Which Haven suite on Epic ?

Hi,

I'm hoping that someone might be able to help me decide on which cabin would suit us best.

I'm looking to book a suite in the Haven area and have been looking at both the Haven Aft Penthouse and also the Haven Spa suites.

It will be the first time my wife and I have cruised so I'm not sure what to expect. We both have some mobility issues but walking the length of the ship isn't an issue. I think the view from the balcony on the Aft Penthouse would be amazing. However, I believe the shower is over the bath in this room type and it can be quite awkward to access / get out of ?

I think the Spa Suite has a separate shower but I'm concerned that there will be a lot of noise from the neighbouring spa area ? Also not sure how the balcony and view compare to the Aft Penthouse ?

The cabins that are currently available are as follows -

Haven Penthouse - 13295, 13025, 11321

Haven Spa Suite - 14133, 14145, 14147.

Do the two bedroom family suites in the Haven area have a separate shower ?

Any recommendations for which deck to choose ?

Thanks in advance,

Glen

We have stayed in the aft suite on the Epic and you are correct it is a tub/shower combo and it is a high tub to climb in. If you have any mobility or balance issues I would not recommend that cabin but the view is nice.

We had friends stay in the spa suite and they had no complaints about noise.

If money is not an issue I would take the 2 bedroom within the Haven on floor 16. The extra space is great and the shower in the master is wonderful. It is also so convenient to be able to walk around the corner for breakfast or grab a drink. We loved being able to walk out our room into the hot tub in the evening before bed.

Lastly, there is a handicapped penthouse suite on floor 16 that my parents stayed in last year. The square footage is the same as the 2 bedroom but it is one large room. There is one bathroom with a shower only. It worked great for them as my Dad has a lot of mobility issues but you have to support the need for a handicapped room.

Have fun, we loved the Epic and the Haven.

If accessing the shower is a concern, I also put in my vote for the 2-bedroom. Both showers are easy to get in and out of and being in the Haven makes using the amenities convenient.

I know the baths in the Courtyard Penthouses should be avoided if you have mobility issues. We looked at one and they are extremely high. Unfortunately, I can't comment if they are the same ones found in the aft/spa suites.

We stayed in a Haven Spa Suite (14149), and loved it, the shower was pretty large and easy to access, and it was very close to the spa, so we could wander back to our room in our robes! There was no noise at all from the spa, and it was a quiet location.

The only downside was it was a bit remote from the courtyard and Haven area, but that didn't bother us at all. We mostly used Posh anyway during the day, and it was easy to access that, one floor up, wander along to the buffet area and take the private lift straight up to Posh.

We too vote for the 2 bedroom suite on deck 16. We were on the starboard side suite 16017 which for us was extremely convenient to the elevators, the concierge, Haven pool and the Haven dining room/bar.

Hi everyone,

Thanks very much for all your replies. Lots of useful information.

Everyone seems to be going for the 2 bed suite option. Is this a better option than the accessible penthouse ? Is it potentially in a better location ? I believe this is the same size as the 2 bed suite ? There is little difference in the price of both.

Thanks for your help,

Hi everyone,

Thanks very much for all your replies. Lots of useful information.

Everyone seems to be going for the 2 bed suite option. Is this a better option than the accessible penthouse ? Is it potentially in a better location ? I believe this is the same size as the 2 bed suite ? There is little difference in the price of both.

Thanks for your help,

Personal preference I think. The locations are similar if you are on deck 16. My husband and I prefer the two bedroom for a couple of reasons: even though it is just two of us, we like having a separate living room where one of us can sit and relax while the other is getting ready; we also like using the small second bedroom to store our luggage, keep our dirty laundry bag, etc. And finally, we like (or I should say my husband likes) having a second bathroom because when I am doing my hair, dressing etc I tend to monopolize the main bathroom. The shower in the two bedroom is amazing, with a floor to ceiling window that looks out on the sea. Really wonderful.

Terry