Overnight -- Tahiti or Moorea

mjz

We are cruising French Polynesia in September on the Wind Spirit. We arrive at 5:00 a.m. on a Thursday morning and the cruise departs on Friday at 6:00 p.m. We'll overnight at the Le Meridien Tahiti (SPG Platinum is the only reason we chose this hotel) prior to the cruise. The cruise arrives back in Tahiti the following Friday at 10:00 a.m. We have another reservation at the Le Meridien Tahiti for Friday night with our flight departing around 11:55 p.m. on Saturday.

I suspect we're not going to be wild about Tahiti or the Le Meridien. We could hang out and relax at the hotel the day we get back to Tahiti and then take a guided tour around the island or to the interior of the island on Saturday. Or, we could get off the cruise, take an 11:30 a.m. ferry to Moorea and return the following day around 5:00 p.m.

We do visit Moorea for a day on the cruise and have an ATV/Jest Ski tour booked with Moorea Activities Centers. I can definitely think of more I would like to do on Moorea, or just relax on the beach at the Sofitel.

Thoughts?

We are cruising French Polynesia in September on the Wind Spirit. We arrive at 5:00 a.m. on a Thursday morning and the cruise departs on Friday at 6:00 p.m. We'll overnight at the Le Meridien Tahiti (SPG Platinum is the only reason we chose this hotel) prior to the cruise. The cruise arrives back in Tahiti the following Friday at 10:00 a.m. We have another reservation at the Le Meridien Tahiti for Friday night with our flight departing around 11:55 p.m. on Saturday.

I suspect we're not going to be wild about Tahiti or the Le Meridien. We could hang out and relax at the hotel the day we get back to Tahiti and then take a guided tour around the island or to the interior of the island on Saturday. Or, we could get off the cruise, take an 11:30 a.m. ferry to Moorea and return the following day around 5:00 p.m.

We do visit Moorea for a day on the cruise and have an ATV/Jest Ski tour booked with Moorea Activities Centers. I can definitely think of more I would like to do on Moorea, or just relax on the beach at the Sofitel.

Thoughts?

I'd choose Moorea every time over spending time in Tahiti, it's a far more relaxing and beautiful experience.:)

I'd choose Moorea every time over spending time in Tahiti, it's a far more relaxing and beautiful experience.:)

And that's what we have decided to do!

• 2 weeks later...

Many people say that going over to Moorea for only a day isn't worth the time. I disagree. My wife and I arrived in Tahiti on Friday morning and took the first ferry over to Moorea. We enjoyed the island and relaxed for a day at the IC before heading back over to Tahiti at 2:30 Saturday. The Gauguin starts boarding at 3 so by the time we arrived, we walked straight onto the ship without delay and were in our room in minutes after a quick introduction in the lounge.

I would go over for just a day without pause if that's an option to choose.