Coffee pots in staterooms?

The only time I had trouble getting coffee was about 4 a.m. on Princess it was pitch cold :(

If you have an idea what time you want a pot of coffee delivered, you just put the time and what you want on the outside of the door, the thingee will hang on the door knob.

Coffee should be included in your fare--you shouldn't have to pay extra for it!

You aren't paying for the coffee, the poster was talking about room service and it is customary (not required) to tip the room service waiter a dollar or two as they are not included in the prepaid gratuities.

As far as I know (please correct me) NCL is the only line of the ones I've

sailed (see signature) that have the hotel type coffee pots in the cabins.

Never had a coffee maker in the cabin but have only cruised on 3 lines. We fill out the pre-order form and hang it on the door before going to bed, with our choices of coffee, juice, rolls or whatever & time we would like it delivered. It has always arrived on time, usually a little earlier & we take singles with us for a tip. (Not required but we do tip for the extra service). Actually not sure coffee makers in cabins would be a good idea - fire hazard maybe??:eek:

The reason for no coffee pot in your room, is because then you would have to lift your finger (hand and pot) to make the coffee.....that is why so many of us love to cruise....you don't have to do a THING for the entire trip except for have good time. Oh yeah....you have to lift your finger at the pool to get the yummy frozen drink from the straw of your glass to your lips....:D

We took a small 2-cupper on the CB last two times and made our coffee. We just left the pot when we disembarked. We also ordred Room Service coffee, but as you have heard by now, the cruise ship coffee is awful.That's the only complaint I can come up with about a cruise, so that's why I keep on cruising. I can live with bad coffee, or I can bring my own!!:D

We brought along our own coffee maker for our CB cruise. I have one that brews directly into travel cups so there is no hot plate or worry about breaking a glass pot. The coffee maker cost about $20 and has come in very handy. The steward told me that if the coffee maker had a hot plate he would have to confiscate it.

We ordered room service coffee and hot chocolate each morning aboard the Diamond Princess. We just called for it each morning when we got up, and it was delivered within 10-15 minutes.

We also treated ourselves to the Balcony Breakfast one morning, and it was wonderful. There was more food than we could eat at one meal, so saved the plate of breakfast breads, and for the following 2 mornings ordered fresh fruit along with the coffee and hot chocolate, and that was our breakfast those days. It was well worth the cost.

• 2 weeks later...

On our last cruise, we ordered room service coffee for the first morning. We held onto the thermal pot and the coffee cups throughout the cruise. He and I alternated the chore of zipping to the Lido deck and filling the pot each morning for the rest of the cruise.

We didn't want to order room service each day because we didn't want to plan our mornings that closely. Calling room service for coffee to be brought to us would have been an exercise in patience - at least an hour wait during the breakfast hours.

You may be wondering why we used the pot at all since we were going to the Lido for coffee anyway. Well, we like having more than a single cup of coffee as we get ready and this way we could each have two HOT cups! (Before the cruise was over there were lots of people who copied the idea...)

Getting confused about the wine rule. We are cruising on PoAM in Sept and are trying to get the real facts. Is wine allowed to be brought on the ship as long as ncl doesn't carry your brand on board? I've read that it is. I understand that there is a convience fee, and that's fine. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks.

They provide 4 cup packages of Folgers Decaf and Regular and the creamer and sugar too. They will replenish as you use it or you can ask the room steward for more anytime... It is only a 4 cup one but it was nice to have expecially with a balcony. We just dont' get up on vacation at a particular time and room service takes a while if you call when you do get up so it was a nice perk to be able to make it yourself. Debbie

Archived