French Polynesia Princess Cruise Report and Guide

VirtualRain

Thank you so much for you wonderfully detailed report. We took this cruise 7 years ago and your pictures brought back so many wonderful memories. And the good news is that we're going back in October!

Thanks again for taking time to post this report!

Stunning photography. I loved the pics and review. We are travelling here in the fall, if I can capture half the beauty you have in your photos, I'm going to be making a lot of folk jealous! 😃

Thank you for sharing your review.

VirtualRain -

Stunning images! I can't imagine me taking photos where every single one is picture postcard perfect!

We're heading for a FP cruise in 3 months for our 40th and hope I can capture a least a handful of shots that are half as good as yours.

Wow....great info....she will read this in the am and love it as she has been reading tons of books about our trip there.....very close to what you did except we go on Princess from Honolulu and visit the five main stops and then go to Moorea after the cruise for 4 nights and then to Papeete for two and then fly back to Canada on AF via LA.....great info....thanks....from Kelowna

• 1 month later...

Thank you so much, you answered so many questions I had.

I do wonder if you know about the bus service on Papeete. I know you rented a car, but did you remember seeing a bus go to the water falls? I know it would drop us off on the road, and we would walk to the falls and then walk back. Any information would we great.

Thanks again for the great information!

• 4 weeks later...

What a thorough review; I add my heartfelt thanks to all who have preceded me. We will visit 3 of the islands on an April 2016 cruise, and as others have said, your review has saved me considerable research time.

I don't see that you've replied to any follow-up questions, but in case you do see these, I would like to ask if your credit card provided insurance when you rented your cars.

Thanks.

• 6 months later...

Adding thanks/merci beaucoup for the brilliant and detailed report Virtual Rain! The South Pacific is a cruise destination/destination not a lot of people ever get to make and because of its remoteness there are often more questions than on any other trip but you covered just about everything imaginable here, we really appreciate all your time and effort to give back to us and to your fellow travelers! :)

Wishing you (& everyone here) further great travels and that the generosity you exhibited here comes back to you many times over. This is what makes our forums among the best in travel - the abundant kindness of our members, also exhibited by the great feedback you've already received by other CC'ers on their way to similar trips. Well done, we are grateful.

WOW VirtualRain that was an amazing review and awesome pictures. I found so much useful information that you shared and THAT is what a good review is all about. Thank you so much. We will be visiting some of these places next March and you have assisted us so much :o Again, THANKS!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...