Tips & Tricks for First Time Cruiser Ever; Traveling on Dawn

Relax Cruiser

I love all of these posts.

To answer a question - no robes in the balcony cabins.

I do have a question - you mentioned a $5 tour of St. George.

We plan on taking the first ferry out. Where do we go to get on this tour? Leaving in four weeks - can't wait to go again.

Thank you!

Hi, firsttime_cruiser2015!

I'm fairly new to cruising myself. I just booked my sixth cruise! I went on the Dawn to Bermuda last August and loved it. I have a tendency to really research my cruises--both the ship and destination, so I compiled quite a bit of information for that cruise. I would be happy to share it with you. If you have an email address, I could send it to you. I have a Word document with Internet links, a map, etc. that I could email to you. Keep in mind, though, that some information may be dated since my cruise was last year. :)

Jenesaisquoi, I'd love to look at your research. Would you mind? What a great resource not having been to Bermuda for 25 years! We're headed back to our honeymoon spot in in August for our anniversary.

Thanks much! Email is ragasdb@gmail.com

I'm new to this forum and just getting used to using it but I am looking into booking the Dawn in August and would love to see whatever info you have. Please let me know how to send my email address

I am trying to post a new thread but I cannot find the "new thread" to do it!:( Please excuse my ignorance…I'm new here.LOL

Go to top of any page of the Norwegian Cruise Line forum. Just above the blue banner that says Norwegian Cruise Line is a "new thread' button.

Welcome to CC!

Edited by pizzalady1

Go to top of any page of the Norwegian Cruise Line forum. Just above the blue banner that says Norwegian Cruise Line is a "new thread' button.

Welcome to CC!

Hanks so much!! I think I've got it now

Hi everyone!! I hope it is not too late to join the request for the research document. @jenesaisquoi, this will be my first ever cruise to celebrate my parents' 60th birthdays so any tips would be helpful to make the trip as enjoyable as possible!!

my email is: winncie @ vezinathode . ca (no space) :)

Thanks again!

Lol I'm sitting here waiting for my heart doc to come in and am very curious as to the doc jene was so kind to send to many people.

Dawn is my favorite ship.

Don't like that she's in Boston. Lol

I would like to be sent the research since there might be some things on it to help me with my upcoming cruise to Bermuda.

Maybe someone cane mail me a copy?

Thanks.

debbiedoll2@aol.com

We have over 30 cruises completed but none on NCL. We head to Bermuda with my sister and her 4 kids (teens and a tween) last week in August. I am interested in all things food, particularly breakfast. Are there options other than the MDR and the buffet for breakfast? Seems I read that the smaller venues (specialty dining spots) are open too.

What is Carlo's bakeshop like?

Any thoughts on Cagney's? worth it?

How are the desserts?

Morning pastry? Croissants, muffins, etc. Any recommendations?

And oh yes, I'd love the info so generously and widely shared by Jene

mjon1@verizon.net

Thank you all.

We have over 30 cruises completed but none on NCL. We head to Bermuda with my sister and her 4 kids (teens and a tween) last week in August. I am interested in all things food, particularly breakfast. Are there options other than the MDR and the buffet for breakfast? Seems I read that the smaller venues (specialty dining spots) are open too.

What is Carlo's bakeshop like?

Any thoughts on Cagney's? worth it?

How are the desserts?

Morning pastry? Croissants, muffins, etc.

Any recommendations

And oh yes, I'd love the info so generously and widely shared by Jene

mjon1@verizon.net

Thank you all.

Another place to have any meal (limited number of choices, but still pleasant) is: Blue Lagoon (O'Sheehan's on other ships)

DECK 8 Cuisine Pub Price Per Person: Complimentary

Edited by ggTexasGal
Wrong Restaurant

I requested the info a couple of months ago but never received it either. Maybe too many requests? I would love it if someone who did receive it would also be willing to share with me.

Thank you in advance.

pattyh1018@comcast.net

Edited by first time cruiser pat

The best tip I received for my first cruise was to skip the buffet when boarding and go to the main dinning room for lunch.

Agreed. We took our first cruise in May and found the dining room had only a handful of tables with guests. We actually avoided the buffet except for a couple of meals.

Hi, firsttime_cruiser2015!

I'm fairly new to cruising myself. I just booked my sixth cruise! I went on the Dawn to Bermuda last August and loved it. I have a tendency to really research my cruises--both the ship and destination, so I compiled quite a bit of information for that cruise. I would be happy to share it with you. If you have an email address, I could send it to you. I have a Word document with Internet links, a map, etc. that I could email to you. Keep in mind, though, that some information may be dated since my cruise was last year. :)

I know your post goes back a bit but I would love a copy...email lpejouhy@gmail.com..thank you...we are going in October...pray for calm seas...lol