Bergen Hotel Suggestions

We have one or two nights in Bergen precruise and are looking for hotel suggestions. Has anyone stayed some place they especially liked and would recommend? We would like to be in a convenient location (I.e., Bryggen).

Thanks.

Not in the Bryggen area but a short walk away, I stayed last year at the Scandic Neptun across the harbor. Nice room, helpful staff, on the route for the Hurtigruten hotel shuttle if you are going to use that to get to the pier, and they had a very good buffet breakfast included in the room rate. Upscale restaurant on premises, but did not eat there. A short walk up some stairs behind the hotel the the Ole Bull Plas area of trendy restaurants and bars.

We stayed at the Augustin. It has a great location within walking distance of the port and Bryggen. The breakfast was superb, rooms smaller like most of Scandinavia, but very nice. We found the staff to be friendly and helpful. The Augustin is a smaller more boutique size hotel and not a large impersonal chain hotel serving large tour groups. We would choose this hotel again.

The Augustin is a smaller more boutique size hotel and not a large impersonal chain hotel serving large tour groups. We would choose this hotel again.

I agree, we found the Augustin very good, also its sister-hotel the Grand Terminus which is near the railway station.