LIVE BLOG! From The Reflection! 11/28 & 12/5 b2b cruise....

chicagopaul

Hello fellow Cruise Critic Members! I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving (at least those who celebrate it!). We have just finished packing and are looking forward to trading our wonderful view of the city for a view of the ocean for 2 weeks.

Edward and I will be sailing on the Reflection for two weeks, starting this Saturday. I will do my best to live blog throughout the cruise, post videos, post photos and of course answer any questions you may have.

Last year we traveling over the holidays and I did my best to live blog from the Silhouette and the Eclipse. Now I will find myself better prepared with better apps for taking photos, video editing, etc.

I'll also be posting photos to my Instagram as well so feel free to follow there if you'd like: Instagram.com/paulkblackburn

Our Plans We leave tomorrow morning, flying Southwest. Unfortunately we have to connect through DC but should be in Florida by 4:30pm. We are staying at the Intercontinental in Miami and have requested a bayview room so we can see the ships in the morning.

I'll post some random videos and photos throughout the day tomorrow and as we board the ship, but if there are any specific questions you'd like answers to feel free to ask and while we are onboard we will do our best to get the answers.

Cheers!

I haven't been on here for a while now, but I your report peaks my interest because not only do I love the Reflection (went to the Mediterreanean in 2013 with her), I am also interested in a Eastern/Southern Caribbean cruise. Unfortunately, my tummy is sea sick prone :(, so I am trying to choose a calmer time to go.

When you have a moment, if you could post how the seas are at this time of year?

Thanks! Enjoy! :D

Edited by thebigbluesea

We have arrived at the airport on a rainy day in Chicago! Here is a quick YouTube link to our morning. I'm enjoying my second screw driver of the day already. Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have a great trip...we were on reflection last year...we enjoyed walking bayside market the night we stayed in miami pre cruise.

we used uber from mia airport to hotel and from hotel to ship...CHEAPER than cab.

one hint (my geeky wife told me about when i did same as you), take iphone videos with phone "horizontal"...fyi if you want to do that or not...i find it a little more awkward to do, but better for viewing online.

Have a fun trip!

I'm typing this while on our first leg of the flight to DC. Drink service on this flight has been very quick, that's a good thing! We departed from midway in Chicago right on time. Security was an absolute breeze. Very little people at the airport and despite the gloomy weather no delays! We have our exit row seats on southwest (probably one of the best things about flying on southwest. Get on early and you can always get the best seats).

We had s great travel day. Excellent people on the plane and great flight attendants. The flight attendant that was serving us actually spilled vodka on me as she was serving another passenger. No big deal, I'm going to smell like liquor the next two weeks anyway! She brought me an extra drink to make up for it so I definitely had a nice flight.

Fun side note is one of our friends from South Carolina is also landing in FLL the same time we are, so it will be a good excuse to grab a drink at the airport before heading to our hotel.

OK. So we just arrive at our hotel, the intercontinental in downtown Miami. They upgraded us to a very nice suite (I'll post video tomorrow so you can see the view in the daylight) complete with a view of the bay and two bathrooms so we don't fight in the morning.

We had dinner tonight at ToroToro in the hotel. Very good wine and steak plus some fun appetizers. It is only 8pm but we are quite exhausted of having the past few days full of drinking, thanksgiving festivities, packing and traveling.

We will report in the morning with a video of the room and our view of the ships and of course a complete review of embarkation along with a review of our room for the first leg of the cruise, a sky suite.

Cheers!

If you will have some time, would you mind inquiring about the multi-day Alcove discount? I have searched and found 10% and 20% off when booked for multiple days, but would like to know which one of those applies for 3 days (as I am debating booking a third day... or more, depending on the specific discount). Thank you so much.

Good Morning everyone! We are awoke to a beautiful view of the bay and the Reflection this morning. It looks like it will be a great day with a high of 82 and only 10% chance of rain which is as low as you can get in Florida!

Boxerlover: Yes, I will check on the alcove discount. Last I heard it was 20% if booked for the week? I'll see what they say and report back. Don't be afraid to remind me if I don't provide an answer in a couple days!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loving the live review. I'm looking forward to seeing Reflection again as we sailed on her in July. She's a great ship enjoy :)

PS the videos are great, but could you shoot them on the side for ease of viewing ;)

Edited by groryjm

Saw your thread header and thought I would jump on as a follower.

Needed to see a different perspective of sailing an I am eagerly awaiting your travels.

Having only sailed RCI I need to see how this sailing would benefit me in the future.

Thanks so much for taking the time to post your travels.

Eagerly anticipating your post.

Thanks again, ahead of time.

Safe journey.

Hi ChicagoPaul,

Our group of 8 cruised with you guys around this time last year on Silhouette Western Caribbean and usually hung out at Martini and Molecular. Our same group will be boarding Reflection while you are getting off on the 12th. Looking forward to your blog, thank you for taking the time.

Could I bother you to take a daily photo of the MDR Dinner menu each day for your Eastern Caribbean cruise? Reflection is apparently doing a 14 day MDR menu over the b2b itineraries that repeats. Interested in what nights the menu might not be that good and we'll book a specialty restaurant instead.

Have a wonderful cruise! Save us some vodka!

Maybe see you in Port of Miami as we pass by on the boarding ramps. Thanks again! Cheers,

Mark (DowntownCanada)

We are joining you on the second half of your B2B as well! After just working a 25 hr shift, I especially can't wait!

I would be interested in knowing about the classes available at the Art Studio and also the purported Sushi making classes.

Thanks!

We were the first to board! Amazing! What is even better is our favorite bartender, Charule, who was on the Eclipse with us last year is now on the Reflection! Check in was a breeze. We were lucky to have suite class so we got the suite class lounge to wait until boarding time of 11am.

So far the ship looks beautiful and the weather is just as beautiful. Luminae appears to be open for lunch today at Noon so we will stop by and eat lunch there today until our room is ready.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk