Is it possible to change your perk choice after booking?

flifish64

I've changed my perk twice on two different cruises. The first time I had no problem, the change was made, a new invoice was sent documenting the change, and I was happy. Easy Peasy. The second time I was told that it was not possible to change the perk. I told my TA that she had celebrity change the perk on my previous cruise and I was again told it was not possible (TA was relaying celebrity's decision). After a sternly worded, yet professional and appropriate email to my TA, which She forwarded to the celebrity district person that she works with, the change was made.

It is possible. Be firm and polite and they should do it for you.

Good Luck.

I did just that several months ago now.

We originally signed up on our last January 2015 cruise for another cruise in January 2016. I chose $200 OBC instead of Classic Beverage Pkg for two. Later I was thinking I chose wrong. I contacted my TA, who we are traveling with, if I could change my choice to Classic Bev Pkg? He had no problem making it happen. Got a new summary with the drink pkg added at $0 net cost, and the $200 OBC went away.

During the 1,2,3 Go promotion we booked and without thinking took the OBC. We later decided to change to the drink package...We booked directly with Celebrity so we called and asked to make that change. No problem. On board..we had the drink package as requested.

My TA agent once told me that there are cases when they tried to change the perk in the system, the cruise was repriced to the current market value.

That is why I was very careful to finalize my perks before I booked.

I think this is what I am encountering. We are in a 5 night suite Dec 13th and when we booked we had the "go better" option. We took the bev package and $150 OBC option thinking we would upgrade the bev package and pay our tips with the remaining OBC. the upgrade was $75 and the "go best was $225. There is an excursion of $180 each that we are considering and might use the internet to search for a future cruise as the deployment schedule will be out so I looked into changing to the "go best" option. instead of paying the difference of $75 and $225 which is $150 for both, Celebrity wants $150 each additional to the $75 we already paid. The $225 go best would now cost me $375.