Question re: Cape Town

April29

Hello

I'm asking this question on behalf of my elderly parents who will be going on the Seven Seas Mariner on Nov 24.

Boarding time is 2 pm at the V&A waterfront.

If they arrive earlier, is there anywhere for them to drop off their luggage & wait for boarding ?

Thanks for your help.

Yes we have! WE drop our cases andthe porters then take them away Every cruise line has a slightly different procedure. Cunard for example stipulates what time you should arrive- they like to stagger arrivals. CT does not have a very sophisticated terminal how ever.

Hello

I'm asking this question on behalf of my elderly parents who will be going on the Seven Seas Mariner on Nov 24.

Boarding time is 2 pm at the V&A waterfront.

If they arrive earlier, is there anywhere for them to drop off their luggage & wait for boarding ?

Thanks for your help.

Hi April29

We boarded Ocean Princess and sailed from Cape Town last May. This is an extract from my diary which may be helpful to your parents. We had stayed in the city for 5 days before the start of our cruise. We loved Cape Town and the sail away was spectacular.

Tuesday 5th May.

Embarkation day and Robben Island trip.

We had breakfast and finished the packing before leaving for the dock at about 10.00 for the 2 minute drive.

We were able to check our luggage through but had to wait until 12 noon for the passenger check-in to open. Fortunately there was a safe place for Jim to leave his camera bag so we took the car back to Avis at 11.15and got a taxi down to the Robben Island Ferry Terminal where we needed to be for the 12.30 boarding.

CAPE TOWN CRUISE TERMINAL.

It was unfortunate that the cruise dock is right by a huge building site so first impressions were poor. The building is a bit bleak but it has chairs and very clean, new toilet facilities.

Luggage porters were available.

Cases were scanned in the terminal.

The building is a 10/15 minute walk from the V&A Waterfront complex where there is the Cape Town 'eye' (half price if you show your ship's card = R50pp) and the ferry to Robben Island (R280pp).

18729145308_1f2f8ae110_k.jpgAfrican Adventure May 15 Izzy 3 330 by isabel rushton, on Flickr

19096581185_a741e6aaa7_b.jpgIMG_9145 by isabel rushton, on Flickr

18474058574_83f43dda7e_b.jpgIMG_9146 by isabel rushton, on Flickr

19070314566_730f9ca097_b.jpgIMG_9124 by isabel rushton, on Flickr