World Class bar rollout and Molecular bar sked

roquejo

Aside from Eclipse, any update on which ships no longer has the Molecular bar?

Any update if the Molecular Bar is still up in Celebrity Solstice? And when it will be replaced by the world Class bar?

Edited by roquejo

As of last week Reflection still had the molecular bar. However, one thing to note is that they now just have regular bartenders making the drinks. They were making them based on the recipes that were written out and had to taste everything as they went along. The end result is that even if the ship still has the molecular bar you shouldn't necessarily expect the drinks to be the same as they were before. I didn't even bother finishing my drink. :(

As of last week Reflection still had the molecular bar. However, one thing to note is that they now just have regular bartenders making the drinks. They were making them based on the recipes that were written out and had to taste everything as they went along. The end result is that even if the ship still has the molecular bar you shouldn't necessarily expect the drinks to be the same as they were before. I didn't even bother finishing my drink. :(

Urgh... too bad my first ever Celebrity cruise and with Solstice is still Sept 2016...been busy accumulating status with RCCL the last 2 years.. :p

Having never been on Celebrity before (1st time coming up soon on the Equinox), I believe I missed out on the Molecular Bar, (although some of the selections they're showing for the World Class Bar look interesting).

Does the Equinox still have the Molecular Bar or has it already switched over?

Having never been on Celebrity before (1st time coming up soon on the Equinox), I believe I missed out on the Molecular Bar, (although some of the selections they're showing for the World Class Bar look interesting).

The World Class Bar has replaced the Molecular Bar on the Equinox.

The molecular bar is still on the Solstice (as of the 26th). There were three bartenders (Darko and Loida who we remembered from molecular on the Silhouette last summer and Rhory who was training). Darko and Loida were happy to make any of the old drinks and obviously knew how as they have been making them for years. However, the bartender in training did not know the old drinks and Loida's contract ended on the 26th and she is taking a 2 month break. They expected the complete turnover to world class to happen early next year. Right now there are a few of the old drinks on the menu as well as a page of new items and a section of Loida's favorites (created by Loida and many of which were delicious)!

I've heard the main batman at the molecular bar on reflection (currently) is one of the fully trained molecular chefs on celebrity but there is also a new one training... Maybe you were unlucky the time you went [emoji20]

We are big fans of the molecular bar and spent many a night there working through the menu... [emoji39]

As mentioned the Equinox has indeed changed over, we did try the world class bar in May on the eclipse but only tried it a couple of times so only tried a couple of their drinks... But want we had was good and we are looking forward to giving it a better go in March on the reflection... [emoji12]

As for the Equinox I believe the current bar person at the world class bar is a lady called Jelena... (And a/another) She was the molecular bar person on 2 of our previous cruises and our favourite one of all [emoji4] she is very good at her job and made some amazing drinks for us both on & off the menu so if you're going soon go and say hi and try the drinks... [emoji483][emoji39]

However, one thing to note is that they now just have regular bartenders making the drinks. :(

I don't believe this to be the case as I know the main molecular/world class bar person on the Reflection & Equinox are both experienced molecular trained staff and both fully trained on the world class drinks... And the guy that was on the opening world class bar on the eclipse in May was a specially trained barman

Maybe you were unlucky to get a new trainee member of their team.. [emoji20] hopefully if you try it again your have a better experience [emoji4]

I don't believe this to be the case as I know the main molecular/world class bar person on the Reflection & Equinox are both experienced molecular trained staff and both fully trained on the world class drinks... And the guy that was on the opening world class bar on the eclipse in May was a specially trained barman

Maybe you were unlucky to get a new trainee member of their team.. [emoji20] hopefully if you try it again your have a better experience [emoji4]

It was the same bartender every night during our cruise for the most part and while he may have been trained by someone who originally worked the molecular bar it really didn't seem like he did since he had to look at the recipes to make the drinks (he seemed to know a lot more about the new bar). This is not to say he wasn't a good bartender, but I'm sure it takes a lot of time and practice to master all of those drinks given how complicated some of them were. You may be right, maybe our timing was just unlucky as there was new staff and several who were ending their contracts after our cruise. The bar was obviously also in the midst of the change as they only had a fraction of the ingredients/liquors as they did previously. My point was more that people should just temper their expectations. You may luck out and be able to get the drinks as they once where, but at the same time you may not. We were huge fans of the molecular bar so I'm sad to see it go and was hoping for one last cruise with it. To me the current bar just seemed kind of neglected. I wish X would have rolled out the World Class Bar faster or had a better plan for the "interim period" since they knew they were going to let their contract with Junior lapse.

Edited by prim8keeper

I read in a previous thread that the Reflection will have the World Class bar in Jan 2016. We are on the Super Bowl cruise on 6 Feb.

Just exactly what is the "World Class" bar? High end liquors? We were not really fans of the Molecular Bar but hey, to each their own.

I read in a previous thread that the Reflection will have the World Class bar in Jan 2016. We are on the Super Bowl cruise on 6 Feb.

Just exactly what is the "World Class" bar? High end liquors? We were not really fans of the Molecular Bar but hey, to each their own.

I posted that the world class bar would be introduced on the reflection in Jan, they confirmed this again yesterday in reply to my question about for which sailing it will be up & running by.. They didn't have an actual date but confirmed it would be January,

If you don't like the molecular bar then I doubt your be a fan of this one as its a similar style set up... Below is a link to a thread showing the drinks on the current menu

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2283009

I posted that the world class bar would be introduced on the reflection in Jan, they confirmed this again yesterday in reply to my question about for which sailing it will be up & running by.. They didn't have an actual date but confirmed it would be January,

If you don't like the molecular bar then I doubt your be a fan of this one as its a similar style set up... Below is a link to a thread showing the drinks on the current menu

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2283009

Thanks.

So it is just a bar that they can upsell you with "premium" liquors. So be it. Personally, "premium" liquors are very good neat or with little additions. Once you start to add several types of fruit juices and/or mixes, the "premium" liquors just become lost in the drink, you can use any type of vodka if you are adding pineapple and orange juices. Just my take on fancy cocktails. :)

Thanks.

So it is just a bar that they can upsell you with "premium" liquors. So be it. Personally, "premium" liquors are very good neat or with little additions. Once you start to add several types of fruit juices and/or mixes, the "premium" liquors just become lost in the drink, you can use any type of vodka if you are adding pineapple and orange juices. Just my take on fancy cocktails. :)

I guess they just wanted a bar similar to the molecular bar in that it just does fancy/speciality cocktails... We loved the molecular bar so we will give it a good go on our next cruise in March

I understand it's not for everyone but then again if we all liked the same thing life would be a little dull... [emoji4]

We are big fans of the molecular bar and spent many a night there working through the menu... [emoji39]

As mentioned the Equinox has indeed changed over, we did try the world class bar in May on the eclipse but only tried it a couple of times so only tried a couple of their drinks... But want we had was good and we are looking forward to giving it a better go in March on the reflection... [emoji12]

As for the Equinox I believe the current bar person at the world class bar is a lady called Jelena... (And a/another) She was the molecular bar person on 2 of our previous cruises and our favourite one of all [emoji4] she is very good at her job and made some amazing drinks for us both on & off the menu so if you're going soon go and say hi and try the drinks... [emoji483][emoji39]

Thanks for the info - not a big drinker so I'll try to keep it down to maybe 18 or 20 a night :eek::eek:.

Actually, we went with the classic drink package on this cruise but after looking at what Celebrity has to offer, I think I'm going to upgrade mine to the premium package when we get on board. Even though I'm pretty easy to please (Goombay Smash, Rum Punch, Yellow Bird, etc) some of the "exotics" listed in the World Class Bar menu do look interesting (sans gin drinks - gives me a terrible headache).

Thanks for the info - not a big drinker so I'll try to keep it down to maybe 18 or 20 a night :eek::eek:.

Actually, we went with the classic drink package on this cruise but after looking at what Celebrity has to offer, I think I'm going to upgrade mine to the premium package when we get on board. Even though I'm pretty easy to please (Goombay Smash, Rum Punch, Yellow Bird, etc) some of the "exotics" listed in the World Class Bar menu do look interesting (sans gin drinks - gives me a terrible headache).

You can always see how you get on for a couple of days then upgrade should you want too,

Personally we always have the premium package as we like the freedom and not having to worry about it or checking to see if it's included,

We will always have at least 1 martini bar martini so that covers the upgrade on its own.... Not to mention the others... [emoji483][emoji16]

I understand it's not for everyone but then again if we all liked the same thing life would be a little dull... [emoji4]

More pearls of wisdom from Mr_T [emoji41].

Could not agree more - some people prefer Bourbon to Scotch or Bloody Mary over Bloody Caesar ( [emoji32])

I have even met a cruisist who prefers Manyoo over arsenal [emoji33]. takes all types and even Mr_T would forgive the Manyoo supporter for such blatant bad taste [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]

More pearls of wisdom from Mr_T [emoji41].

Could not agree more - some people prefer Bourbon to Scotch or Bloody Mary over Bloody Caesar ( [emoji32])

I have even met a cruisist who prefers Manyoo over arsenal [emoji33]. takes all types and even Mr_T would forgive the Manyoo supporter for such blatant bad taste [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]

Not completely sure about that! [emoji33][emoji23]