BREAKAWAY Questions ???????

Kellyann

I've read so many reviews on this ship but still have many questions.

The Vibe is $79 pp. What is it? Any nice place to dance cheek to cheek for an older couple?

Are all the shows free but you still need reservations beforehand. If they are not free, what is the cost? The Cirque show looks like a dinner is included but can you just watch show without eating? If so, what is charge?

So many fee restaurants but what is the charge? Are they all priced the same?

I see that the Breakaway only has two sets of stairs/elevators, it doesn't seem like enough for that many passengers. I'm afraid it might be too much walking for my 80 year old friend. What's your thinking?

Which voyage would have less passengers and especially less children - Oct 25 or Nov 1? Is there any way to find out this info?

The Vibe is $79 pp. What is it? VVibe is a reserved, adult sun deck with 2 hot tubs, bar, padded loungers, umbrellas and beds. Any nice place to dance cheek to cheek for an older couple? Your best bet for that is probably the Manhattan room or they could dance with one of the guitar players.

Are all the shows free but you still need reservations beforehand. Correct If they are not free, what is the cost? The Cirque show looks like a dinner is included but can you just watch show without eating? If so, what is charge? Nope, paying customers only.

So many fee restaurants but what is the charge? Are they all priced the same? They are not all priced the same. I don't have all the prices but I"m sure someone will.

I see that the Breakaway only has two sets of stairs/elevators, it doesn't seem like enough for that many passengers. I'm afraid it might be too much walking for my 80 year old friend. What's your thinking?

no, they excelled with the ships design in this area, mostly everything is centered. just choose a stateroom close to the elevators

Which voyage would have less passengers and especially less children - Oct 25 or Nov 1? Is there any way to find out this info?

Either one, school is in session so you should be fine and no, there's not. There are several adult only areas.

NJ public schools are closed on Nov. 5 & 6th for a teachers convention. I would go for the October 25th cruise to be safe.

That is just invaluable info. The 10/25 is a little more money but it should be quieter.

Soaringfalcon and others, thank you so much for great info.

I find the ship very hard to walk end to end ! I am 54 with seizures and need a walker. I suggest bringing a walker with a seat or renting a manual wheel chair for later in the cruise when your mother might be tired of walking around.

The Vibe is $79 pp. What is it? Any nice place to dance cheek to cheek for an older couple? Vibe was a cruise blessing for my husband. It is an adult only area with padded lounge chairs, hot tubs, and a private bar. At times, crowds could be a bit overwhelming for him, especially on sea days when the children's pool was closed for repairs. There was soft music playing, but there was no dance floor in there.

Are all the shows free but you still need reservations beforehand. If they are not free, what is the cost? The Cirque show looks like a dinner is included but can you just watch show without eating? If so, what is charge? All shows except Cirque and Wine lovers musical are free. I believe Cirque is approximately $40 and Wine lovers is $20. You cannot just watch the show and not get food. Wine lovers is self explanatory, there's lots of wine involved.:D

So many fee restaurants but what is the charge? Are they all priced the same?The specialty restaurant prices vary from $15 to $99. La Cucina (Italian) is $15 and the Chef's Table is $99. There are so many choices in between!

I see that the Breakaway only has two sets of stairs/elevators, it doesn't seem like enough for that many passengers. I'm afraid it might be too much walking for my 80 year old friend. What's your thinking? It is true that there are only 2 elevator/stair banks, but they are surprisingly easy to access and each bank has 8 elevators.

We were tossing around those two dates as well, and actually decided on neither one. We chose November 8-15th. The price was better on that date, plus we decided we didn't really want to be in one port for three days. And we didn't want to leave our home empty on Halloween

Whatever date you choose, I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time. The Breakaway is an amazing ship.

The Vibe is $79 pp. What is it? Any nice place to dance cheek to cheek for an older couple?

Are all the shows free but you still need reservations beforehand. If they are not free, what is the cost? The Cirque show looks like a dinner is included but can you just watch show without eating? If so, what is charge?

All the shows but cirque are free. Reservations get you in 1/2 hr. early for good seats. Every person has to have their stateroom card when you check in. If you go late, you just take chances on what is left if you don't have reservations.

Fees are different for different restaurants. Some are 30, some 20. We only to went to one on this trip for our 49th anniversary. Chose Le Bistro and it was wonderful. We also made reservations for all our eating even though it was in the main restaurants. Glad we did. There were usually lines, and when they ran our card, we would go right in.

Our stateroom was a balcony aft and rarely was there any trouble getting an elevator. Rarely had a problem with long walks (only for shows) as most of the restaurants are aft or mid toward aft so very easy to get to them. There were more people with wheelchairs, walkers, etc. on this ship than I have ever seen.

Can't answer about the vibe. We splurge and get a spa pass as we know we can have a quiet time, stretch out, read, take a nap, etc. Next trip will be hectic as we will do the Western Caribbean, so not much sea time we will probably go for the Vibe if we can get a ticket.

Have fun. It's a beautiful ship, but you are right, there are LOTS of people.

We were tossing around those two dates as well, and actually decided on neither one. We chose November 8-15th. The price was better on that date, plus we decided we didn't really want to be in one port for three days. And we didn't want to leave our home empty on Halloween

Whatever date you choose, I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time. The Breakaway is an amazing ship.

Looks like we'll be sailing together on 11/8. We booked a mini-suite right outside of the elevators. Thanks for your info.

Looks like we'll be sailing together on 11/8. We booked a mini-suite right outside of the elevators. Thanks for your info.

I'll try to pass the ship to you both in one piece. We are on the 11/1 sailing, so we will be disembarking as you embark.

Not to be snarky but why all the ???? after your title? Just curious as it sounded frustrated, perhaps?

As far as the dining the actual NCL website has all the correct information for you. I quickly googled and came up with this pdf doc that lists everything and more:

http://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/DiningGuide_042115.pdf

Also, while it's nice to preplan your itinerary for shows and make reservations it is really not necessary. The shows at the beginning of the week may be somewhat full but the later shows in the week are not. Plenty of walk up available.

The hallways are long but I viewed that as my exercise. Your 80 year old friend should be fine going from point A to point B but a cabin near the stairs/elevators closest to where you think you would be spending a good amount of time might be wise. There are so many places to sit on the Boardwalk that you can easily stroll along, stop, enjoy the scenery and people watching, then move along again.

As for dancing cheek to cheek the Manhattan Room MDR had a dance band during dinner, like a supper club. There were also a couple abbreviated dance shows during dinner throughout the week.

Edited by Medtech2

Not to be snarky but why all the ???? after your title? Just curious as it sounded frustrated, perhaps?

I put ???????'s in the subject line because I had ??????'s and everyone was helpful in answering them. No frustration felt, just simple questions. Definition of "snarky" is crotchety, snappish, sarcastic or irreverent in tone so if you don't want to sound "snarky", then don't even mention how one titles their message.

I put ???????'s in the subject line because I had ??????'s and everyone was helpful in answering them. No frustration felt, just simple questions. Definition of "snarky" is crotchety, snappish, sarcastic or irreverent in tone so if you don't want to sound "snarky", then don't even mention how one titles their message.

So I take it the rest of my post was not helpful and in no way answered your questions? Sorry:confused: