Recent/Current Reflection Cruisers - Lunch in Luminae on Port Days?

jenniebnyc

Hi:

Can anyone confirm that Reflection is not serving lunch in Luminae on port days? I believe someone recently posted this during a Live Post. I would like to reconfirm.

Also, if this is true, can someone from Celebrity please rationalize why there is no lunch once again...and will you fix this once again.

Thanks!!

Hi:

Can anyone confirm that Reflection is not serving lunch in Luminae on port days? I believe someone recently posted this during a Live Post. I would like to reconfirm.

Also, if this is true, can someone from Celebrity please rationalize why there is no lunch once again...and will you fix this once again.

Thanks!!

A Celebrity Cruise rep just verified on another thread that there will be no lunch at Luminae on port days. Bistro on Five will be free for lunch for Suite guests on port days.

I'm assuming lunch at Luminae on port days had a small turn out and they couldn't justify keeping it open.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Thanks.

IMO, Bistro on Five is disgusting. I ate there once and never again. Wait staff is clueless. The service is slow beyond belief. Food always cold. And what is it, a $7 upcharge? Hardly a gourmet Luminae dining experience. Unreal. Truly.

Thanks.

IMO, Bistro on Five is disgusting. I ate there once and never again. Wait staff is clueless. The service is slow beyond belief. Food always cold. And what is it, a $7 upcharge? Hardly a gourmet Luminae dining experience. Unreal. Truly.

I had lunch at Bistro on Five today because Luminae was closed and it was much better than I remember in the past. You might want to try it again to confirm. By the way it would normally be $10 a person.

Thanks.

I had exactly the opposite experience at Bistro on Five, and I'm very happy I'll have that option for lunches on port days as a suite passenger.

Hi:

Thanks!!

Beginning on 10/23/15, Reflection will only offer lunch on embarkation day and on sea days (versus every day). Breakfast and dinner will still be served every single day.

We constantly review our guest and travel partner feedback, which tells us that our guests and trade partners love Luminae. We also know that lunch in Luminae is most desired on embarkation day and days at sea, which led to this slight adjustment in lunch service.

If you would like to have lunch onboard while in port, several venues and services are available: Bistro on Five, Oceanview Cafe, room service etc. Bistro on Five is now complimentary, during lunch on port days, for our Suite Class guests.

Beginning on 10/23/15, Reflection will only offer lunch on embarkation day and on sea days (versus every day). Breakfast and dinner will still be served every single day.

We constantly review our guest and travel partner feedback, which tells us that our guests and trade partners love Luminae. We also know that lunch in Luminae is most desired on embarkation day and days at sea, which led to this slight adjustment in lunch service.

If you would like to have lunch onboard while in port, several venues and services are available: Bistro on Five, Oceanview Cafe, room service etc. Bistro on Five is now complimentary, during lunch on port days, for our Suite Class guests.

I still think this is a terrible and unfair decision. SUITE LIFE is not so sweet any more. If I wanted to eat in Oceanview I would have not booked a suite.

Will you be extending breakfast on port days?

Can you please provide a current Bistro on Five menu as it currently reads on the Reflection?

Thank you.

Edited by jenniebnyc

This is NOT what was promised by you, and your CEO. How long should we rely on this version?

This is NOT what was promised by you, and your CEO. How long should we rely on this version?

Who can even believe these people anymore? Every day it's a different story that is not willingly announced by Celebrity but told to us by passengers first!

We are currently onboard Infinity and Luminae lunch was only offered on the first of 4 port days

I do find it unfortunate since there was an outcry a few months ago that caused Celebrity to offer lunch evey day.

I suspect there has been a small turnout for lunch on port days.

As a mininum Bistro on 5 should be a complimentary alternative.

• 2 weeks later...

Celebrity has now politely answered the question twice, on two different threads. Agree or not, we have an answer. I for one totally understand why they've back tracked on keeping Luminae open for lunch on port days; there are simply not enough guests. Too bad, but there are plenty of other venues. And offering Bistro on Five for free is a nice gesture and compromise. Using language as "disgusting" to describe Celebrity's food quite frankly only discredits everything else you've got to say.

Celebrity has now politely answered the question twice, on two different threads. Agree or not, we have an answer. I for one totally understand why they've back tracked on keeping Luminae open for lunch on port days; there are simply not enough guests. Too bad, but there are plenty of other venues. And offering Bistro on Five for free is a nice gesture and compromise. Using language as "disgusting" to describe Celebrity's food quite frankly only discredits everything else you've got to say.

Couldn't agree more. Do you know if the refunds are being made for each meal, or do you get dining credit in other specialty dining venues?

Celebrity: You might also consider having a SUITE LUNCH MENU offered in Bistro on Five so that suite passengers can eat something edible at this venue.

You are obviously in a minority. Can't eat in a particular restaurant on sea days and it is ruining the suite life. Get a grip on reality please.

Edited by dkjretired

You are obviously in a minority. Can't eat in a particular restaurant on sea days and it is ruining the suite life. Get a grip on reality please.

Not sure who you think you are talking to with that tone. Notice I ended this conversation weeks ago. Go bully someone else.

Can you show me where I have described Celebrity's food as disgusting?

Then once you have managed that, can you then show me where Celebrity have answered Jenniebnyc's question in respect to Puerto Rico please?

Finally, perhaps you'd be kind enough to explain if you can't answer either of those questions above why your silly post above doesn't discredit everything you have to say? :)

Hi:

Thanks!!

Beginning with sail dates on or after October 21, 2015, the operating hours of Luminae will be adjusted for lunch only (breakfast and dinner remain unchanged). We will only offer lunch on embarkation day and on sea days (versus every day).

We constantly review our guest and travel partner feedback, which tells us that our guests and trade partners love Luminae. We also know that lunch in Luminae is most desired on embarkation day and days at sea, which led to this slight adjustment in lunch service. This change gives Celebrity even more opportunities for the dedicated Luminae staff to continue providing our guests with a wide array of the freshest, handcrafted dishes and personalized service we’re known for.

Bistro on Five is now complimentary, during lunch on port days, for our Suite Class guests.

Can you show me where I have described Celebrity's food as disgusting?

Then once you have managed that, can you then show me where Celebrity have answered Jenniebnyc's question in respect to Puerto Rico please?

Finally, perhaps you'd be kind enough to explain if you can't answer either of those questions above why your silly post above doesn't discredit everything you have to say? :)

The poster (I think) was referring to my mention of Bistro on Five being disgusting and I stand by my statement, which was made weeks ago, so not sure why we are rehashing. I was served a cold crepe with gloppy cold fillings and the only word that comes to mind when I think about the meal is, disgusting. Sorry if that offends anyone, but that is my opinion.

Thank you for your follow up as I am still waiting to hear back from Celebrity on the respnses to my questions. They seem to be pretty easy ones to answer! :)

Beginning with sail dates on or after October 21, 2015, the operating hours of Luminae will be adjusted for lunch only (breakfast and dinner remain unchanged). We will only offer lunch on embarkation day and on sea days (versus every day).

We constantly review our guest and travel partner feedback, which tells us that our guests and trade partners love Luminae. We also know that lunch in Luminae is most desired on embarkation day and days at sea, which led to this slight adjustment in lunch service. This change gives Celebrity even more opportunities for the dedicated Luminae staff to continue providing our guests with a wide array of the freshest, handcrafted dishes and personalized service we’re known for.

Bistro on Five is now complimentary, during lunch on port days, for our Suite Class guests.

Is Puerto Rico a port day is my question? We dock at 3:30 which is well after lunch, ie, we will be "at sea" for lunch. Please advise. Also, please post the current Bo5 menu on Reflection. Thanks

Edited by jenniebnyc