Recent/Current Reflection Cruisers - Lunch in Luminae on Port Days?

jenniebnyc

The poster (I think) was referring to my mention of Bistro on Five being disgusting and I stand by my statement, which was made weeks ago, so not sure why we are rehashing. I was served a cold crepe with gloppy cold fillings and the only word that comes to mind when I think about the meal is, disgusting. Sorry if that offends anyone, but that is my opinion.

Thank you for your follow up as I am still waiting to hear back from Celebrity on the respnses to my questions. They seem to be pretty easy ones to answer! :)

Oh I agree the whole Luminae lunch thing has been done to death.

I do note that the admin people who post from the 'official' account do dodge a lot of valid questions though and only respond with carefully worded, probably 'Miami approved' retorts. Which is what my "contempt" comment refers too.

They could do so much better when addressing questions raised on here by their loyal customers. The Azamara blogger does so much better on that board.

Not sure who you think you are talking to with that tone. Notice I ended this conversation weeks ago. Go bully someone else.

The only person who has been stirring up trouble on these forums for weeks, going on and on and on in multiple threads in a tone that's far worse than anything I've seen on here in 10 years is you. And you accuse someone else of bullying?!? I really hope I never end up on a ship with you... :/

Who cares wether arriving in Puerto Rico at 3:30 pm makes it a sea day or a port day? If your entire cruise depends on whether or not you can have lunch in Luminae on that day, vote with your money and cancel. Book another cruise line.

Celebrity is one of the very few cruise lines that occasionally engages with customers on Cruise Critic. As opposed to bullying them over it, slinging totally rude comments to a hard working individual who's here to help to the extend possible, perhaps have some thanks for the questions that they do answer and the issues they do resolve. They don't need to be here.

As the other poster commented, a really bad sense of ENTITLEMENT. Yuck.

Beginning on 10/23/15, Reflection will only offer lunch on embarkation day and on sea days (versus every day). Breakfast and dinner will still be served every single day.

We constantly review our guest and travel partner feedback, which tells us that our guests and trade partners love Luminae. We also know that lunch in Luminae is most desired on embarkation day and days at sea, which led to this slight adjustment in lunch service.

If you would like to have lunch onboard while in port, several venues and services are available: Bistro on Five, Oceanview Cafe, room service etc. Bistro on Five is now complimentary, during lunch on port days, for our Suite Class guests.

We were on board a suite on the Reflection TA, and were not made aware that Bistro on Five was available on a complimentary basis on port days. It would have been nice to have been advised by Celebrity.

Before flaming the suite guests by other posters, please note that we B2B with the following 7 day Caribbean in a non-suite cabin.

Edited by Guernseycruiser

My only experience with Bistro on 5 was not good. One time is probably not enough data, but my experience does not indicate that it is a good trade off, and I'll probably choose OV or the Spa cafe.

I am sure that Luminae is under utilized on port days, and I doubt it will have much of an impact on me. I also believe that it is bad form to tell your passengers, both the Celebrity rep and the CEO, that there will be 3 meals served daily, then change it without so much as a real response other than marketing speak that was posted earlier.

It is their right to make changes, but not to customers who paid for something promised, and now not delivered.

Who cares wether arriving in Puerto Rico at 3:30 pm makes it a sea day or a port day? If your entire cruise depends on whether or not you can have lunch in Luminae on that day, vote with your money and cancel. Book another cruise line.

Celebrity is one of the very few cruise lines that occasionally engages with customers on Cruise Critic. As opposed to bullying them over it, slinging totally rude comments to a hard working individual who's here to help to the extend possible, perhaps have some thanks for the questions that they do answer and the issues they do resolve. They don't need to be here.

As the other poster commented, a really bad sense of ENTITLEMENT. Yuck.

Who cares? I care. And if you don't, then please feel free to leave the thread. I am asking a simple question and would like a response. It seems others would like to hear the response too. Why do you care so much about the questions I ask? They are directed to Celebrity and not you. If they offend you so much, again, please feel free to move on to the next post.

Who cares? I care. And if you don't, then please feel free to leave the thread. I am asking a simple question and would like a response. It seems others would like to hear the response too. Why do you care so much about the questions I ask? They are directed to Celebrity and not you. If they offend you so much, again, please feel free to move on to the next post.

I believe there is a thread on here with someone recently back from the 11/7 reflection cruise..is that the same itinerary (i.e. with San Juan) in which I suggest you just ask them your question. The specifically opened the thread to answers people's questions. Alternatively you can wait until 11/28 when I return from this exact cruise next week and I'll happily tell you if it was open or not on the San Juan day (we are in a RS). I understand your frustrations with the changes Celebrity has made and continues to make but in at this point I'm just going with the flow.

I believe there is a thread on here with someone recently back from the 11/7 reflection cruise..is that the same itinerary (i.e. with San Juan) in which I suggest you just ask them your question. The specifically opened the thread to answers people's questions. Alternatively you can wait until 11/28 when I return from this exact cruise next week and I'll happily tell you if it was open or not on the San Juan day (we are in a RS). I understand your frustrations with the changes Celebrity has made and continues to make but in at this point I'm just going with the flow.

thank you kindly. Much appreciated. I will await your response. Enjoy your cruise!

The only person who has been stirring up trouble on these forums for weeks, going on and on and on in multiple threads in a tone that's far worse than anything I've seen on here in 10 years is you. And you accuse someone else of bullying?!? I really hope I never end up on a ship with you... :/

Really? You should look harder at posts then. My frustration is directed at Celebrity, not other posters. I do not make nasty comments to other posters unless provoked. I am here to get responses about my cruise. If you do not care for my tone or my questions then move along. You and others are on here to critique how and what others are posting. In sum, you and your bully buddy are the ones that should "get a grip". Wishing you a pleasant evening.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to clarify the Celebrity Cruises 'Official' account should be ignored. Luminae is closed on sea days as we all now know.

However, lunch in Bistro on 5 is only included if you are in a PH or RS. Second class suite passengers in CS and SS have to pay the cover charge despite what their rather disingenuous post implies.

Just to clarify the Celebrity Cruises 'Official' account should be ignored. Luminae is closed on sea days as we all now know.

However, lunch in Bistro on 5 is only included if you are in a PH or RS. Second class suite passengers in CS and SS have to pay the cover charge despite what their rather disingenuous post implies.

Luminae is closed on sea days?

Luminae is closed on sea days?

Argghhhhh!

My mistake. Luminae is closed on port days. Not sea days. It is also open on embarkation day.

Both the staff in Bistro on five and guest services on board have confirmed that bistro on five is only complimentary for PH and RS guests during port days. This conflicts with what the Celebrity 'Official' account posted previously in this thread, hence me pointing this out for those it may affect.

Beginning with sail dates on or after October 21, 2015, the operating hours of Luminae will be adjusted for lunch only (breakfast and dinner remain unchanged). We will only offer lunch on embarkation day and on sea days (versus every day).

We constantly review our guest and travel partner feedback, which tells us that our guests and trade partners love Luminae. We also know that lunch in Luminae is most desired on embarkation day and days at sea, which led to this slight adjustment in lunch service. This change gives Celebrity even more opportunities for the dedicated Luminae staff to continue providing our guests with a wide array of the freshest, handcrafted dishes and personalized service we’re known for.

Bistro on Five is now complimentary, during lunch on port days, for our Suite Class guests.

Very grateful for your participation. Could you confirm that Bistro on Five is complimentary on port days for all suite passengers including Sky Suite on up?

Thank you so much.

Regarding Celebrity's Nov 18 post which confirmed that the restaurant is closed on port days...Celebrity posted something interesting which is undefined.

Celebrity - would you please put specifics around the following words used in your Nov 18 post:

"freshest, handcrafted dishes"

Two categories of questions:

A - Only focused on Luminae - What specifically does 1) "freshest" and 2) "handcrafted" mean in Luminae?

B - AND what does 1) "freshest" and 2) "handcrafted" mean VERSUS a) the MDR and b) the specialty restaurants.

Celebrity, since you have chosen to create 3 "tiers" of food delivery - please explain the 3 tiers in terms of "freshest" and "handcrafted" so that everyone on CC and the travel agents who monitor this board know what you are delivering in food given the segments.

Many people wish to book the suite category - so given the price escalation - it is important that those folks know they are receiving a much higher "value for money" in the food they will receive versus other categories.

Look forward to Celebrity's description of the food delivery in the 3 tiers.

Thank you kindly.

ABoatNerd

My advice is that those suite guests who are not in a RS or PH dine at bistro on 5 on port days, pay the $10 pp fee...and then email a copy of your final bill showing the charges to celebritycruises....and let them figure out how to refund your charges.

As CC management has pointed out, Celebrity Cruises has been vetted as the official spokesman for Celebrity cruises here....so their statements, which are IMHO carefully worded and probably reviewed before posting, should be relied upon as the official celebrity position.

Celebrity Cruises....please feel free to correct any of my statements above.

Argghhhhh!

My mistake. Luminae is closed on port days. Not sea days. It is also open on embarkation day.

Both the staff in Bistro on five and guest services on board have confirmed that bistro on five is only complimentary for PH and RS guests during port days. This conflicts with what the Celebrity 'Official' account posted previously in this thread, hence me pointing this out for those it may affect.

I suggest you discuss the issue with the staff in the Luminae. I was on board the Sihouette and I can assure you it was complimentary on port days. He/she should be the most knowledgeable and he arranged the first one for me. Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

Regarding Celebrity's Nov 18 post which confirmed that the restaurant is closed on port days

Many people wish to book the suite category - so given the price escalation - it is important that those folks know they are receiving a much higher "value for money" in the food they will receive versus other categories.

Look forward to Celebrity's description of the food delivery in the 3 tiers.

Thank you kindly.

ABoatNerd

What about those of us who have already booked on the basis of what they told us around a year ago. I have 5 suites booked all since the suite class was launched and they keep changing the goalposts.

They do not seem to be allowing CS and SS guests to use Bistro on the Eclipse at the moment.

Just off the Reflection Thanksgiving week cruise. Overall, fantastic. Luminae was also fantastic. Closed on port days for lunch, but Bistro on 5 was NO CHARGE. We were in a sky suite.

(FWIW, we had my parents and some friends with us, also in sky suites, also no charge at bistro for port day lunch.)

And, I am happy to report that Bistro on 5 was quite good.

Is any one else getting tired of all the BS? There is no consistency between what is posted on Celebrity's web site, FB page, CC, etc. Celebrity, put on your big boy pants and own up to what has been promised, or at least own up to the new promises being made and be consistent across the fleet. I'm not getting ready to cancel any cruises over lunch but at some point enough is enough.

I suggest you discuss the issue with the staff in the Luminae. I was on board the Sihouette and I can assure you it was complimentary on port days. He/she should be the most knowledgeable and he arranged the first one for me. Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

I completely understand the point you are making. However it is embarrassing enough to casually mention it to the Bistro staff and then follow up with guest relations, asking a third person would be too much.

A lady called Michelle in guest relations did specifically contact Miami and was made aware of this very thread and the 'official' posters comments, she is well aware of the cruise critic forum.

However, on board the staff take their direction from Miami and not the comments written on here and so the charge stands according to guest relations on Millennium.

It's all a little frustrating to be honest, my historical posts will show that we booked a suite only after they sorted the Luminae farce out, then we booked a second suite on this sailing before Celebrity went back on their word. :rolleyes:

I'm losing trust in X to be honest, they make a lot of changes and these always seem to be to the detriment of the customer. Actually considering cancelling our Caribbean sailing after they have changed the itinerary, increased charges and are not delivering on their dining promises. It puts me off using them really.