Re-Booking help

Trynity

I am completely devastated and not sure what recourse I have here.

I booked a cruise out of Barcelona on Norwegian myself (using a voucher from a prior cruise) and a cash deposit . Because I work in media relations I had connected with a travel agent who said he would be interested in working with me in regards to getting a review of this sailing and he would work out all of the details. He transferred the booking to his agency (I did not sign anything, but did provide him my reservation number). I had not had any contact in the past few months, but as our final payment was approaching I had sent an email asking where to remit final payment. I heard nothing until yesterday, when he states that he is "no longer doing this you can take your reservation back". I phoned NCL to inquire about doing so, and they insisted that he has to send a form. I literally cannot get this person on the phone nor to respond to an email. So what am I to do. We have even booked flights through him, but have not even received any airline tickets or confirmation ? Has anyone else ever had an experience with a less than scrupulous travel agency ? This was to be a milestone birthday/cancer-free celebration cruise for myself and quality time spent with my family and now it is becoming a walking nightmare. I understand that by posting this publicly I open myself up to the scrutiny of fellow board members, however I am honestly just looking for insight and shared experiences.

I am completely devastated and not sure what recourse I have here.

I booked a cruise out of Barcelona on Norwegian myself (using a voucher from a prior cruise) and a cash deposit . Because I work in media relations I had connected with a travel agent who said he would be interested in working with me in regards to getting a review of this sailing and he would work out all of the details. He transferred the booking to his agency (I did not sign anything, but did provide him my reservation number). I had not had any contact in the past few months, but as our final payment was approaching I had sent an email asking where to remit final payment. I heard nothing until yesterday, when he states that he is "no longer doing this you can take your reservation back". I phoned NCL to inquire about doing so, and they insisted that he has to send a form. I literally cannot get this person on the phone nor to respond to an email. So what am I to do. We have even booked flights through him, but have not even received any airline tickets or confirmation ? Has anyone else ever had an experience with a less than scrupulous travel agency ? This was to be a milestone birthday/cancer-free celebration cruise for myself and quality time spent with my family and now it is becoming a walking nightmare. I understand that by posting this publicly I open myself up to the scrutiny of fellow board members, however I am honestly just looking for insight and shared experiences.

Hello Trynity, we're sorry to hear about your trouble and would like to direct you to the appropriate department to assist you. Could you kindly send your contact and reservation information to us via email at publicrelations@ncl.com?

Hello Trynity, we're sorry to hear about your trouble and would like to direct you to the appropriate department to assist you. Could you kindly send your contact and reservation information to us via email at publicrelations@ncl.com?

That's a very classy thing to do NCL. I hope it all works out for this family and they have a great cruise.

Thank you NCL I appreciate knowing you are on this case for these fellow cruisers.

Kudos to NCL for stepping in, hope everything works out ok for the OP!! :)

I know that NCL will always tell you to work things out with your TA first, but I imagine that their agreements with travel professionals allow them to take back a booking unilaterally in the case of a totally flaky, unresponsive TA. After all, the OP is certainly not going to send final payment to this worthless TA, so if NCL continues to insist that they need some form from the TA, they will simply lose this booking, and probably this customer forever.

I just hope the OP didn't get screwed on the flights! If they paid the TA but the airline doesn't have their booking, that is a very worrisome…

OP, I hope you come back here and let us know how this all turns out. You won't get any judgment (well, hopefully not!) but it could be very informative for future cruisers.

Impressed! Very quick reply! Hopefully, Publicrelations will make this a priority as they're usually so backed up!

Good Job NCL!

Harriet

I read the OP and wanted to cry.

Then I read NCL's post and had the SAME reaction all of you did! I have always been told onboard that they read the posts, but this puts new meaning to it.

Glad that I also have my own PCC and book through her exclusively.