for example, P&O dress for dinner, tips £6 per day or so, tea/coffee provided).