Solstice Live: Australia/NZ/Hawaii, Many Pix’s, Jan. 20-Feb. 3

TLCOhio

From the Telegraph in London last week, they have this headline: "Milford Sound, New Zealand: Trip of a Lifetime" with many comprehensive details, potentials and options outlined by their travel expert.

This story includes these highlights: "Milford Sound is the poster-boy, the talisman, the icon of New Zealand’s South Island. All the reasons that inspire travellers to make the long journey are concentrated in this out-of-the-way, pristine corner of Fiordland. Scenic roads, well-marked trails and peaceful cruises, combined with the pellucid waters and the temperate rainforests that cling desperately to steep mountains. Even professional photographers cannot adequately capture the majesty of the landscape or convey the cool clarity of the air."

This story notes that the mainly UK readers of Telegraph Travel picked New Zealand as 'their favourite place on the planet in 2012, 2013 and 2014. Lots of people seem to agree, and Milford Sound alone receives about half a million visitors each year."

While there last year, we got a good, quick overview sampling from Milford Sound, seeing the nearby rainforest, doing the 73-mile route to Te Anau, rated as one of the highest and most scenic highways in New Zealand. Plus, we had our fun time in and around Queenstown, etc. It's definitely worth doing much more in this area. Lots of ideas are offered in this article. Weather can definitely be a gamble and variable.

This story has a number of pictures and other helpful details, especially if you can spend added time here, above just a sail through. Here are some other interesting items listed: "Rudyard Kipling called Milford Sound the "Eighth Wonder of the World". The southern summer is our winter. Most people arrive in the peak months of January and February. December and March-April are good options for decent weather and fewer people. Milford Sound receives an average yearly rainfall of approximately 300 inches. The weather is famous for its ability to deteriorate – or improve – inside a very short period of time. Maori used the Milford Track route to collect pounamu – greenstone – an indigenous jade used in tools and jewellery, and passed on from generation to generation."

Full story at:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/australiaandpacific/newzealand/11918573/Milford-Sound-New-Zealand-how-to-visit-cruises-and-the-best-tours.html

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Super loved Dubrovnik!!! See more details and lots of great visual samples/examples at this link. Have had over 30,157 views on this posting and appreciate those who have tuned-in and dropped by.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1439227

• 4 weeks later...

From the Independent newspaper in London/UK, they had this headline on Tuesday earlier this week: "Sydney’s hip harbourside The Rocks: A journey from criminal to cultural".

Here are some of their story highlights: "​Sydney's first settlement has a colourful past and a bright future. The Rocks hides its less than salubrious past beneath a veneer of tourist allure. Sydney's first European settlement, right on the shoreline, flanked by the Harbour Bridge and the Opera House, has been restless since the moment the British First Fleet disgorged its convicts there in 1788 and created the colony that burgeoned into Australia. This area has always been a shock absorber, withstanding 19th-century notoriety as the heartland of booze and brothels, roamed by ruffians, cops and criminals, then becoming Sydney's booming trade hub with warehouses occupying the waterfront, crawling up and over the hill, creating a nexus of streets and long back alleys."

This detailed profile has lots of specific ideas and potentials to consider for seeing, doing, etc., while visiting this area of Sydney. We just loved walking around The Rocks, soaking up its amazing history, charm and character. Plus, it is so handy for where many board their cruise ship, go to the Opera House and Harbour Bridge, etc.

Below are a few more of my pictures from The Rocks that I had not previously posted on this thread.

Full story at:

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/ausandpacific/sydney-s-hip-harbourside-the-rocks-a-journey-from-criminal-to-cultural-a6719126.html

From our Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean combo sailing over 26 days that started in Barbados, here is the link below to that live/blog. Lots of great visuals from this amazing Brazil river and these various Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, etc.) that we experienced. Check it out at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

Now at 31,963 views for these postings.

Here is a sampling of my pictures for certain views in and around The Rocks of Sydney. These visuals are reflecting just a few of its dining and shopping options, plus this setting with its historic architecture, nearness to the Harbour Bridge, etc.:

Oct2015PixsA9_zps4ttqb8oy.jpg

Oct2015PixsA11_zpslxrbvwks.jpg

Oct2015PixsA13_zpsy9g2aakw.jpg

Oct2015PixsA12_zps5jlfjo2c.jpg

Oct2015PixsA14_zpso2pykyxu.jpg

Oct2015PixsA10_zpss2vwgpzv.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished reading your wonderful thread. We're heading over the pond for Feb-March. Will fly several places in Australia and cruise around NZ. Going with friends from Cairns and Melbourne. Should be great to see the countries through their eyes.

Reading about the bridge climb, it's making me consider it. Will let you know if I decide to do it.

I don't think we'll get to Kangaroo Is, hopefully we'll get back that way again and add more to our agenda. We will get to the Blue Mountains, though.

Will have to check out your Croatia thread next. Heading there in the spring.

If I recall correctly, you haven't done Alaska yet. You definitely must do so. You've travelled around the world and the backyard is sometimes so close, that we wait on it.

Again, thanks for an enjoyable read

Linda

From the Telegraph in London last week, they have this headline: "Milford Sound, New Zealand: Trip of a Lifetime" with many comprehensive details, potentials and options outlined by their travel expert.

This story includes these highlights: "Milford Sound is the poster-boy, the talisman, the icon of New Zealand’s South Island. All the reasons that inspire travellers to make the long journey are concentrated in this out-of-the-way, pristine corner of Fiordland. Scenic roads, well-marked trails and peaceful cruises, combined with the pellucid waters and the temperate rainforests that cling desperately to steep mountains. Even professional photographers cannot adequately capture the majesty of the landscape or convey the cool clarity of the air."

This story notes that the mainly UK readers of Telegraph Travel picked New Zealand as 'their favourite place on the planet in 2012, 2013 and 2014. Lots of people seem to agree, and Milford Sound alone receives about half a million visitors each year."

While there last year, we got a good, quick overview sampling from Milford Sound, seeing the nearby rainforest, doing the 73-mile route to Te Anau, rated as one of the highest and most scenic highways in New Zealand. Plus, we had our fun time in and around Queenstown, etc. It's definitely worth doing much more in this area. Lots of ideas are offered in this article. Weather can definitely be a gamble and variable.

This story has a number of pictures and other helpful details, especially if you can spend added time here, above just a sail through. Here are some other interesting items listed: "Rudyard Kipling called Milford Sound the "Eighth Wonder of the World". The southern summer is our winter. Most people arrive in the peak months of January and February. December and March-April are good options for decent weather and fewer people. Milford Sound receives an average yearly rainfall of approximately 300 inches. The weather is famous for its ability to deteriorate – or improve – inside a very short period of time. Maori used the Milford Track route to collect pounamu – greenstone – an indigenous jade used in tools and jewellery, and passed on from generation to generation."

Full story at:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/australiaandpacific/newzealand/11918573/Milford-Sound-New-Zealand-how-to-visit-cruises-and-the-best-tours.html

Super loved Dubrovnik!!! See more details and lots of great visual samples/examples at this link. Have had over 30,157 views on this posting and appreciate those who have tuned-in and dropped by.

A question for you. We are interested in the South Islands cruise on April 3, 2017 and since you are a good one to ask, how is the weather there. Are we missing out by only going to the south. Thanks.

Hi terry.

Enjoyed your trip report of Hawaii to Australia via Tahiti.

Just wondering if you have any idea of the best cruising months for this trip as there is so many sea days involved and we are trying to narrow down the best month/s weather wise.

Thanks terry.

Bob & Christine, ( Gold Coast, Australia )

Just finished reading your wonderful thread. We're heading over the pond for Feb-March. Will fly several places in Australia and cruise around NZ. Going with friends from Cairns and Melbourne. Should be great to see the countries through their eyes. Reading about the bridge climb, it's making me consider it. Will let you know if I decide to do it. Will have to check out your Croatia thread next. Heading there in the spring. If I recall correctly, you haven't done Alaska yet. You definitely must do so. You've travelled around the world and the backyard is sometimes so close, that we wait on it. Again, thanks for an enjoyable read. Linda

Merriem: A question for you. We are interested in the South Islands cruise on April 3' date=' 2017 and since you are a good one to ask, how is the weather there. Are we missing out by only going to the south. Thanks. [/quote']

portcbob: Hi terry. Enjoyed your trip report of Hawaii to Australia via Tahiti. Just wondering if you have any idea of the best cruising months for this trip as there is so many sea days involved and we are trying to narrow down the best month/s weather wise. Thanks terry. Bob & Christine' date=' (Gold Coast, Australia) [/quote']

Appreciate these nice follow-ups!! Sorry, for Merriem, Bob and Christine, but we have not done Tahiti and/or the South Pacific to be able to speak to these long and interesting sailing opportunities, etc. Sounds like fun and interesting "adventures"!!

On Alaska, yes, that is on our future to-do listing. BUT, things closer to home are always easier to reach and do as we age and/or international travel/situations get more challenging. Right now, we are less than two months from departing for Qatar, South Africa, Botswana, Victoria's Falls, etc.

For mrspaper, let me know any questions for Dubrovnik, Kotor, etc. Great areas and many exciting potentials are there.

Did a June 7-19, 2011, cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc. We are now at 206,914 views for this live/blog re-cap, including much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Hi Terry,

I enjoyed your Australia/NZ review when you wrote it and we are considering it for a future trip. Would love to read your Croatia review...how do I find it?

My hubby and I were in South Africa, Victoria Falls and Botswana in October. Feel free to email me if you have any questions. It was awesome!

ccrosner at aol

[quote name=

My hubby and I were in South Africa, Victoria Falls and Botswana in October. Feel free to email me if you have any questions. It was awesome!

[/quote]

Did you travel with a company and which one?

Edited by Jade13

Hi Terry, I enjoyed your Australia/NZ review when you wrote it and we are considering it for a future trip. Would love to read your Croatia review...how do I find it? My hubby and I were in South Africa, Victoria Falls and Botswana in October. Feel free to email me if you have any questions. It was awesome! ccrosner at aol

Appreciate your kind comments on my Aust-NZ reporting. Below are my detailed info, photo, etc., for Dubrovnik and Kotor. Will you visit both of these great areas? Don't worry about "hijacking" a thread. When you have a question, it is good to ask. Don't be shy!!

Will do a follow up about your experiences and tips connected with South Africa, Victoria Falls and Botswana. Our excitement is really building for that "adventure".

Super loved Dubrovnik!!! See more details and lots of great visual samples/examples at this link. Have had over 30,409 views on this posting and appreciate those who have tuned-in and dropped by.

Wonderful Kotor and nearby Montenegro? Check these postings. Have had over 25,605 views on this posting and appreciate those who have tuned-in and commented.:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1439193

Hi terry.

Enjoyed your trip report of Hawaii to Australia via Tahiti.

Just wondering if you have any idea of the best cruising months for this trip as there is so many sea days involved and we are trying to narrow down the best month/s weather wise.

Thanks terry.

Bob & Christine, ( Gold Coast, Australia )

You will probably find you can only do this in April (northbound) and September (southbound).

We have already done the northbound trip and are taking the southbound trip September next year.

Some Princess cruises Sydney-Sydney do itineraries which circle the Pacific but only once a year.

Yes there are a lot of sea days, some people love them some people find them not so much fun. If you love being on the sea and relaxing then you will find sea days are wonderful.

Yes there are a lot of sea days' date=' some people love them some people find them not so much fun. If you love being on the sea and relaxing then you will find sea days are wonderful.[/quote']

Appreciate this added info from Valerie and Ian. Very helpful. Yes, there are pro/con factors associated with sea-days. Much depends on your personality, style, interests, etc., to consider. Personal choice!!

From the New York Times Travel Section this past Sunday, they have this headline: "36 Hours in Adelaide, Australia" with this subheadline: "No longer simply a stop on the way to its celebrated wine region, the city has seen a revival of cafes and an arts scene."

Here are a few summary points from their profile to consider: "Adelaide is Australia’s unsung city, a perfectly pretty destination on the southern coast, whose many charms are regularly eclipsed by the more glamorous Sydney and Melbourne. Most tourists who do fly into Adelaide are more often than not merely availing themselves of its airport en route to nearby Kangaroo Island or South Australia’s 18 celebrated wine regions, which have made Adelaide Australia’s wine capital. But these days the city is shining as a destination in its own right, and those who do decide to stay are in for a treat: Adelaide has elegant architecture and colonial beauty to spare, and a revival of independent cafes and bars and a booming arts scene have lately given the city a creative edge."

This profile offers many options to consider for places to visit within Adelaide, options for food and drinks, etc. Yes, we were "guilty" of using Adelaide as a "stop-over" point in going to and coming back from Kangaroo Island. Super loved K.I.!! BUT, we got to do a little sampling of the town and enjoyed our experiences there. Their airport was very new and nice. Not massive and sprawled out. Lots of reasons to head back, BOTH, for seeing more at Kangaroo Island and around in interesting Adelaide, etc.

Full story at:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/11/27/travel/what-to-do-in-36-hours-in-adelaide-australia.html?rref=collection%2Fsectioncollection%2Ftravel&action=click&contentCollection=travel&region=rank&module=package&version=highlights&contentPlacement=6&pgtype=sectionfront&_r=0

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 189,495 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

From the London/UK Guardian late last month, they have this headline: "48 hours in Wellington, New Zealand: where to go, what to do" with this sub-head: "It’s cool-as, cute, culinarily blessed and compact. Wherever you are in the Kiwi capital, you’re a 10-minute stroll from the next place you want to be."

As noted earlier, we very much enjoyed our time in Wellington, NZ. Very interesting, scenic, sophisticated, friendly, etc. Here are a few more highlights from this profile with many options to consider: "Creative, well caffeinated and culinarily blessed, Wellington is surprisingly compact. The central area of New Zealand’s capital is just 2km across. You’ll need every bit of exercise you can get to stoke your appetite: Wellington is packed with cool-as cafes, boutique food factories and exceptional restaurants. If you don’t adore food, maybe you should try another city. With everything so close, there’s plenty of time to just sit and smell the coffee."

There are mentions on options such as Cuba Street, Te Papa, Wellington’s fine-dining Logan Brown, etc. We enjoyed all three of these, plus much more. This story brings back nice memories.

Full story at:

http://www.theguardian.com/travel/2015/nov/30/48-hours-in-wellington-new-zealand-where-to-go-what-to-do

From our Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean combo sailing over 26 days that started in Barbados, here is the link below to that live/blog. Lots of great visuals from this amazing Brazil river and these various Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, etc.) that we experienced. Check it out at:

Now at 32,937 views for these postings.

Edited by TLCOhio

• 2 weeks later...

From the London/UK Daily Mail newspaper this week, they have this headline based on a profile in Conde Nast Traveler: "World-class beaches, a burgeoning foodie scene... and it's affordable: Why Australia has been named the top destination for 2016". Here are some of the story's key sub-heads: "Named Australia ultimate must-visit country. Canberra is 'the capital of cool,' Adelaide's wine country praised, Melbourne's food scene, bohemian Byron Bay highlighted."

Here are some more of the story details: "There's only one place you need to consider. With 7.27 million visitors over the last year alone, if you haven't yet booked a trip to Australia, it's time. Praised as a destination where 'nothing is impossible,' there's plenty to see and experience Down Under. Most famously, the Great Barrier Reef and the Outback. Conde Nast Traveler has named the destination its one and only pick for the upcoming year. No one forgets their first time. Among the different parts of the country that Conde Nast Traveler recommends the remote, yet rapidly-growing Perth and Adelaide, namely for their wine country. Don't forget to squeeze in a quick trip to Tasmania - and its Museum of Old and New Art. While there are plenty of high-end restaurants to choose from in the metropolitan centres, you can't do better than the local seafood specialities, such as oysters and slipper lobsters, known as 'bugs.' "

There are lots of pictures and other details contained in this story. Or, Google for the original story from Conde Nast Traveler. Sounds like the word is getting out even more and those pesky tourist might be coming in higher numbers for the future. We super enjoyed our time there one early 2014.

Full story at:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3363945/World-class-beaches-burgeoning-foodie-scene-s-affordable-Australia-named-destination-2016.html

Did a June 7-19, 2011, cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc. We are now at 207,364 views for this live/blog re-cap, including much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

Thx for posting about the great press Australia has been receiving. When we went the first time, Mr. B. said, well, that was nice, but we won't be returning. Thank goodness it was about five years later when we were fortunate enough to return, and to add New Zealand as well.

In port in Hobart, we took a city bus to the MONA! Then Mr. B. decided it was too nice a day to go inside, so I zipped through the museum all by myself. It was really something (and I almost missed it, but an Aussie friend we saw before we embarked mentioned it).

Keep enjoying, Terry and all Terry's readers. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Terry, what a gem you are Thx for posting about the great press Australia has been receiving. When we went the first time, Mr. B. said, well, that was nice, but we won't be returning. Thank goodness it was about five years later when we were fortunate enough to return, and to add New Zealand as well. In port in Hobart, we took a city bus to the MONA! Then Mr. B. decided it was too nice a day to go inside, so I zipped through the museum all by myself. It was really something (and I almost missed it, but an Aussie friend we saw before we embarked mentioned it). Keep enjoying, Terry and all Terry's readers. :D

Appreciate so much from May in Florida your kind comments and sharing. Very nice and helpful. This posting is now over 130,000 views and appreciate those dropping by here, making comments, asking questions, etc. Keep 'em coming! Don't be shy!

From the Travel Section of the London/UK Independent newspaper yesterday, they have this headline: "Auckland travel tips: Where to go and what to see" and with this sub-head: "New Zealand's largest city is blessed with natural good looks and a buzzing dining scene".

Here are some of the story highlights: "New Zealand's largest city is the gateway to a land of fine wine, Lord of the Rings scenery. But before heading off, set aside a couple of days to explore this sub-tropical, multi-cultural destination that one third of all Kiwis call home. Regularly rated as one of the world's most liveable cities, Auckland is blessed with beautiful beaches, a thriving dining scene and centred on a volcanic isthmus, framed by two harbours and surrounded by farmland. The Pacific to the east and Tasman Sea to the west are less than an hour's drive apart."

This lengthy profile has lots of details on where to stay, places to eat, shopping, getting around town, etc. There are various pictures, downtown map of highlights, etc. This story brings back nice memories from the fun we had in Auckland two years ago. Lots of variety, interesting architecture, etc. here in Auckland.

Full story at:

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/48-hours-in/auckland-travel-tips-where-to-go-and-what-to-see-in-48-hours-a6789951.html

Wonderful Kotor and nearby Montenegro? Check these postings. Have had over 26,133 views on this posting and appreciate those who have tuned-in and commented.:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1439193

Edited by TLCOhio

Loved your review as it gave me lots of ideas for my upcoming similar itinerary on HAL. Question, please, regarding the overland trip Milford Sound to Dunedin. HAL lists the activity level as "strenuous". You didn't mention anything too bad, so what do you think they are implying? I asked their shore dept. and they could only guess that it is 2 long, long, days off and on bus, etc. I get that part from reading the itinerary. Anything else to add? Love your great photos and detailed info. Thanks.

Loved your review as it gave me lots of ideas for my upcoming similar itinerary on HAL. Question, please, regarding the overland trip Milford Sound to Dunedin. HAL lists the activity level as "strenuous". You didn't mention anything too bad, so what do you think they are implying? I asked their shore dept. and they could only guess that it is 2 long, long, days off and on bus, etc. I get that part from reading the itinerary. Anything else to add? Love your great photos and detailed info. Thanks.

Appreciate so much your kind comments on my reports/visuals and this excellent question on activity levels for this two-day, Queenstown overnight "adventure". We had four other couples with us and all ten of us were in the age range from early 60's to early 70's. Some of us have the usual "gimps" and not being track/sports stars. Nothing was that physically challenging!! YES, as they noted, it is two long days and you will do lots of getting off and back on the bus. There was some walking in a rainforest and along a shopping street. Things, however, were fairly level where we walked. BUT, in my view it is all fairly manageable.

Their summary of "2 long, long, days off and on bus" seems mostly very accurate. Clearly, you have a choice at some stops to walk only a little . . . OR . . . do more in the time available at each stop.

Does this help? Any other questions? Happy to share more!

If Venice is one of your future desires or past favorites, look at this earlier posting for many options and visual samples this city that is so great for "walking around", personally seeing its great history and architecture. This posting is now at 55,981 views.

Venice: Loving It & Why??!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1278226

Need some ideas about where to travel and visit in the future? Seeking some locations that are different and distant? You might check out this New York Times Travel Section coming out tomorrow morning. They have this headline: "52 Places to Go in 2016" with these sub-headline highlights: "It’s a big world out there, so we’ve narrowed it down for you. From ancient temples to crystalline waters, here are our top destinations to visit this year."

One of our favorites, Sydney, is on this NY Times 2016 tops listing. Not everyone will find all of these locations to be personal priorities, but it gets the brain working to be dreaming, research and wishing on future travel options. Here is more on what they are saying about Sydney: "Home to beaches and national parks, Sydney is a city outdoor lovers can embrace. Expanding that appeal, two new developments have turned industrial plots into beauty spots. Opened in September, the new Barangaroo Reserve reclaimed 14 acres once piled with shipping containers on the harbor. Inspired by the precolonial landscape, the newly contoured headland edged in sandstone features a shoreside promenade and, temporarily, the Copenhagen restaurant Noma, which will take up residency this month for 10 weeks. The Goods Line, a new elevated walkway, opened in August, repurposing a defunct train line. More reclamation: the new Old Clare Hotel joining a 19th-century pub and brewery offices. More convenience: American Airlines introduced daily Sydney to Los Angeles flights in December."

In their top five, they have two Europe locations that we have not, yet, visited. These are Bordeaux and Malta. Been nearby to both, but need to do each of these in the future.

Sixth on their list is Mozambique that we will visit during our cruise on Feb. 6. It will only be a brief stop there for us, but we will be able to check off that country on our list as having been there. From this NY Times profile, they note a few of these highlights that focus on their new island lodges and beach breaks. This Times story notes: "Mozambique is a forward-thinking African leader that offers a terrific mix of safari and beach. The bustling capital, Maputo, is experiencing a budding tolerance. Mozambique’s tranquil coast continues to draw travelers of all kinds in search of post-safari snorkel and surfing options."

Full story at:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/01/07/travel/places-to-visit.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=mini-moth&region=top-stories-below&WT.nav=top-stories-below&_r=0

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 191,813 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

This story has a large picture of the Barangaroo Reserve site. Below is that visual used by the NY Times in connection with their story/profile. Great shot of the overall Sydney Harbor area. Thought that it would be good to post and share here.

Did a June 7-19, 2011, cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc. We are now at 207,894 views for this live/blog re-cap, including much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

Below is the visual used by the NY Times to show what has been done with this Barangaroo Reserve reclamation project. Looks great and very interesting!:

Jan2016PixsA2_zpsnh5a3yrq.jpg

There is lots happening in Sydney at the moment. I read that we currently have the second largest number of cranes operating in the world, after Dubai. Sydney is pretty much fueling the growth of the economy in Australia and keeping us out of recession. Along with the low dollar which is pushing both inbound tourism as well as encouraging Aussies to holiday more at home.

By The Bay: Stunning Photo Terry. It was announced last year that the marine control tower located in the foreground at Barangaroo is to be removed.

On one of the Aussie/NZ CC boards' date=' two folks posted these excellent above items of added information for what is happening now in Sydney. [b']Very fascinating and interesting!! [/b] Like learning more and following the progress in Australia as we prepare for a future return trip. BUT, that will be a few years off. Off to Africa later this month for the first time. Other travel priorities are also ahead of us before we are able to get back "down under".

Also appreciate these kind/cute comments by MicCanberra of "Aussie tourism's Ohio delegate has done it again" and UT2407's "Might need to change your handle to TLC Aus". Fun stuff by these two great Aussie CC Board stars!!

Now at 34,490 views for these postings.

We really enjoyed our B2B Australia/NZ & Thailand/Singapore cruise last February and we look forward to crusing on Solstice in April 2015 from Sydney to French Polynesia/Hawaii, and then on to Vancouver. Your review will help us remember our last vacation 'down under' and also get us thinking about our vacation in 2015.

)

Terry,

Where can I find your B2B Australia/NZ & Thailand/Singapore cruise blog on CC? Enjoyed reading your blog on Australia/NZ via Hawaii. Very helpful! I might be able to help you with Africa.

Debbie

Florida

Edited by supersecdd
redundant

Terry, I have been reading your posts for the last few nites. We will be going on a cruise to those places next year. I know you can't post who your ta was on cc but if I gave you my email would you tell me their name. I don't have a ta for any of my cruises and I am looking for a good one.

Thanks

Barb

Terry, Where can I find your B2B Australia/NZ & Thailand/Singapore cruise blog on CC? Enjoyed reading your blog on Australia/NZ via Hawaii. Very helpful! I might be able to help you with Africa. Debbie Florida

Yes, Debbie, I would also enjoying reading about our adventures doing a B2B Australia/NZ & Thailand/Singapore cruise. It was a "low-cost" trip!!?? BUT, sorry, we have not, yet, done such a travel trip. Thailand/Singapore, etc., are definitely on our future to-do listing, but right now our next trip will be South Africa/Botswana. Depart for that first trip in Africa in just two weeks.

Super loved Dubrovnik!!! See more details and lots of great visual samples/examples at this link. Have had over 30,588 views on this posting and appreciate those who have tuned-in and dropped by.

Terry, I have been reading your posts for the last few nites. We will be going on a cruise to those places next year. I know you can't post who your ta was on cc but if I gave you my email would you tell me their name. I don't have a ta for any of my cruises and I am looking for a good one.

Thanks. Barb

Hi, Barb! Sorry that I am the "guilty party" in keeping you up late at night reading my posts. Yes, happy to answer more questions. Just post your e-mail and I can follow-up from there.

Did a “Solstice: Visuals, Highlights Shared!” summary from two different adventures on this ship with many pictures and other details on its many options. This includes our recent Australia to New Zealand sailing. Check it out, including these early 2014 updates, at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1803477

Now at 36,075 views for this posting.