CRUISE REVIEW: The Eastern Med on the beautiful Celebrity Reflection - August 2015

Miaminice

A great ship, beautiful destinations, outstanding service and incredibly nice people – in short, a perfect cruise at the end of which we had the sad feeling of having to leave friends and family behind.

Besides the class of ship, one decisive factor was the route with an overnight in Istanbul – a city both of us really wanted to see. But only a few days prior to departure we got the news which we had come to expect in light of recent developments: For security reasons, Istanbul was cancelled.

Of course, this was a disappointement at first – especially when we saw that they had replaced the overnight in Istanbul with an overnight in Piraeus/Athens. Athens had already been part of our Holy Land cruise. Interesting, for sure, but nothing we would have chosen for an overnight stop. A consolation was the fact that they had added two additional ports: Rhodes, which we already liked a lot the year before, and Chania/Crete, which at least I didn’t know.

The heading says it already – the disappointment was short-lived and we thoroughly enjoyed the journey to the fullest. But first things first ...

Sit back relax and travel to the Eastern Med with us. The first days are online on our website:

http://www.travelandcruise.net/travellove_en/Our-Trips/Reflection-Eastern-Med-01/reflection-eastern-med-01.html

Thank you to all of you for your positive response!

I am currently working on the next part with Santorin and Mykonos - that's where the picture postcard images start...

It will be online soon !

Edited by Miaminice

Unfortunately work is keeping me away from the things I really want to do ;-)

However, we will continue with Santorin and Mykonos the latest after the weekend. Sorry for the delay!

Here´s a teaser...

Santorin

vaHWBk_w4hqTRz4sy7kecc3RB9IVtzqHnV9pwILdnq6xuR7fU3U-JUCmwzV62cnYYavOOSXkH8xyhKFk4bsdeCTecGOcpE4BM0-ZyKT8VoQIX7fbkfUqJKyFIBGvhVydx8u0XaWHMkOvdcEa43MZyW_cdSAh6ehsMdySIu4inO-eJlVrlUTvS6bQ4ekP0bv4DwMjqkysgfFMBAP61rXZHCF6cvYkCyoWMolks537XJHLQgysbO2voRaAFnRzDJZvomapv2FtT0KjYCfTCx6L9x4MVvlhClITUSQwD35NXhqJu4pT-tptlrDaP8GmYWUzzXFDxoKrD0vOREQ3XQ72x1eMyd6NQXZA82p7GlbdqbCsieWCOB7coMROda5YNqGPFvkuzW4Kw9NK7eA3WTo-of94z_4h0-uw4BGVss7gQS6RTvJuQSdKGYqtJtkMna92KDwgTTrvwZD0tWZw7nPKQZ-kXjfSATNsoY--e5TP1rf2AzdVwQuxPWy2EC9CEX44s8hjlnxou8i79sw8mImEiCm9BQxbFnGwLid06jeMrIUk=w985-h836-no

Mykonos

5s2h6QhzAwt8-CyM3_zM4W9i9id1upCqOlv14ahB-l05CxKpocBrcAHuILFrICSSQndCQr5t0eC7pGaTthczR0wn0ZLBNF-hDPTNF_TfZKAceWmoXLPVps2apUberMmMM_GeEnMsMgqysnpX-ZaUakQmXGSpOo99n-qZVeO0vW1GFkTBprvgoqcnWjOEPJTJivYxp9VyjJ0sNnGAq4NuLgAsZX9iOSEcKU6O0NJEmL0-BR2Iv6tdww7I58wY4elpQcsOpq1ao0dhV2USIcklatd5bbIQe16OUZGvy7RRlmj4EGGBCjfKHfsMo1VpMH2RIqRC_A-I6GEQOgaCVDzfDm1owTuKsy1CZNba5FLaD72kQGTFzXgDLoLEsL1crYt3c8kTfhxHSxx5LslATei50fEZ3XLXIc7Fj84SG7EukvM28p58GyAXcdz584eYgVmsIrsZbYoXOYHvxWBWp5XavvsFn2gCs-H8JME99N126p--PsjPHzNDHLsFRW4G4os5DMTjVckwDKTSe4PUVTuFgB5ZK8tfY7Vd3k2C23J9_JxY=w985-h657-no

I'm enjoying your review and photos. We are booked on a similar route on Conne in April, so I'm excited to read your port reviews, as well. One quick clarifying question if you don't mind. There has been lots of talk on the boards about the new shuttle route at Civitavecchia. From your review it looked like you were able to access the port at the fort area and catch a port shuttle to the main access point. Is that correct? That provides a much shorter walk from the train station if we arrive mid-day at a time when the city shuttle isn't running. Thanks!

.... One quick clarifying question if you don't mind. There has been lots of talk on the boards about the new shuttle route at Civitavecchia. From your review it looked like you were able to access the port at the fort area and catch a port shuttle to the main access point.

First of all: Thank you!

Yes, that is correct!

On foot you can enter the port through a gate at the old castle. Shortly after the gate there´s a roundabout. Right behind the roundabout there is a bus stop (see attached pics). This bus takes you to the new main bus stop where you enter a bus which takes you to the ship. Sounds complicated - but it is actually very easy.

We walked from our hotel - which was right next to the train station. It took us less than ten minutes.

12-P1010009.jpg.6ccf81e24c1dc9f32a9183110d4909ea.jpg

Civ-b.jpg.71fe11cb3155905bd81b9619ea539eba.jpg

Dear fellow cruisers!

The next parts of our review are online - Santorin and Mykonos.

As to be expected with loads of photos...

FVGhoHuH5_CbqtCmTVGRJ1aXwxgjjyVNkNgtgQ5lOXEdWTKzrweCXlS6GU4Pyhbvca8J3pLImJWqIMgJf-wTvzHS-qxd-koJXBYl8Bn4on9gCkRsAxAtMZ5771Gcz8IYbFXIffkOWRakzE2EQGhDA2NyhlumbWEDkhgahDnS6cPf5ozVgA4QC7UWkEKWInT7fQ7hkMbkQPLm65oX83OZJFZDxtH1ABOh2-YBVvZC2EbyjVLXZHz4Z7dicpikUVtE4IV-5ah7DvWjpPDOEf0Z-XoKjgVpuT4c6X6XDnc32wkg8N09NEW5bX-Yi0-tgQKXMXnY-TLhb3orYg6WN60kvdDl8TbOXhjnFSeYwtQGNnrn0trcPURA3iFSya4hRptSdRPn-7AQgdbqC4SQGDtfFmxnQq2i8KZc4SKzU9yT8kw-QUUlhM5PQJPcHM8lkjMgWCXeD_2QKyvVEbCB-_yu0yZShc4exW9ya04sE-MvdsEuaocn296VNa3NYA3yim9qXKiCvkwt6NlOywDn8D87S6b6lsRn3ufnn6gm7NFW_awU=w400-h267-no

Sit back relax and travel to the Eastern Med with us...

Start with the new parts:

http://www.travelandcruise.net/travellove_en/Our-Trips/Reflection-Eastern-Med-01/Reflection-Eastern-Med-03/reflection-eastern-med-03.html

Start at day 1:

http://www.travelandcruise.net/travellove_en/Our-Trips/Reflection-Eastern-Med-01/reflection-eastern-med-01.html

Please post when you like the review :)

Thank you for all the positive feedback on our website!

We are trying to continue with the review as soon as possible. I am working on the next days (Athens) already. So please stay tuned... and also post here if you like the review!

Oliver

Thank you for all the positive feedback on our website!

We are trying to continue with the review as soon as possible. I am working on the next days (Athens) already. So please stay tuned... and also post here if you like the review!

Oliver

I simply cannot get enough! Looking forward to seeing more of your review. Thank you.

Thank you for taking the time. You have a great writing style and makes me feel like we are right there with you. Love your pictures. Santorini looks like a place I would love to explore.Looking forward to the rest. We are on Reflection this fall for transatlantic.