Meet & Mingle Registration Issues (June 11, 2015)

Andy

Hi Everyone,

We've been made aware of registration issues for the Cruise Critic Meet and Mingle event. Celebrity is aware of the issue, and is working on a resolution.

In the meantime.... not to worry ! Celebrity has advised us, the Meet and Mingle will continue as usual. A sign up sheet will be available at Guest Relations, so please make sure to sign up. In addition, Meet and Mingle information will be posted at the onboard Community Bulletin board - also located near Guest Relations.

Our thanks to Celebrity for the workaround. We'll keep you posted. Please stay tuned !

Edited by Host Andy

Thank you, Andy! I passed the information on to the folks on two of my roll-calls, where folks have been experiencing sign-up difficulties.

And, CelebrityCruises -- I have faith in you. When a handful of roll-calls had this problem a few months ago, you kept us up-to-date, until it was fixed. Looks like we could use your help again. I really hope that it doesn't take as long this time, though. Roll-call participation tends to suffer, when folks can't sign up for the Connections Party.

Hi Everyone,

We've been made aware of registration issues for the Cruise Critic Meet and Mingle event. Celebrity is aware of the issue, and is working on a resolution.

In the meantime.... not to worry ! Celebrity has advised us, the Meet and Mingle will continue as usual. A sign up sheet will be available at Guest Relations, so please make sure to sign up. In addition, Meet and Mingle information will be posted at the onboard Community Bulletin board - also located near Guest Relations.

Our thanks to Celebrity for the workaround. We'll keep you posted. Please stay tuned !

our group had not yet the minimum requirements yet and we cannot sign up, what will happen to it?

As Andy posted, sign up on ship.

I saw Andy's post but I think he might be assuming our group already has met the 25 minimum members and it has not so there is a chance the ship may not be aware we want one, which is why I am asking this question, so again what will happen if the minimum does not show as met does anyone know?

I saw Andy's post but I think he might be assuming our group already has met the 25 minimum members and it has not so there is a chance the ship may not be aware we want one, which is why I am asking this question, so again what will happen if the minimum does not show as met does anyone know?

Hi Janet,

Celebrity has posted their position on this issue in two places on this board. It is on the main Celebrity board just three down from this thread. The title is "Sticky: Cruise Critic Meet and Mingle Events." It is under Post #1 dated 1/9/2015, and it was reiterated on that same thread, Post #62 dated 6/10/2015. Celebrity seems to have IT issues and this is the policy they roll out when it occurs. Just to clarify for you, the policy states:

"We're aware that some of our guests are having issues registering for our Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle events that take place on our ships. We value the Cruise Critic community, and we want to make sure that these events still occur.

If you are having an issue registering, once on board, you will be able to visit Guest Relations where a sign up sheet will be prepared. Spare invitations will also be made available once registered. The Community Bulletin Board will clearly state the time and location of the Cruise Critic event. Lastly, these events will occur even if the registration does not reach 25 members!

We apologize for any inconvenience, but want to ensure that while we fix this issue, our guests are still able to enjoy these Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle events. Thanks!"

I would assume that once the issue is fixed that the required 25 registrations will go back into effect.

Celebrity should post on this thread when the issue has been resolved. Sometimes, I understand, it has taken quite awhile for the issue to be fixed.

I hope this helps to set your mind at ease. Happy cruising!

Connie :)

Will we get an E-mail confirmation when website fixed of our registration?

Once the website is fixed and you are finally able to register online for the Meet and Mingle Party, Celebrity will indeed send you an e-mail confirmation of your registration. However, that is not going to occur until the website is fixed.

Connie:):)

The website is still not working correctly. Yesterday we had 25 people signed up for our party; today it reflects only 13. Some registrants somewhere are not being counted. In addition, the website gives you an error message on occasion when you try to sign up so you try again. Finally you give up and think you will try again later. When you go to your e-mail you have two e-mails saying "You Have Made a Connection." Definitely not fixed yet.

Celebrity, just wanted to make you aware of the latest glitch.

Connie

The website is still not working correctly. Yesterday we had 25 people signed up for our party; today it reflects only 13. Some registrants somewhere are not being counted. In addition, the website gives you an error message on occasion when you try to sign up so you try again. Finally you give up and think you will try again later. When you go to your e-mail you have two e-mails saying "You Have Made a Connection." Definitely not fixed yet.

Celebrity, just wanted to make you aware of the latest glitch.

Connie

I meant to tell you that we are seeing these issues related to the 5/26/2016 sailing on the Silhouette in case that information helps you find out what is going on. Thank You! Connie

Yes, I'm on the same sailing as Connie (Edgewater), and I can tell you that our Connections sign-up link is on the fritz again! I signed up last Friday, as soon as I heard it was working again. Took a couple of tries (please do something about that annoying "survey" pop-up), but I was finally successful -- and got to the screen that said 13 people had registered. We put the word out on our r/c and several folks signed up that day. By the end of the day, people reported that we had gotten to the magic number "25". Next day, it showed that we only have 13 people registered! Well, unless 12 of our previously registered roll-callers canceled, without saying anything to us -- those latest numbers are impossible!

Celebrity, please get this fixed! Folks are going to get frustrated with having their time wasted, trying to do something that USED TO take less that five minutes to accomplish! :mad:

We were able to sign up for Jan 2016 on Equinox yesterday.......we now have 22 out of 25...hoping we do not get deleted....esp since some folks had to try numerous times to "get through.."

We were able to sign up for Jan 2016 on Equinox yesterday.......we now have 22 out of 25...hoping we do not get deleted....esp since some folks had to try numerous times to "get through.."

I thought I would let you know that Celebrity got their records corrected related to our Connections Party. We were at 25, they took us down to 13, then up to 17 and now we are back up to 27. I am not sure what was going on, but in our case, I think all is fixed at the moment. You might want to make note of your count so in case you find that you have lost some, you can let them know.

Happy Cruising, Connie

• 2 weeks later...

Has this registration problem been resolved?

I am trying to sign up for a cruise in Jan 2016 on Silhouette. We are listed as booked on the Celebrity web site. The Connections sign up is saying "Cruise critic registration is not allowed for bookings in a status other than booked."

Is this the problem everyone is having, or is this an issue with having booked through a TA? Not sure who to contact with this issue.

Thanks for your help.

Has this registration problem been resolved?

I am trying to sign up for a cruise in Jan 2016 on Silhouette. We are listed as booked on the Celebrity web site. The Connections sign up is saying "Cruise critic registration is not allowed for bookings in a status other than booked."

Is this the problem everyone is having, or is this an issue with having booked through a TA? Not sure who to contact with this issue.

Thanks for your help.

The message you are getting on the site is not the same one the rest of us were getting when we were having difficulty earlier being able to sign up for the connections party. We are on a 5/2016 cruise on the Silhouette and those of us who were having trouble registering were finally able to do so, and no one has indicated any problems currently. I don't think it has anything to do with your TA either unless your TA has not finalized the reservation yet with Celebrity. I believe I would start with your TA just to make sure they have completed all the transactions with Celebrity and then I would contact customer service at Celebrity, explain to them the message you are getting, and ask if they can advise you as to what is going on. Good Luck! Please keep us posted.

Connie