Has anyone bought the 72 hour Copenhagencard?

Hi! We're about to go on the Regal Baltic cruise and will be doing 3 nights in Copenhagen first. After looking through Rick Steeve's book and some CC off and on, we think we'll buy the Copenhagencard when we first arrive. We have Princess transfers to and from our hotel so don't need it for that but it sounds like an easy way for all our other transportation and places-to-visit needs. We like the idea that after we pay once, we can pretty much stop in anywhere that we pass without weighing the cost value, plus we can go to Tivoli or another place we like once every 24 hours if desired. But, any input would be appreciated. Also, is it easy to find bathrooms when on our own and do we need coins/bills for them (if so about how much?) Thanks!

We definitely liked having it last year when I was there. We ended up going a couple of places that we probably wouldn't have otherwise & as you mentioned getting into the Tivoli was nice as well. I do remember being able to find bathrooms & I'm pretty sure I paid for one or two but I don't remember the cost.

Hi! We're about to go on the Regal Baltic cruise and will be doing 3 nights in Copenhagen first. After looking through Rick Steeve's book and some CC off and on, we think we'll buy the Copenhagencard when we first arrive. We have Princess transfers to and from our hotel so don't need it for that but it sounds like an easy way for all our other transportation and places-to-visit needs. We like the idea that after we pay once, we can pretty much stop in anywhere that we pass without weighing the cost value, plus we can go to Tivoli or another place we like once every 24 hours if desired. But, any input would be appreciated. Also, is it easy to find bathrooms when on our own and do we need coins/bills for them (if so about how much?) Thanks!

Go to the Wonderful Copenhagen Thread and you will find your answers. Danish Viking has been helping us visitors a lot

I believe we'll get the 72hr pass as well when we arrive at CPH. I've added up the costs of things we want to see and it amounts to the same cost and it's nice to have to pay only once. I wasn't aware of the multiple entries to Tivoli, once per 24hr?

Edited by anthonyy7

That's what it said when I researched the card.

We just returned from a b2b cruise and we did buy the CPH 72 hour card. I didn't actually total up the cost to confirm that we saved money ... but it sure was easy (I am sure we didn't waste a lot of money by doing it). We bought the card online, printed out a receipt and picked up the card after we got our luggage at the airport. Went straight to the train and never thought about buying tickets again! Enjoy your time - hope your weather is as good as ours was. It was a great (albeit tiring) few days!

You really have to do the math to decide whether the Copenhagen Card is a good deal for you or not. (It wasn't for us so we didn't buy it last year on our visit.) Or, if you don't care whether it's a good deal, you can buy it just for the sake of convenience. But I will say that we found it very easy to walk around Copenhagen, buy entry tickets to museums and pay for our bus/train rides via machines or directly with the driver.

And you are correct about being able to visit the same attraction once every 24 hours. If you have a 72-hour card, you could visit Tivoli 3 tiimes.

BTW, there's a nice free restroom at Nyhavn. Our Copenhagen Free Walking Tour guide took our group there!

You really have to do the math to decide whether the Copenhagen Card is a good deal for you or not. (It wasn't for us so we didn't buy it last year on our visit.) Or, if you don't care whether it's a good deal, you can buy it just for the sake of convenience. But I will say that we found it very easy to walk around Copenhagen, buy entry tickets to museums and pay for our bus/train rides via machines or directly with the driver.

And you are correct about being able to visit the same attraction once every 24 hours. If you have a 72-hour card, you could visit Tivoli 3 tiimes.

BTW, there's a nice free restroom at Nyhavn. Our Copenhagen Free Walking Tour guide took our group there!

Thanks for the Nyhavn restaurant info.