Anything special on a WC segment?

Austcruiser84

I have been on two and did not find anything different in menus, entertainment, etc. than the rest of the voyage (this was on QE). That said, I think the TA portion has a little different vibe than the others - more of the long time Cunarders, beautiful formal nights, and more of the feeling of bygone crossings.

I am inclined to agree with Scrapnana, there is a sort of slightly different ambiance. After all, for some, it is the start of some 3 whole months on board - now that has to be special!! I will be on board till Fort Lauderdale so Austcruiser84 maybe we can compare notes?

I am inclined to agree with Scrapnana, there is a sort of slightly different ambiance. After all, for some, it is the start of some 3 whole months on board - now that has to be special!! I will be on board till Fort Lauderdale so Austcruiser84 maybe we can compare notes?

I envy those who can spend three months on board! I certainly hope the ambience is good. My Christmas Caribbean cruise on her in 2012 was really elegant, but the discounted TA that followed was less so.

Lucky you getting 10 days instead of 7. Sadly I fly home from NY the day before she docks in FL.

We were on a segment of this year's world cruise. Our segment was Cape Town to Southampton. I would say that there was nothing truly special other than notations in the daily program and by the captain regarding the WC milestones. And some of the PAX told happy stories of their WC adventures. Otherwise it was simply a lovely Cunard QMII journey.

I also agree that there is a slight difference in atmosphere on board, a litlle more contentment, a more relaxed feeling. In fact, were it not for the fact we are unable to go far mow because of my elderly mum, we'd do nothing but World Cruises.

I envy those who can spend three months on board! I certainly hope the ambience is good. My Christmas Caribbean cruise on her in 2012 was really elegant, but the discounted TA that followed was less so.

Lucky you getting 10 days instead of 7. Sadly I fly home from NY the day before she docks in FL.

I see from another thread your choice of travel - I am the same so we must really try to say hello. Maybe there will be a CC meet up.

Trevor

I see from another thread your choice of travel - I am the same so we must really try to say hello. Maybe there will be a CC meet up.

Trevor

Are you being deliberately ambiguous with 'choice of travel' due to another thread on the main Cunard forum? :)

I'm joining QM2 for the first week of its 2016 WC and wonder if there is anything special about being on board during this time?

I was curious... too, as I could never afford a WC. The response from others hear reminds me of an experience I had on another line, back in l998, on the first cruise of a brand new ship. On this cruise the ship left from Istanbul, many local residents stood on roof tops to watch the ship leave, local fireboats were out as well. That was basically it.

My DH and I had boarded early, the day before, went up to the disco which was a top the ship, thinking we could get a good view city. When we got there - we found there was a private "press party" hosted my the line; which we crashed for the fun of it and had a couple cocktails before the ship left.

The next day, the ship was at sea, and the line hosted a repeat passenger party. Guess where it was held, around the pool... the contrast between the press party and the repeat passenger event was amazing... I don't have to tell which we enjoy more. At the pool the only choice we had was to sit in plastic chairs (we stood) as it was a formal night and we were dressed for it. There was nothing special the rest of cruise except for port fireboats along the way.

Sometimes the PR lines put out with a lot hype lets us image more. A WC though in and of itself with many wonderful ports would be a real treat for me.

It is the latter!!

My cabin already assigned, not sure how you get a GTY in the UK.

Well, we will likely bump into one another at some point, possibly even at dinner.

Only had a guarantee booking three times - my first ever cruise with Princess, my last QM2 voyage (also Q) and this one.

Your 10 day trip seems to allow booking specific rooms, whereas the 7 day TA doesn't.

Edited by Austcruiser84

I'm in P ,perhaps we could all meet up in the G lounge :D:D:D

That sounds like a good idea! Do you have an assignment already or id it GTY too? I do like the G lounge - perfect place for meeting.

Are you on for just 7 days or longer?

Two winks for yes, one wink for no. Wiggle your nose if unsure... :)

I'm in P ,perhaps we could all meet up in the G lounge :D:D:D

Yes I am up for that - perhaps we can exchange cabin numbers when known and I am sure there will be CC meet on day 2.

Trevor