Favorite WC Segment

bellemere

I have done 2 segments. They have both been great. Dubai to England was great as a lot of history, Petra, Cairo, Athens and Rome. To many years of history to count. The last one Sydney to San Francisco was fun. A week in New Zealand Then across the Pacific and for me getting off at home. There is lots to do on sea days and it is nice to just relax. Go for it

Great question, I've been thinking about this as I have a big birthday in March 2017 and if I want to celebrate on board it needs to be a WC segment.

I do like sea days but I was thinking more of the Far East or Australia where do you do get more ports for your time and you could add a stay somewhere interesting at either end.

We have done Southampton to LA and Hong Kong to Southampton also Singapore to Southampton. We would love to do San Francisco to Hong Kong and as soon as we are able to go away without an elderly relative to cause concern, we will do it, and hopefully a bit more too.

My particular favourite is crossing the Indian Ocean - so far!

So far my favourite has been Los Angeles to Southampton via the Panama Canal and New York. You cover the Pacific, the Atlantic and get a brief sojourn in the Caribbean on top of the run through the canal which I thought was simply marvellous.

M-AR

Since I love sea days, I would choose San Francisco to Sydney or Sydney to Hong Kong.

I have to agree with Scrapnana. Last year I did San Francisco to Sydney on QE and just loved it. So much so that next year I am doing Adelaide to Tokyo also on QE. I just love sea days:D

Chez

We always do a world cruise segment or a full world cruise. I think it depends on what places in the world you prefer to see.

I think the ports of call in Asia are just so fascinating! I love Vietnam, Japan China, South Korea. Malaysia. All so different in everyway.

We tend to choose a segment by the itinerary and as we have done most ports more than once.

We go back to the Australian segments over and over again as we love Australia. So ports from Sydney to Hong Kong are good. Cape Town to Australia is a good one and Crossing the Pacific is another , but unfortunately the ships never stop as at many ports of call in the South Pacific as they did a few years ago.

So my suggestion is look at a part of the world you would really like to see and go for it. If you like sea days there plenty on a world cruise so take in to account when booking that many ports are often a few days apart. Enjoy which ever you choose to do. Cunard are great at world cruises. :)

I have done a full world cruise on QE2 in 2007, and the SYDNEY - SINGAPORE was particularly memorable:

SYDNEY, BRISBANE, CAIRNS, RABAUL, YOKOHAMA, OSAKA, SHANGHAI, HONG KONG, DANANG, BANGKOK, SINGAPORE.

The SAN FRANCISCO - SYDNEY segment was also very good and very popular: SAN FRANCISCO, HONOLULU, LAHAINA, PAPEETE, MOREA, TONGA, FIJI, AUCKLAND, WELLINGTON, CHRISTCHURCH, HOBART, MELBOURNE, SYDNEY

Good luck making your decision and have a fantastic time!

• 1 month later...
Great, just hoping that there's a segment that is less than 3 weeks from Far East. Only allowed to take a maximum of 3 weeks holiday from work.

Greetings Paphos lady from Cyprus ;)

I think you will need at least a month for a world cruise segment. They are usually around 24 to 27 days and you may want to stay in the port before you depart, or when you leave the ship.

We often do segments and next year we do Cape Town to Sydney, as we love Austraila.

We stay a few days in advance and a stay in Sydney afterwards as it is a long way to go and not spend time there. Cape Town is a fabulous place and we have been before, but we still stay longer as there is

so much to see. I would suggest you will need at least a month to do a segment.

I hope you can make it. World cruise segments are my favourite cruises (after a full world which is for me the best thing ever! )

I doubt we will do another full world cruise as we have done four in as many years but never say never! I felt cruised out after our last one which was just so amazing!

I wish you luck with it and happy cruising.

I hope that's not the case, there are 5 segments of 15-20 days available in March next year ( the month I'm most interested in). I'm hoping there will be a similar choice for 2017.

It will be a while before we are in a position to do the whole thing!

It will be our Ruby Wedding Anniversary in December 2017 - God willing - so we are thinking of doing the 2018 World Cruise - again God and finances willing!

This time next year I shall be beside myself, waiting for the brochures and each itinerary to be released.

We did a 17 day segment Dubai to Hong Kong which was perfect except for being a bit port intensive, I do love those sea days! Still I would highly recommend it as the ports were all very interesting and the 17 days fitted in well with our ability to take 3 weeks off - we spent an extra day in Dubai and Hong Kong which was a great idea.

Another good, but not as exotic segment was LA to Ft Lauderdale - we had been concerned about flying out of the country in the middle of winter and getting caught up in snow storms again, so this gave us easy access to good weather ports to start and end with, and minimal jet lag. Also, I always enjoy the Panama Canal.

If QM2 does an around South America in 2017, that's the one we would love to do next.

We would love to do a whole world cruise, but until we can take the time (and have the funds!) to do this, I think doing segments is a great way to travel :)

Safarigal - 17 day segment would be perfect for us, Dubai to Hong Kong would be great. We have been to Dubai before but have always said we would like to visit again.

I agree segments are a good way to travel when you are still working. South America would also be very interesting.

Hopefully host hattie will have better luck then me...all I got so far is the Sydney Harbor schedule for 2017 which shows the following:

QM2 & QE 02/25/2017

QM2 03/02/2017

QV 03/06/2017 and then again on 03/10/2017

Then again who knows how set in stone this is...but it's a little something.